Old 01-24-2012, 06:30 PM   #1  

Default Jelled Ricotta dessert

Hi all, maybe this has been posted, I saw this recipe on Kalyn's kitchen, she has some amazing SBD recipes and is doing a whole month of phase 1 recipes this month to get us back in the swing..saw this and it looks good, I am going to make it now and will report back.

Jelled Ricotta Pudding
(Makes 4 servings, recipe shared by Janet Davis and tested by Kalyn.)

Ingredients:
1 pkg sugar-free Jello, any flavor that appeals to you
(this recipe is for 4-serving size package, double it for larger box of Jello.)
1 cup boiling water
2/3 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup cold water

Instructions:

Put ricotta cheese into bowl and stir with fork or whisk until it's slightly softened. Have four glass dishes (slightly over 1/2 cup each) ready on counter to pour the hot Jello mixture into.

Put powdered Jello from package into large glass measuring cup, pour in boiling water and whisk for 1-2 minutes, until all Jello is dissolved in the water. Stir in ricotta, then cold water and mix together. Pour into glass bowls and place in refrigerator to set. I waited about 2 hours until the mixture was partly firm, then covered it with cling wrap.

Serve cold, from individual dishes.
momtotwinzplus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:02 AM   #2  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

How was this, momtotwinz? I am looking for ways to experiment with sugar-free Jello.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/183.2/150

Height: 5'5"

I've tried this one with raspberry SF jello. It was just OK. I have trouble with the texture of ricotta cheese. The ricotta all sinks to the bottom so I felt you had to mix it all up to be able to tolerate the taste. It did get a bit better with a dollop of Cool Whip Free.
Mysh RN is offline   Reply With Quote