Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-22-2006, 03:44 AM   #1  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

Default Oh My God

I have lost almost 30lbs. I look in the mirror in the morning, and think s**t I cant go to work! I really still dont like the way I am looking, I have big love handles and my legs are really chunky - however they dont seem to want to go.

Somenights I can cry myself to sleep about it, when Im around heavier people than me I feel more comfortable. I feel when I get to my target weight, providing I have thinner legs, I will feel more confident within myself.

I feel that my weight is holding me back from doing lots of things, and I am fed up of that and the way people respond to me.

I was supposed to meet someone I hardly know the other night, and I made the excuse that I already had plans so I cudnt - how could I expect anyone to get close to me when I dont like myself! Not only did I really want to see him, I upset him too - he went home with a broken heart!

See my weight loss will make other people happy to, not just myself! God, I hate being fat!
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 08:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/187/150

Height: 5'7

grats with the 30 pounds lost. With the chunky legs part and the big love handles, just do some toning excersises and itll fix that problem over time.
almost litelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 09:07 AM   #3  

Your post sounds like this is more of a self esteem problem than a weight problem! If you don't like yourself, no weight loss is going to cure that. You are judging yourself as a person totally on your appearance and that's very sad. Perhaps you might consider some counseling combined with continuing your weight loss.

Just this week, I was chatting with a man about beautiful women and personality and intelligence. I have known some drop-dead beautiful women who never felt the need to develop any people skills. That's great until they hit their 40's and everything starts going south. Suddenly these women have no inner resouces to carry them through life and they hit the plastic surgery merry-go-round-only to discover that they haven't gained anything.

Beauty is only skin deep-it's what is in your heart that matters whether you are thin or chubby!
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 04:54 PM   #4  
Pinkroses

I agree with Tippy, beauty is only skin deep. I have the weight problem thing too. I am excerising and doing what I can. I have a problem too with meeting people and being around them. So, I know what you are going through. Good luck to you. Pinkroses.
pinkroses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 04:57 PM   #5  

Look at the positives you are getting lighter all the time soon you'll be able to do the things you want. Does sound like a self esteem thing too though, you'll never be happy unless you can accept yourself no matter what your weight is. Learn to love yourself think of your good points.
impossible princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 08:02 PM   #6  
I like jewelry.

Height: 5'7"

Hey, you've done a good job so far.

And that man wouldn't have wanted to spend time with you if he wasn't interested.

Yes, you will gain confidence as you lose weight. In the meantime, celebrate all your little successes.
TBJ333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 09:32 PM   #7  
BLB

S/C/G: 192/192/132

Good job on the weight you have lost. With the dating thing-- i understand. Im 17 and ive definetly had boyfriends, but i cant hold on to anyone because i push them all away. I just figure, why would they want to have anything to do with me. At 5'7 and 17? pounds, i have just come to the conclusion, that no one will ever like me, nor will i ever like myself until this weight comes off. High school has been a real struggle, especially having no confidence. People say if you aren't happy fat, than you wont be happy thin, - but im not buying it. All i can ever think about is my weight- its such a distraction. Ive really suffered from depression because of this, and it affects EVERY part of my life in tremendous ways. I would love to loose 30 pounds, Be proud of the weight you have lost. Sorry for going on and ON i just needed to vent.

Good luck, and keep on going,

brittany
BLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:09 AM   #8  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

I've read that people who have had weight loss surgery and lost hundreds of pounds still see themselves as that weight.
We never give ourself credit. Relax you lost alot of weight. !!! Start an exercise program and keep up what you are doing..!
purplepansy912 is offline   Reply With Quote