My version of black bean brownies :)

• I know there are similar recipes out there but here is what I made last night, very yummy!

1 15oz. can of black beans(plain) drained and rinsed
    4 medium eggs
    1 1/4 cup Splenda
    3 1/2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 tsp. baking powder
    2 tbsp. canola oil
    1 tbs real vanilla
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1/4 cup ricotta cheese
    1/2 cup walnuts crunched in hands

Mix all ingredients except nuts in food processor till very well blended. Fold in the 1/2 the nuts
    Spray a 9x9 glass baking dish with nonstick spray. Pour batter into dish and top with remaining nuts. Bake at 350 for approx 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

These were awesome!!! Definitely banished my sweet craving!

9 servings
  • hey do you have the nutrition info on these???
  • when I put in CK it comes up with 1186 cal 62.5g fat87.8g carbs and 72.7g protein. divide by number of servings.
  • I made this version of the black bean brownies and they are delicious! Much fluffier variety. I used 1/2 c splenda and 3/4 c sugar free chocolate pudding mix. Is that okay to do on PH 1??
  • I made the recipe that was posted here a few weeks ago with all Splenda. I have to say---BARF. Thanks for the variety girls. I loved the texture and the look and knew they just needed some variation!
  • Quote: I made this version of the black bean brownies and they are delicious! Much fluffier variety. I used 1/2 c splenda and 3/4 c sugar free chocolate pudding mix. Is that okay to do on PH 1??
    SF pudding and pudding mixes are not allowed in Phase 1 because of the starches they contain. You may use them once you start Phase 2, though.
  • Could you make these with Agave nectar? If so, how would you substitute? TIA!