Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-12-2006, 07:24 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Friday Chat - May 12th

Good Morning,

Hope your all having a lovely morning

Watcha got planned for the weekend? Well for me besides Mother's Day and visiting MIL and my Mom, I'll be cleaning and cooking and doing all the usual stuff the weekend brings LOL.

How's everyone doing on their plan? I'm getting better but the exercise word dosn't even exist (can't let that stop me though).

Have a great Friday
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 07:28 AM   #2  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Mornin' Leenie I'm just stopping in really quick. I'm on my way to get my measurements done by my trainer sooo, I guess I'll see how I've been doing. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang

guess we were all too busy to start a thread yesterday by the time I finally checked in it was almost Friday so I figured .... well that I would just wait til today.

how's everybody doing?

We have lots planned for the weekend. Have a college graduation to go to tomorrow and then a bbq for my nephew in law. Sunday is Mother's Day and we are busy recognizing our 12th graders that are graduating. We are doing stuff during the church service and then a slide show and fellowship for them after the evening service. It'll busy like usual.

Gotta get payroll done before I have people gathered around my desk.

Hope everyone has a blessed day.
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 10:48 AM   #4  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Hey Leenie, timmyshawn, and cathy!

Not really any plans for Mother's day, at least right now that I know of! It's been a busy week already...my Mom's B-day was the 9th, my parents anniversary was the 11th, and my sisters anniversary was the 8th! I'm exhausted!

I'm so happy, I finally got some much needed cleaning done around here yesterday!!! I still have to tackle the bedroom which I'm dreading majorly! But it is looking livable now, instead of tornado central!

As for my "plan"...I'm not doing so good, and getting rather frustrated. I've not lost any weight since March! I've upped my calories, my exercise, and still nothing! I'm not sure what else to do!
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 11:14 AM   #5  
Dream Big

OK well I'm back from the gym. The little snot wouldn't give me my numbers! If he wasn't so darn hot I'd probably be very upset! LOL Anyway he said he'd think about calling me and telling me later, and before I left I made him promise so I guess I'll know later. Man ya'll I really want to be mad about it but he has this smile that is so sexy and adorable at the same time that I couldn't get mad cause he kept smiling. God he frustrates me! Listen to me go on. You'd think I didn't have a DH, but I do, and I love him very much, there's just something about this guy...he get's under my skin. I am happy when I'm around him. I actually found myself laughing today and joking around and forgetting the negative way I've been feeling. He makes me feel good..he makes me feel like I want to succeed with the weight loss and body transformation and that I can succeed. He makes me want to push it to the limit and then keep going. When I'm around him I feel...I don't know...different than I normaly do. It's so weird. I mean when I'm with DH I feel so loved and safe and comfortable, but with Jonathan I feel young and happy and full of energy...and dare I say attractive. Someone please kick me in the head so my brains will go back in place cause I gotta be out of my mind to let another man make me feel any way.

Leenie- Have fun visiting MIL, and you're not allowed to clean or cook on Mother's Day. It's a rule in the great big book of life.

Cathy- Just reading how much you do makes me tired! Have fun this weekend with all the events!

Amanda- I'm there with ya on the frustration. The only movement on the scale I've seen lately has been water weight fluctuations! Hang in the honey, it'll happen. WtG on the cleaning. You wanna come to my house next, lol.

Well all I'm off. Gotta make lunch for the kids and get some laundry done. TTYL
Old 05-12-2006, 01:20 PM   #6  
Dream Big

ok here's the verdict... I have been weighed, measured, and found wanting (sorry it's a line from a movie that I love). My waist to hip ratio has reduced from 0.843 to 0.8, my shoulders have went from 52 to 50 1/2, my chest has went from 42.5 to 41. My thigh, calf, bicep, and forearm have stayed the same, and my neck went from 14.5 to 15.75 (i don't understand that one). My body fat percentage has stayed the same at 35.7% and I've gained 2 lbs. So all and all it's not really good. It's time for me to work harder. Now I just have to figure out how to work harder when I'm going to be post-op and going through 6-8 months of rehab. Time to do a little web surfing on exercises for the handicapped so that I can come up with some stuff to do from the wheelchair and time to start keeping a food journal again. I WILL DO THIS, NO MATTER WHAT!! Any suggestions are welcome, now I'm off to update my tracker <sigh>. TTYL
Old 05-12-2006, 02:51 PM   #7  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Heather, I LOVE That quote, and the movie it's from! Hehe! I got weighed today at the dieticians, and lost 1 Lb in over 2 months! How sad is that! I gotta kick my butt in gear!!! I've kind of slacked off alot lately, so I guess it's my own fault. Hang in there girl...WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 08:49 PM   #8  
Hot Mama

Uck. I ate so much today, and I feel SO sick. I know better than to buy my trigger foods, but I did it anyway. However, they are all gone now. So tomorrow should be better.

I know I'm just nervous about hubby coming home, but eating is NOT going to help.

Blech.
Marciet is offline   Reply With Quote