Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-28-2006, 06:52 PM   #1  

Question What Can I Do?????

Hey Everyone. Well I am new to this. I am 23 years old and seriously overweight. I just recently came to the conclusion that my weight is causing me to be very unhappy. I hate not being able to go into just any clothing store and buy whatever clothes I want. I also had to go from a full-time position at work to a part-time position. This is because my ankle are hurting so bad after 5 hours, that I can barely move around. I am so upset at this point in my life. I can not get motivated to excercise or even to stay on a simple diet. Does anyone have any suggestions????
Babiegurl_2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 07:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 283/270/165

slow down....make small steps...only change on thing at a time..pick a plan that you can do for life....ask yourself everday if you can do this just today...don't look to far ahead...just today...can I walk today...can I eat smaller portions today...read all you can here...get a support system...talking to someone going through the same thing is very very helpful...I lost 74 pounds the 1st time around...smaller portions and exercise and then I let a divorce, a move and a job change get the better of me and now I have 112 pounds to lose
alextucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 08:47 PM   #3  
Pinkroses

I agree slow down. Sart excersing. little by little.I am 51 and am overweight too. and I am a Diabtectic . I have a lot of health problems.
I have lost just about 50 lbs. in 2 years. that is pretty good for me. It is hard for me to lose weight.
Don't get discouraged. Come here and post and if you fall back on your dite or excersing . Pick up and start again. You don't know how many times I have done this Tee Hee.
I just joined this site and it is very informative, friendly and they care about you. So, let us know when you are feeling down and we will try to lift up your Spirits. It helps to have friends. I find computer friends do care.
So, continue to come here. Good luck , we are all mostly in the same boat. so to speak. We all have something in common. Weight issues. PINKROSES
pinkroses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 01:56 AM   #4  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi ya!
I am dealing with the same thing. I feel like my quality of life has seriously gone down hill and it really bugs me. I have battled with my weight most of my life but this is the worst and the first time it has affected my life. I am a diabetic, type II, non insulin dependent. I am on medication and diet, which is extremely difficult for me.
I am beginning by joining here, finding support, have a drs appt. to discuss my weightloss plans and also hub and I are going to join a fitness club together.
I wish you luck!
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 08:06 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Well girl, coming here is definitly a start. Seeing your doctor is #1, finding a plan, maybe even adding small amounts of exercise to your daily activity, meaning parking farther away or using stairs is a start. I agree with the other Chicks here, small steps. Once you see the weight coming off, it will definitly lift your spirits. Just remember our life time of habbits are not going to change over night, it takes time. Mostly, your among friends here who are struggling and believe it or not, feel the same way you do.

So new chicklet, what sort of plan would you think you could stick to? would Weight Watchers be something of interest, Low Carb...because you know this site is chocked full of information and support on any plan you choose.

Looking forward to seeing you more

Hugs and kisses...
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 07:29 PM   #6  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hello and Thanks for the Welcome! I am very happy to have found this site! I am currently researching plans, I read Dr. Phil's book, it didn't exactly "knock me over". I am currently looking into "Life without Bread" by: Written by Christian Allan, Ph.D., and Wolfgang Lutz, M.D. I searched for the book today at the half priced book store, with no luck. Anybody here read the book or done the plan and had success? I have heard good things about WW too, but just still unsure. I also saw a book today about the Diabetic Type II Diet? But the book was expensive for being "used" so I didn't buy it. I basically need something rather easy, since we work 3rd shift, my life is a bit different than other people and makes it difficult sometimes. So anything easy and convienient would be a blessing. Exercise is another hard area, but we are looking into joining a 24 hr. fitness club.
Thanks again!!!!!!!
Fatt_Lady
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 01:30 PM   #7  

Hey all! Thanks for the suggestions. I have cleared out my cabinets and the fridge, and tomorrow I'm going grocery shopping for healthy food. Since I first made this thread, I have stopped drinking soda pop. It is hard but I'm hangin in there. Now I just need to try to get enough motivation to start excercising. Know any good work out tapes for beginners????
Babiegurl_2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 02:55 PM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hey Babie, congratulations on making these changes, and giving up soda

I'm the biggest exercise offender on the planet, but I would suggest going to the exercise forum here and asking the question about beginning exercise. I have no doubt those chicks can help you.

Remember, if the exercise doesn't come right away, still hang in there with the diet part because every little bit counts.

GOOD FOR YOU !!!! WHOOHOO !
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:26 AM   #9  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babiegurl_2001
Hey all! Thanks for the suggestions. I have cleared out my cabinets and the fridge, and tomorrow I'm going grocery shopping for healthy food. Since I first made this thread, I have stopped drinking soda pop. It is hard but I'm hangin in there. Now I just need to try to get enough motivation to start excercising. Know any good work out tapes for beginners????

You'll see quite a change from giving up the soda. I just recently gave up soda and I've lost some weight due to that. I'm also a Pringles eater big time and I gave those up as well. It's almost like going into withdrawal sometimes for the foods you give up...they fill up your mind. It's awful that food can become that consuming.

Walk Aerobics tapes by Leslie Sansone are very good to use and the tapes will ease you into aerobics and then build up in miles as you get better.

Good luck to you!!!

Cyl
Cyl53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:28 AM   #10  

I love your Captain Peacock and Mr. Humphreys picture. "Are You Being Served?" is one of my favorite shows.

Cyl
Cyl53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 12:17 AM   #11  

Welcome.........keep posting! Looking forward to your future successes!

L
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 07:37 AM   #12  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

I'm another one who's all for the Walk Away the Pounds series by Leslie Sansone. I have weak ankles and bad knees and I can still do them. I recently completely tore out my ACL and cartilage in my knee and I can still make it through the 1 mile tape (most days ). I found that I really enjoyed the comfort of doing it in my home before going to the gym because that way if I needed to stop or could only do half of the routine I didn't feel bad about wasting money for a membership or feel weird about moving or not moving my body in front of people. After about a month on the tape I was able to join a gym and cardio wasn't as hard and I already had built up alot of muscle in my legs. Good Luck to you!
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote