Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-14-2006, 09:17 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekly Chat - August 14th - 20th

Good Morning Ladies,

Everyone back on track after this wonderful weekend hopefully you never got off track lolol.

Weekend was sooooo nice, loved staying outside and enjoying the sunshine. It feels like fall here in the mornings (kinda depressing because I get SAD). The temps drop in the 50's in the AM and then shoot up to 85 in the PM... I'll take it LOLOL.

How are you?

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 09:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 232 just getting started on it

LEENIE...I am so jealous!! I wish it was like fall here, but in Florida you don't start seeing fall like weather untill late October. I am waiting for those cooler mornings so I can start walking again.

Feeling under the weather here. I woke up with a cold yesterday and I seem to be getting worse. So I am going to sit her and sip my green tea and relax today. Got a new puppy yesterday (great dane) so he is keeping me company today. He's 7 months old and is a horse!! But very sweet!!

Hope you all have a better start to your weekend than me.
not2fat2bpretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 01:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Height: 5'3"

Good day!

*LOOKING FOR CATHY!* *heheh... You said I should come drag you out for exercise!! I'm heading to the gym about 2 pm today.. have an appt at 1:15, so will go after... I'll watch for yer post!!!

I am now on Day 6 of WW. I haven't made it past the first 2 (never mind 3, which is my "marker") in years. I must have been holding a LOT of fluid because I'm down an incredible 8 pounds. Could have been hormone time too... I have no way of knowing because I had a hysterectomy years ago (still have the ovaries tho & dr told me my hormone levels are still up there.. no menopause for a few years yet). What ever the reason is, I probably won't lose a pound for the next month

Last night was a cool night. I was coming home from the city quite late and had to turn on the heat just a wee bit. Then I nailed a skunk trying to cross the highway... oh well, better a stinky skunk than a big deer! Today, I noticed the leaves on one of the trees in our front yard are getting a yellowish hue to them... another reminder that fall is just around the corner... we've been able to sleep with the windows open at night because the night time temps are dropping to about 10C now.

Leenie I get SAD too. If you like I can PM you a commercial website that sells SADelites. I have mine beside the computer and start using it about mid Oct til late March. By December, the sun has set here by 4:40 pm and doesn't rise until about 8:30 am.... That light makes an incredible difference. I used it AND the gym this past winter and had one of the best winters I've ever had.

Ok... must get ready for appt and then off to the gym.. have a wonderful day everyone!
JudoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 04:19 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone,

Good to see so many cheerful faces n2f2bp hope you feel better soon.
Its feeling very fall like here as well, we went down to 3*C (37*F) the other morning. I guess I'll be pulling my light out soon too. I hope my beans ripen before they get hit by frost. The swiss chard is growing beautifully this year and oh so yummy.

I am feeling so overwhelmed at the moment, only four more days until we leave so I'm doing the ostrich head in the sand thing instead of dealing with everything. The fact that my hormones are out of wack isn't helping at all. My poor husband, thank goodness he's out of town, as at the moment everything he says or does, heck, even him just existing irritates the heck out of me!! Oh well, I just have to ride it out and take one moment at a time and I'm sure everything will fall into place.
Anyway I should go and tackle a few of the projects that I can take care of and ignore what I can't.

Take care all,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 07:26 PM   #5  
Divine Gal

Default Ltns!!

Hello ladies.Its been a long time since I have come here and I am not doing so good. I am at 353 lbs and the left side of my heart is enlarged with a tiny murmur.I basically just gave up and decided that I was always going to be heavy and there was nothing I could do to change it.So here I am again down in the dumps and scared to death for my life.Me and Dh are going to start doing the WW again and cutting out our breads and pastas.His doctor and my doctor are really riding our butts.So what do I do? I have no energy and/or motivation to do anything.

*hugs*
lynnie24
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 07:43 PM   #6  

I hope that I can post this!

We're still having major computer problems! I can't do much-can't even get into my Hotmail account. God know how many "enlarge your privates" emails I have there by now!

The good news is that a new Dell is on it's way!

Last edited by Leenie; 08-15-2006 at 08:41 AM. Reason: changed word to privates lololol
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 08:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

good evening gang!

Hey Hey Judomom - that is really sweet of you to come looking for me but I am ASHAMED to say that I had to drag myself out of bed at 6:00 to get to work on time. Don't know how I'm gonna get back to getting up at 5:00 am but I've got to get back to it. I think that tomorrow morning I'm gonna set my alarm for 5:30 and try to get up then. School is starting up around here and the traffic is horrible so I really need the extra time anyway. But please don't give up on me - I've got to get back to walking at 5 am. :carrot Judomom I am so proud of you for exercising today and whooohooo you are down 10 lbs! you go girl!!!!

Hey Leenie - I can't believe y'all are 50 in the am and 85 in the pm. I'm moving in with you girlie! the heat index was 110 here today. The heat down here is absolutely miserable! Thank the Good Lord for a/c!

Hey Tippy - you should have a few emails from me piled up in your email account! let us know as soon as your Dell gets there. We miss you around here!!!

Hey Lynnie - it's so good to see ya again. I wonder often where you are at and how you are doing. So what do you do? I suggest small steps Lynnie. One thing at a time, and slowly your motivation will return - especially if you can stay focused on the fact that it is about your health and your well being - and for your hubby's health. Why don't you come here daily and tell us what you are doing to stay on track. hugs

Hey Buddly - another one with fall weather. man oh man I'm jealous Take a deep breath and count to 10 and then yourself together and get on your way in 4 days. hehe Hope it all comes together in time for you to leave.

Hey 2bpretty - hope you get to feeling better soon! what is your new puppy's name?

I finally have DSL at work. It took 2 work days to get it running right bec my computer needed a part that it didn't have but it's good now. I'm still running like crazy with plenty to do at work but I think I might see a light at the end of the tunnel

Ok all of y'all with "fall like" weather. Enjoy some of it for me please!
hugs & blessings,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 09:47 PM   #8  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey Everybody!

Just wanted to pop in and say Hi and give everybody some and some

I have to go to bed with the rest of the "dayshifters" in the world tonight as I have to get up early for stupid training. *grumble grumble* lol. Ah well there are worse things in life I suppose!

Have a Great Night!
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 08:57 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning,

WOWEE howdy everyone

Lynnie its so good to see you but!! not feeling like this. I am so sorry to hear about your heart.. my stars girlie. I think its teriffic that you are back at WW with your DH, it really makes a difference when the other partner is doing it with you. Don't ever give up, you are so with it. Stick around will yah

Judo, 8 lbs WHOOT, you go girl.. I think WW is a great diet (I hate calling it a diet)... its a great way of life PEEEEEW on the skunk.. now your car's gonna smell for days and days SADalites COOL, yes please let me know the site. I think you can post it here but if you feel more comfy, PM me.

Tippy..... I thought you like those emails about enlarging one's anatomy LOLOL jk. Hope you can get back in and let us know how you are doing. Hugs.

N2F2BP, how are you feeling today? sorry for the cold. COOL beans on the puppy, okay pony LOLOL... what did you name him/her?

Buddly, sorry for the anxious feelings your having but your gonna be just fine when your on your vacation, you'll see. Take lots of pictures when do you return?

Cathy lov, glad your up and running with DSL, it makes a huge difference doesn't it. Exercise has and it seems like it always will be a big problem for me, I can never get into it enough to fall out of it LOL... sad.. I don't know why I fight it so? Its great that you are making an effort to start.. I know you will do it Hang in there.

Sassy have fun at your training what kind of training will you be doing?

Well kiddo's nothing much is new here except its raining like crazy. We haven't had rain in a while so I guess its a good thing LOLOL. TOM came last night so you can imagine how I felt getting up this morning, especially on a rainy day, I just wanted to stay in and lay under the covers........but (possible showers my tookas LOLOL, its pouring out).

How are you chicklets?

Old 08-15-2006, 10:23 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenie View Post
Judo, 8 lbs WHOOT, you go girl.. I think WW is a great diet (I hate calling it a diet)... its a great way of life PEEEEEW on the skunk.. now your car's gonna smell for days and days SADalites COOL, yes please let me know the site. I think you can post it here but if you feel more comfy, PM me.
Morning! I thought commercial sites were a no-no Of course I'll post it here if I can... the more who can benefit from these lights, the better!

http://www.lighttherapyproducts.com/...ern_light.html (This one is based out of Minnesota). Just a word of endorsement (for the cost). I bought mine probably 12 years ago? I have YET to replace the tube lights. They last forever!

Cathy Hope things settle down for you so you can get back in your routine. My holidays are over in another 1 1/2 weeks and I'm really out of routine. I envy you that you've been exercising mornings all along. I just can't get out of bed any sooner than I do... I used to go to the gym after supper, but now that we are empty nesters, I am aiming to go right after work (I figure if I keep saying that it will actually happen) *hahaha

Lynnie... great to see you back *hug... WW and coming here are wonderful steps forward!

Everyone else.. have a wonderful day and rest of the week!
Old 08-15-2006, 10:43 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

good morning gang

Heat index is suppose to get up to 112 today

Judomom - when did y'all become empty nesters? are you enjoying it?

Hey Leenie - so sorry about TOM. I know you are feeling rough this morning. Hope it eases up as the day goes on. We could use some rain around here too.

Hey Sassychick - thanks for the cause I sure can use it!!!!! Hope you were able to get up this morning. Have fun at training

What's the rest of the gang up to today? It's been forever since Cin has posted. Wonder what she's doing? I know Liz is on vacation so I hope they are having a wonderful time. So what about everybody else?

hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:40 PM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Judo, that site is okay (got word from the big boss ). Which one did you get, the desk one looks great !! $199.99 isn't to bad, I've seen them for alot more money. Thanks for the help.

Cathy, I've been thinking about Cin too, hope she'll pop in soon. Oh ick on the 112 weather, yuck, is it humid too? thats the worst.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:55 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenie View Post
Judo, that site is okay (got word from the big boss ). Which one did you get, the desk one looks great !! $199.99 isn't to bad, I've seen them for alot more money. Thanks for the help.
Great!

I have the Sad-e-lite, also $199. I can't see one on the site, but I'm thinking about buying a travel one as I am away a lot (overnights) with my job, particularly in winter.

Speaking of which... I'm off and away now til late tomorrow night.

buh-bye for now!
Old 08-15-2006, 10:19 PM   #14  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Hello Ladies!

Hello Ladies.

Training is over with! I'm so happy! I had to go in for Harrassment and Diversity Training. I was "supposed" to have had it when I first started um 8 months ago, but I think I "fell" through the cracks and just never had it. So now its all over and done with!

People are completely nutso at lunchtime during the day! (training ended right around lunchtime) I do not miss working dayshift at all! I like working nights, thank you very much! No traffic, no waiting and waiting in line for anything, no hustle and bustle and the greatest thing -- GREAT PARKING! lol.

Today was totally nutso. Trying to turn was about impossible......Then this one person pulled over like they were going to park???? But they didn't, they did an illegal u-turn RIGHT in front of me! I thought they were parking, luckily I wasn't going very fast other wise they would have had a Dodge Ram "rammed" into them.............

Anyways I was so glad to get home! lol.

Have a Great Night!!!!!!!
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 01:20 AM   #15  

Hi everyone! Posting from holidays!

Hot and lovely here....about 80 degrees F...nice to be on holidays with not a worry in the world!

Hugs everyone!

xoLiz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote