Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-02-2006, 04:08 PM   #1  
Shrinking Mom

S/C/G: Goal Weight:127

Height: 5"

Default I am so lost!!

Hello all! My name is Michelle and I used to frequent the South beach diet board.
I fell off the wagon and have been needing to stay on something. I think I may try WW......for the 10th time (really)

I am just lost....Of the 10 pounds that I had to kick and scream and fight to lose on SBD, 3 have stayed gone. In a matter of 3 weeks I totally blew it.

I know alot has to do with the depression I deal with. I was on Zoloft, and now I have started lexapro.

My husband and I are going on a cruise in november and I did not want to be this weight for that.
I had such high hopes for myself!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the whine fest. I knew I could find support here.
my3bibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 02:29 PM   #2  
something witty

Hi my3bibs!

3 lbs down is still 3lbs down! Way to go! It's hard to lose weight when you're depressed so give yourself a hand!

Now before you embark on another diet plan, I think it would be good if you analized what went wrong with this one (and with the other ones you've tried).

A lot of people tend to blame themselves like "I didn't have enough discipline or willpower", or "I ate one wrong thing and blew it all". But that's rarely the case in my opinion. Usually, it's the diet that wasn't suited to them. For example if you like bread/carbs, then a diet like south beach probably isn't for you in the long-term. If you've tried weight watchers for 10 times and it didn't work, maybe it's time to try something else! Or try to approach the program in a different way.

A healthy diet should not depend on well-timed willpower.

... Oops, how did this soap box get under my feet? Best of luck to you and enjoy your cruise!
linki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 03:03 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Michelle

I know you didn't reach the goal you set for yourself but like Linki said, 3 lbs is 3 lbs and shoot, its a loss and not a gain WTG!!!!!

I know it meant alot to you losing more for this vacation.... but let me ask, will you be going on another vacation next year? prob yes right?.... so think of it like this.... this 3 lbs is a great start to where you'll be at this time next year. 1 lb a week loss maybe?.... 2 lb loss a month maybe??? shoot by next year thats 27 lbs counting the 3 you lost.... how wonderful does that sound.

I know its hard but don't let this ruin your vacation, you deserve to go away and have fun.... just keep thinking about the three lbs turning into 4, 5, 6 and so on and by next year WHOOOT!!!

Don't sell yourself so short 3 lbs is AWESOME!!!!!!

Hugs and Kisses to you... and don't forget to post some pictures when you come back .... okay

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote