Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 02-19-2006, 11:17 PM   #1  

Default WATP 5 mile video

Hey MMarie,

Is that you with the 5 mile WATP video? Where did you order it from? I have searched for it on Amazon but I can't find it. Any help out there?

Thanks,

Sandy
flagmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 11:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 272.5/266.5/135

Height: 5'6"

http://www.lesliesansone.com/store/product23.html

Here is a link I found for the 5 mile watp. If you get it let me know how it is.

Misty
mommieof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 09:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

hey gang - it's me - I was the one talking about the 5 mile video.

The link Misty gave you is right - you have to order it from Leslie's website.
I subscribe to her newsletter and got an email with a $5 off discount so that helped a little with the cost of shipping.

It's really new, but I would think eventually you will be able to buy it at walmart and target and amazon.com - but I couldn't wait

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE DVD!!!!!

If you do all 5 miles the first one is a 15 minute mile with handweights,
then a 10 minute mile,
then a 15 minute mile with the walk belt
then a 12 minute mile,
and then a 15 minute mile with stretchy bands.

Or you can choose to do a 3 mile set 3 different ways:
with the first mile being the 12 minute mile
then the 10 minute mile
and then the 3rd mile is a 15 minute mile with either handweights, stretchy bands or the walk belt.
It is set for those 3 choices.

Also, you can choose to do each of these the regular way with Leslie talking and music in the backgroud, or you can choose to have "music only" and then you can't hear Leslie. Personally, I like hearing Leslie's chatty voice and encourgagement.

What I have been doing in the mornings before work is doing a 10 minute mile, a 12 minute mile and then another 10 minute mile - that way I get 3 miles done in 32 minutes - wooohoooooo.

It took almost 2 weeks for me to receive the dvd in the mail after I ordered it.

Let me know what ya think of it.
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 12:50 PM   #4  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Cathy, do you know that the abs belt is and does? I'm just wondering if I should order it along with the DVD? Thanks so much for the info. I like the idea of getting 3 miles in during the time I'm doing 2 on the DVD I have.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 02:09 PM   #5  

Hey MMare - I don't have the ab belt but it wraps around your waist and then there are like stretchy bands coming off of it - I think the theory is that you have tighten your abs against the pressure of the stretchy bands when you are using them and so you are suppose to get a better ab workout.

Of course, if you can afford the ab belt I guess it would be nice to work some different muscles or work the abs harder, but I just use my handweights in the say way that she is doing the motions with the ab belt.

I really like getting 3 miles done in 32 or 34 minutes also - WAY COOL - and a good workout.

let me know if you get it.
hugs,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 02-20-2006 at 02:22 PM.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:44 PM   #6  
Lifelong Journey Member

So you can program it to the miles that you want to walk? I think I'm going to order it. What I don't like about my 2 mile WATP is that for the last .5 mile, she goes ridiculously slow. I almost flal over. plop...

Do you think the ab belt would actually work or is i a gimmick? I'm just not sure whether to order it. Hmmm....

Thanks for the info Cathy!
Marie
Old 02-22-2006, 10:18 PM   #7  

I just don't know about the ab belt Marie. If I had the extra money to blow I would probably have it - I just figure I can do the exact same motions with regular handweights. I've never heard any "fabulous" feedback on the ab belt so handweights work for me.

Yes you can pick the whole 5 miles
and then you have 3 choices of 3 miles

or you can do like I do and pick and choose what you want to do - I like picking the 10 minute mile and 12 minute mile and then do one of those again - I love getting in 3 miles in 32 or 34 minutes

and then with everything you choose you can listen to it like regular with the music in the background and her talking or you can choose "music only" and you can't hear her.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:38 PM   #8  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi Cathy! I got my 5 mile exercise DVD today. Five days from ordering it. I was pretty surprised since yours took two weeks. Maybe they were on backorder when you ordered yours??? Anyway, I did the last in the list 3 miler. Oh, I liked it better. Much beter workout since it was brisk. I felt like I was doing a little work. So thanks!!! I think it was a great purchase.
Marie
Old 03-10-2006, 10:19 PM   #9  
Coop class of '82

Collage Video also has Leslie's 5 miler and you can get a stretchie band and toning belt there too (free shipping on those items!).

Last edited by KimmyKat63; 03-10-2006 at 10:30 PM.
KimmyKat63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 12:48 PM   #10  

Hey Kim - that's great. They didn't have it the when it first came out but I figured they would eventually have it. I just couldn't wait and ordered it straight from Leslie ;-)

MMarie - that is awesome that you got the dvd so quick! which mile did you do? the 3rd mile with the handweights???? just wait til you try the 2 fast walking miles together - they are awesome and it is so good to get 2 miles in that quickly.

hugs,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 03-20-2006 at 10:59 AM.
Old 03-11-2006, 04:30 PM   #11  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi Cathy, I did the 3 miler with the hand weights today. Yesterday I did the 3 miler with the stretch band. I like the 2 fast miles and want the 3rd on to be as fast but I'm just impatient. It is so much better of a workout than the 2 miler I had been doing.
Marie
Old 03-11-2006, 05:52 PM   #12  

I know Marie, the 3rd miles seems slow after those 2 fast miles. One thing I do is use the handweights the whole time. That seems to help keep the intensity up as she doesn't use them a whole lot in that third mile. I've also been known (a couple of times) after the first 2 fast miles, to go back and do another one of the fast miles and get my 3 miles done in 32 or 34 minutes. I love this dvd!
have fun
hugs,
Cathy
Old 03-18-2006, 07:28 PM   #13  
Lifelong Journey Member

Cathy, I've used the DVD 9 times since last Friday. I really like it. I feel like I'm getting a workout. So again, thanks for the recommendation.

I thought of you today when I started. I decided to try the music only. Holy smokes, it was awful. You could see Leslie chatting and the music is horrible. So I stopped it and started over after about a minutes. Yikes, it was really bad. So I'll join you and say I like Leslie's chattiness.

BTW, I'm up to 129 miles since 1/12/06 when I got my first DVD. Also, I'm ripping the DVD apart so that I can have 3 miles of fast walking. Two of the 9 1/2 minute miles and one of the 13 1/2 mile. I'm going to reburn it to a DVD and use that occassionally. I decided I needed to learn to rip and edit digital videos not to mention I didn't like backtracking the DVD to get a repeat mile. It's sort of fun to do.

Well, back to knitting.
Marie
Old 03-20-2006, 10:58 AM   #14  

congrats Marie
you are doing awesome!
YOU GO GIRL!!!!
hugs,
cathy