Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-08-2006, 05:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 127/110/105

Height: 5'3''

Exclamation What am I doing wrong?

In early June, I weighed about 5'3 and 127 pounds. At the time, I was fine with my weight, but then, I started to look around my school, noticing how all the girls were so skinny (like 100 pounds!) and I, was probaly the only person 127 pound, size 7.
I decided the only way I would be happy was to lose weight. So, I thought, I will make up my own diet: Eat 1000 calories a day or LESS, excersize a bit, and only intake less than 30 grams of fat, less than 130 carbs, and protein didnt matter.
In about 2 weeks, I lost about 10 pounds. I was so happy! Then, I got bad critique from my friends. They said I was becoming anorexic, and they said I wasn't looking so good. I snapped at them always, telling them I was fine.

Now, Its early August, and they still do this. But, now being 110 pounds, I feel like my stomach is sticking out more, and I feel heavier than when I was 117 pounds. My mom is making me see a doctor soon, and I'm afraid of what the doctor might do, because I want to keep losing weight fast, and I dont want to gain ANY at all..

I need help. But.. what is wrong with me?
Audball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 06:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Eating less than 1200 calories a day is starving yourself, although limiting the fat intake to 30 grams is probably healthy. You should eat more calories so you get enough nutrition and enough vitamins through your food. Eat more vegetables and fruit. Although it will increase your carbs, they are good, unrefined carbs and fresh fruit and vegetables are really good for you.
You might also look around on the web for healthy weight ranges for your height. If you think your stomach is sticking out, it's either in your head or you need to do situps. Don't limit your food any further--you could ruin your health.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 06:09 PM   #3  

have you checked out this week's postsecret.com ?

just be careful, please
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 06:39 PM   #4  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

at 5'3 127 is in the ideal weight range. 110 is still in the ideal range but on the very low side of it. YOur goal weight of 105 is actually below ideal weight. You also need to take into account your bone structure and your build. I too am 5'3 and in high school i weighed in at anywhere from 115 to 130. my size ranged from a size 8 to a size 12. The "thinner girls" probably have a different build than you and that's why they look so much thinner, or at least you think they look thinner. Your friends are concerned about you because they care. I'm sorry to say but you sound like you are developing some very unhealthy body and diet concepts and it sounds like you have an unhealthy self image. A size 7 is a small size. I think you do need to see that doctor. They can sit down with you and go over the charts for ideal body weight for your height and size. THey can also give you guidance in the area of a proper "diet" for your age and activity level. YOu do not want to end up in a hospital with tubes stuck in your body because you become malnouished. As to what is wrong with you well.... I'm not a medical professional but when you take your calories too low your body goes into starvation mode as a protectant. It holds onto every little calorie and every bit of fat because it's not getting enough fuel. Also have you ever given any thought to those starving children infomercials? Those children all have bloated belliesand it's certainly not from being overweight...It's from being malnouished.
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote