Old 03-08-2010, 08:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/166/145

Height: 5'7''

Default Chocolate Pecan Torte

I found this recipe online and it turned out pretty well. I used melted Smart Balance for the butter and didn't use any erythritol, but the cake was still great....took the edge off my cravings. Enjoy!

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients:

* 2 cups pecans
* 1/3 cup cocoa
* 1 t baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 4 eggs
* 1/2 cup (I stick) butter, melted
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1/4 cup erythritol (optional)
* Artificial sweetener equivalent to 1 cup sugar I use zero-carb liquid sweeteners .
* 1/2 cup water

Preparation:
Heat oven to 350 F. Grease a 8 or 9" round pan or springform pan.

1) Process pecans in food processor - pulse until they are meal - but they won't get quite as small as corn meal.

2) Add the rest of the dry ingredients and pulse again. (Note on erythritol: You can do this recipe with all artificial sweetener, but I've begun experimenting with partial erythritol, with success. I haven't tested all different combinations yet, though - it may be that more erythritol is even better.)

3) Add the wet ingredients and process until well-blended.

4) Pour into pan and bake. The exact time will vary with the pan. Start checking at about 25 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

5) Cut when cool. If desired, serve with homemade whipped cream and/or chocolate sauce.

Nutritional Information: Each of 8 servings has 2 grams of effective carbohydrate plus 4 grams of fiber, 6 grams of protein, and 334 calories.
texaslove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 151/145/115

Height: 5"0'

I made this tonight cause i was craving cupcakes and it came out awesome I substituted walnuts for pecans and made it in a muffin tin with liners I cut all the ingredient portions in half and baked at 325 for 12-15 min. I also made a cream cheese and ricota frosting 5oz ff cream cheese, 2T low fat ricota, 3c splenda, 1t vanilla, 1/8 t salt and, 1 t cinnamon. cream cheeses,vanilla, and salt together and then add splenda and cinnamon in 3 parts. whisk till smooth scrape down bowl with rubber spatula and whisk again It will be between a glaze and frosting
SCAgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 246/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I made this tonight and it's DELICIOUS! I didn't have erythritol so I used Da Vinci Kahlua sf syrup, and I used granulated Splenda with fiber for the "artificial sweetener".. I also used Earth Balance Soy Free Buttery Spread for "butter", since I can't have soy or dairy.

It was a big hit with the whole family
Mum2Monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote