Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-04-2006, 11:40 PM   #1  
I want to loose it all!

S/C/G: 265/230/145

Angry Doing great....and then CRASH

I am really hating myself right now....In the past 24 hours, I have done nothing but emotionally eat....6 pepperoni lean pockets, and 1/2 a box of oatmeal cream pies. I know exactly what set it off too....My school work, relationship stress, and the most important one...TEMPTATION!!!! (I was making cookies for my boyfriend, and the cookie dough gradually found its way to my mouth......DAMN IT!!!! ) Before this came about, I was doing an excellent job of drinking water or my crystal light, no soda, and watching my portions very carefully. I even cleaned the junk food out of the cabinets, and replaced them with fruits, light yogurt, and a box of wieght watchers cakes!!! Now that I threw myself off the wagon, I need help getting back on...Is there anyone out there who has done this? How did you recover and get back on?
Cholie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 12:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 293/256/140

Height: 5'10

Don’t beat your self up over a one day, I think this happens to everyone I know I’ve done it before. I look at it like it took me twenty two years to get to my current weight and it’s going to take time for it to come off. If I eat something and feel really guilty about I will just workout a little and tomorrow you can start over again. What I find helps to is every week or two have something you really love and don’t worry about it. Congrats on the thirty pounds lost so far!
schwally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 12:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

DON'T let it set you back. That kind of thinking gets you off the wagon. So you had a day. I laugh a little when I see you ate LEAN hot pockets as one of your binges. Besides the many things you mentioned, sometimes we get tired of saying "can't" so much that when we are tempted, we go overboard.

My new motto (besides the one in my avatar) is "It's not about saying "No" all the time, it is about NOT saying "Yes" all the time. Moderation is key. Today was not a moderate day but maybe you needed it for the moment. Tomorrow don't weigh. Pick up with a new plan.

Definatley add fun to your foods when you can so you will be LESS tempted (though that will never completely go away). Wanna hear my fun food adaptation pick for the week? Take 2 graham crackers and put cool whip between it then freeze it. You have a fake ice cream sandwhich. Fun! Who says everything to touch my lips had to be fruits and veggies and protein. That will never work long term if it is all about restricting myself.

Having said all that, I went OVERBOARD on bowling alley fries today. They were the thick kind (and not the thin fast food kind) and we bought a bucket. I ate the most of out of it. Not just a few but A LOT. I picked myself up and made my next meal a better one. My goal is not to exclude the fries, but to get to the point where it is a habit to be moderate about things. Tmw, if you are doing better...list it here. Accountability in time of stress helps me stay focused.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 12:44 AM   #4  
searching 4 the real me

Don't beat yourself up over this. This happens to alot of us, including myself. Try to stay strong and remember tomorrow's another day. Just jump back on the saddle and keep going. Congratulations on the 30 pounds that you have loss so far!!!
ssgtswife33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 12:48 AM   #5  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I agree, don't beat yourself up over it. Start fresh again with renewed determination. One day won't put that 30 lbs. back on that you lost. I had a similar experience once that I still remember. I went to a buffet with my DD. I ate baked chicken, brocolli and salad. She got up to get dessert and then so did I. I wanted the German Chocolate Cake, so I thought I'll let myself have a piece. Then I ate cherry pie, and 2 chocolate chip cookies too. I just was so hungry for sweets that I had no control. Oh and a piece of fudge, too. I got sick from the sweets and felt so guilty. I jumped back on the program the next day and never looked back. Even with days like this , we can overcome and win this battle. Good luck and keep your chin up, one day isn't the end of the world.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 09:39 AM   #6  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

we are always going to lean towards food. Get up brush yourself off and start anew today. Don't look back, always look ahead.
Remember you are worth the effort!
purplepansy912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 11:10 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cholie
Is there anyone out there who has done this? How did you recover and get back on?
More likely is there anyone out here who has NOT done this? Don't beat yourself up over it; just climb back up here on the wagon with us. There is plenty of room.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 11:18 AM   #8  
I want to loose it all!

S/C/G: 265/230/145

Thank you for the encouragement...
Cholie is offline   Reply With Quote