Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-03-2006, 07:35 AM   #16  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

hi smurf!

dad's surgery went ok... thank goodness... now I just have to heal my back...!
hope all is well with everyone.
purplepansy912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 09:32 AM   #17  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning

Smurf its good to have you here. I'm sorry those folks hurt you.. some people just never learn. Chin up sweetie... no one can get you up and out but you, don't let some one else decide your fate.. you can do it !!!!

Purple I'm so glad your dad's surgery went well... Hope your back feel's better.

Trish glad your legs are feeling better and enjoy planning your sweet DD's 2nd birthday.

Cathy, the heat index was 113 or something like that yesterday... they originally said 120 but the weather channel says different. still its hot. Lots of places losing electricity.

Well nothing happening here today... got a gyno appt today and some other stuff but thats about it.

How are you all doing ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 12:29 PM   #18  

Hi everyone
I have not been well for several days.....I have so much abdominal pain going through to my upper and lower back...I am not sleeping and living on ginger ale and toast. I am also nauseated. I can't get in to my doctor. I may get in with another doctor who works in the same office as mine.
I actually think I will go to the ER after I drop off my dd8 at camp at 1 pm.
I hate being sick. I just have not been taking care of myself and now I am paying for it.

Hope you are all well.

L
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 03:24 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi all not much going on today. I just witnessed something that I did not even think was possible. Social lap swimming. I went to swim laps this morning and there were 3 ladies there that were actually talking and swimming at the same time. This irritated me a bit, but I really wanted to ask them a) how they were doing that? and b) if they really thought it was doing any good? Sorry for my rant it was just weird and interesting. That is all for today and my gripe and whatever. I hope all have a great day and I will chat with you later.
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 03:31 AM   #20  

Hehe - did those swimming ladies all have their hair piled up and their earrings still in? It amazes me how they never seem to get their heads wet!

And 3 abreast is cheeky, especially at gossip-speed!
smurf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 09:28 AM   #21  
Moderator & Happy Chick

TGIF !!

LIZ ?????????????????????????????? How are you feeling girl? now you got me worried.

Trish vent all you like *giggle* I'd be laughing too watching that.

Smurf I never go under water b/c I hate getting water in my ears and I wear contacts... hate to lose them and if I take them out... I can't see.. ever swim with glasses on??? its murder LOLOL... but!!! my hair always gets wet.

Well nothing much is new today... got a busy weekend ahead with cleaning, swimming and visiting friends.

How bout you all ?
Old 08-04-2006, 12:02 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 170/155/125

Happy Friday Morning to ya'll!

I had an awesome visit with my friend and her parents yesterday. They are amazing. Last May, her brother commited suicide, then 2 weeks later her sister died in a car accident. If it were me in their shoes, I would still be in bed not even wanting to breathe, but they are so strong! It was so inspiring seeing how much love they have for life, now. And if they can overcome that kind of hardship, I surely should be able to overcome mine (and my hardships truly pale in comparison!) I really need to take lessons from them!

Leenie- You are more than welcome to come clean my house, too. It's in shambles right now.

Welcome Smurf!

Liz- How are you feeling? I wish you a speedy recovery!

purple- So glad your dad's surgery went well!

Trish- Swim and talk at that same time? I can barely stay afloat, forget about socializing! How DID they do that?

Well, I hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm just gonna try my hardest not to cheat. Hot August Nights is still going strong and every concert and event we go to seems to sell funnel cakes. What's wrong with a nice fruit bowl? My goal this month is 8 lbs. Not on a very good start so far!

Take care!!!
4boys4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 01:26 PM   #23  

I have only gotten worse since my last post.......I have been out of commission for a week......who has time for that?

I have lost 7 lbs.........but not worth it on any level.....and not the type of weight that stays off.

I don't know if I have an ulcer or worse.........or is it just the stomach flu......I have never been this sick before.......I am hoping I start improving.

I am supposed to be working all weekend in the ER....had to cancel a shift today.....will have to see.

4boys it is true how much we can learn from others strength......and it really puts our problems in perspective.

Leens have fun in the pool.....man my house looks like a bomb hit it.......I honestly wouldn't open my front door for anyone today.

Hey smurf what are you doing your thesis on...good for you!

Trish good for you doing lane swim.

Purple pansy how is your back, your dad ok?

cathy how are you....I miss you!

HI everyone else........back later

L
Old 08-05-2006, 09:14 AM   #24  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning,

Liz, girl get your arse to the doctor... don't wait any longer please we love you to much.

4b4m, what a wonderful story about your friends strength to deal with their hardships. That must have been just awful to lose 2 kids w/in that close of a time period, my gosh and in those ways... my heart breaks for all of them. It really shows you that the petty things we fight or worry about in life really mean nothing when you compair it to something like that. Tuesday I'm cracking down and starting to count calories again...its so easy to let it slip by. Wanna challenge each other (really support) to lose at least 5 lbs by the end of august? we can do it !!!

Well today I have my niece Jess sleeping here and we will prob play in the pool, cook a burger and just relax. Tomorrow is a friends party and thats about it for the weekend.

How about you ?

Old 08-05-2006, 11:44 AM   #25  

I have improved a little....yesterday was the first day with no abd pain.
I am going to try some housework today and work this evening in the er. If I get sick I will be forced to get help as I will already be at the er.

Hugs everyone

Liz
Old 08-05-2006, 01:52 PM   #26  

Hey Leenie! I have tried to swim in glasses and it's a nightmare - you're so right! I was just amazed at the way these women seem to have water-repellant heads! I seem to end up soaked immediately.

Oh yes - my thesis in on archeology - working on a neolithic site in Jordan. But I've been sitting writing for 2 yrs now, all the cool travel is done! Well, ok, I've been sitting writing AND eating chocolate for two years...lalala!

Big hugs to everyone! You're all looking so pretty!
smurf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 03:10 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

oh Smurf I am soooo jealous. I always wanted to be an archeologist. That was one of my two main dreams growing up. It was either that or an astronaut. Needless to say life got in the way. I still soak up everything I can on archeology. Watch all the documentaries, read a ton of the books, go to lots of museums. I realize it is not all glamour, but still. How cool is that. And I agree about the water repelent hair, I just don't understand and am still laughing over it. I am glad that all of you saw the same humor in the situation that I saw.

Liz please do get feeling better, I am praying for you.

4b4m I too have a friend that amazes me with the hardships that she goes through and I feel so blessed in my life at times. I feel that I have no where to complain when I look at her life, so I do know where you are coming from and the inspiration that you get off people like that.

Leenie can I join the challenge too? I am in. Good luck with the neice and the party.

I have a pretty boring weekend ahead. My DH is at work as we speak and works until 11:00 then tomorrow is the only day he has off between now and when his parents get here, so I have lots of honey do's for him. So the weekend is pretty shot. Well I will chat with you all tomorrow.

Trish
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 05:46 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

good afternoon gang

Liz - how are you feeling this afternoon? do you still have your gallbladder? could it possibly be that? I am so sorry you are having problems and feel bad. I sure hope and pray y'all figure out the problems! hugs!

Leenie - enjoy your day!

Hey smurf & trish! how's your day?

I've been really busy. We moved everything back into our office yesterday so it was a long day! They still have lots to do like putting a last coat of sealer on the wood, hanging all the doors, the plumbing (toilets & sinks) and changing out all the electrical outlets and putting on the covers so we really can't put anything where it goes bec it would cover something up that needs doing. So right now I don't even know where a pencil is at, much less any of my work but oh well

Today dh and I went to Sam's to stock up as we are out of everything. Tomorrow is sunday school and church and then we may go to my office for the afternoon to try to get some of my desk unpacked.

Sooner or later I'm gonna get back to normal.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 08:05 AM   #29  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning

It looks beautiful out today what a lovely day.

5 lb challenge for the month of August..... anyone wanna join in is welcomed.

Trish of course you can join in... the more the merrier right

Smurf that does sound exciting...... good going

Liz..... your appendix? appendicitus? sp? When I had it boy was I sick to my stomach, this went on every couple of months until it burst. BE CAREFUL!! and please get checked out.

Cathy or is that miss busy bee... hope things settle down soon for yah.

Just a party today at 2 pm but the rest of the day is mine ... okay I lied.... after I go to toys r us for a present and then I have to get us ready for the party, drive 40 minutes there and THEN once I'm home the rest of the day is mine LOLOLOL oy.

Have a great day all !!

Old 08-06-2006, 12:37 PM   #30  

Hey everyone

got lots done yesterday as a family....main level is in tip top form....work was ok too, until about the last couple hours....was ok once I got home though.

No lost my gallbladder the last time I lost all my weight and this was worse than any gallbladder pain I had....wasn't in the right spot for my appendix either Leens though believe me.....I thought about it.

Thanks for caring!

I think it is my reflux/an ulcer/gastritis.....and with taking my meds regular, a bland diet,,,,including no more coffee, choc or alcohol I will be ok.

I had some fruit and veggies on my coffee break last night and that was what triggered my problems until I got home to the BR....have to stick to rice krispies, arrowroots, toast, bannanas etc....carb city but I don't care.

I am in for the 5lb challenge....though I am losing weight that may not be permanent so we shall see....I will go from today's weight.

Hugs everyone!

Cathy it is just one hurdle after another for you....good luck with the office.

L