Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 02-15-2006, 04:46 AM   #16  

hi again
thanks for the AF. it took me awhile to work out TOM hehe. all these abbrev but now i understand it very clearly

acupuncture was interesting. i've been several years ago but this was different. it really didn't hurt and when i told him one needle did hurt he took it out and put it in again. it's like a rubber band flicking against you. just very slight. compared to all the blood tests i have i thought it was a breeze! anyway i ticked the boxes for depression, fatigue, headaches, anxiety and insomnia so it's supposed to help with all those things. i have another session in 10 days time but i felt positive about it. i felt relaxed with the guy, he explained everything well and i felt less depressed this evening. he said it would take another 2 days for the full effects so we'll see how it goes

i didn't think i'd ever try it again it was so painful and useless last time round but it's been a few years and quite frankly i'm desperate. i am sick of taking pills to sleep. if there is away to align things so my body is in balance and i sleep better i'm all for it!

joanne - that ulcer sounds painful. take care!

desert - well done on exercising nearly every day. my dogs will be out of quarantine on friday and i am really excited about being able to take them walking again!

today for exercise i just did some dancing in the lounge for a few mins it wasn't much but i enjoyed it

cathy - i bet you're relieved your tooth is ok. you sound a bit like me. i've broken 3 teeth in the past 2 yrs. in my case it is an anxious habit of clenching my teeth. very expensive!!
hey tippy, leenie and everyone else
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 09:07 AM   #17  

Leenie,I thought of you when I heard our weather forecast. We're supposed to get 10 inches of snow, but knowing our area, it will be more! R will NOT be driving to the office tomorrow. I threatened to tie hm to the bed posts. Heck, now he has bronchitis so that wouldn't even be fun!
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 10:08 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang

What's everybody up to today?

Where in the world is LIZ???? liz oh liz wherrrrrrreeeeeee arrreeeeee youuuuuu?

Danielle - my mind went blank yesterday trying to remember what AF stood for LOL I was so glad when Sweetpea asked what it was I'm sorry your moods are making you feel like you are fixing to crash. I hope it gets better and I'm sending you a big Let us know how you are doing.

Tippy - what do you make your nightgowns out of? cotton? and hey - thanks for making me laugh this morning - I was picturing you tieing dh to the bed

Hey Sweetpea - I was gonna ask how the accupuncture went but you've already explained. Did you sleep any better last week? I would love to hear your thoughts in the next few days as to whether you feel it helps or not with the things you listed. very interesting. my mom tried accupuncture years ago for migraines she was having. boy it was something to watch.

Hey Snoopysgirl - CONGRATS on all the exercise last week and for showing a loss. guess we can all thank Leenie for challenging us last week Exercise is a huge mood lifter - I totally agree!

Hey Joanne - it is so good to see ya girlie! how is your son doing? I am sorry to hear about your foot! I sure hope the antibotics and treatments help! take care of that foot girlie! Oh that's great news about the people coming back for a second look at the house. Hope they make a generous offer soon!

Boy that must have been a long class Where is Leenie this morning?

Cin - what ya up to girlie? what's going on at ww?

later gaters & hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 12:11 PM   #19  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning, chickies. This are nice this morning. I had a good Valentine's Day. DH gave me a dozen multi-colored roses that were/are beautiful. I also got some other things from co-workers that was treally nice (I acutally have flowers on my desk that I didn't buy).The baby still hasn't popped out. The dr. is going to induce tomorrow evening so I will be a grandma very soon. I'm very excited - especially since they'll all be living with me. Should be quite awesome. I did realize I hadn't changed a diaper in about 17 years.The cold is better - not felling like a truck ran me over. I didn't exercise on Sun and Monday but did yesterday. It was hard. It's amazing how quickly you lose conditioning. But I did the 2 miles with the arm work.I guess I should work now. I'll chat later. BTW, the acupuncture sounds interesting. I cringed when I read about the rubber bands - that still sounds torturous to me. I'm a wimp.Everybody, take care.Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 01:11 PM   #20  

Hi girls, doing alright over here. Hanging on out of sheer stubborness! Dr. seems to think it could be AF that is causing this funk I am in. She stressed to keep up the exercise and good eating. Will wait a few days to see if I start to feel better.

Joanne, hope your foot gets to feeling better soon. It sounds very ouchy!
Thanks for the info on the mood trackers. Funny you posted about it, my mom just called me (she's BP) to tell me to do it. Great minds think alike I guess!

Snoopysgirl, great job on the exercise! Feels good to be on the move, huh?

Sweetpea, glad you enjoyed the accupuncture. I hope it helps you sleep.
Yay, doggies are almost better, walking will feel great! Keep on dancin' chicky!!

Cathy, how's your day? Have you been able to walk now that you're feeling better? I hope you're feeling great today! Thanks for the hug, I needed it.

Marie, great to hear you're better. Your flowers sound beautiful, dh was so sweet. Do you know what sex the baby is? How exciting, any time now he/she will be in this world! Congratulations Grandma. ;-) Diapering will come back quick, alot quicker than you'd like probably. Enjoy that new baby.

Leenie, where ya at? Did you get lost on the way home from "school"? : D

Have a super day girls, take care of you.
desertdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 01:45 PM   #21  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Howdie !!

Nothing much to write home about today except its beautiful outside aaahh. I ate to much chocolate yesterday but got rid of the rest b/c I know I would do a repeat if I didn't. lol

Hugs !!!!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 01:55 PM   #22  

Hey sweetpea - I meant to answer your earlier and forgot haha - I also have a problem with clenching my teeth and grinding them at night. I think it's a stress thing - since the stress has to show up somewhere. And yep - that is a big part of my teeth problem - and expensive!

Hey MMarie - I must be reading thru these posts too quickly or forgetting what I know bec I did not realize you are fixing to be a grandmother! is this your first grandbaby? oh my gosh you must be so excited. keep us posted.

Hey Danielle - are you able to exercise when you get in a funk? I mean are you able to push thru it and do it when you are feeling down? What do you like to do for exercise? I am feeling so much better now that my teeth aren't killing me! I had planned to let myself sleep in this morning bec I have gotten so little sleep with these all this throbbing, but ended up only sleeping about 4 hours last night (just couldn't sleep) and got up early and just felt too tired to exercise and decided to go ahead and get ready and go to Walmart before work. You cannot even find a parking spot after work at any of our Walmarts - it's crazy. They are still only open from 7 til 8 each day and the places are always packed. Our blender fell in the sink and broke yesterday and I needed a new one for our protein shakes so....... no I didn't walk this morning. Thanks for checkon me tho - I'll get it in soon

I hope AF and "the funk" leave and give you a great big break.

Leenie - I see we are posting at the same time. Did dh get you a box of chocolate yesterday? what kind and how good was it? I want details girlie yum yum
Old 02-15-2006, 05:32 PM   #23  

hey all glad to hear you all sounding so perky. i am off to the doc today to discuss my meds after 4 weeks on effexor now and also to see if she can talk to my mother's doc and arrange for her to get assessed

lovely sunny day here almost too hot to be outside!

i am washing everything as i have to make sure there is no risk of the dogs ebing reinfected so have to wash all my bedding and their's, clean the property and may even spray disinfectant in house and yard to make sure all the bugs are killed! no way we are going thru this agaihn
Old 02-15-2006, 05:34 PM   #24  

oops i didn't read the next page to see the rest of the posts hehe

cathy i never even knew i clenched my teeth until the dentist told me. he kept asking if i ground my teeth and i said no and he said clenching and i said no. but after that i started noticing i clench my teeth all the time. sometimes they are even clenched when i wake up so i have been clenching them while i sleep too!~
Old 02-15-2006, 07:51 PM   #25  

Hi everyone.....I haven't been here this week.....we had the neighbors over on Saturday to play cards....this week I have been busy around the house. This afternoon I went to Costco....then to the grocery store.....it is still sunny out....mild.....but the wind is cold.

About a week ago I went off Celebrex for my arthritis in my hips.....it was making my asthma worse......but the joint at the top of my left leg is bothering me more....I just took some Tylenol.

I am feeling better with my new light with the blue color....in the last month....felt good except for Sunday evening for a few hours.

Sweet_pea.....I wear a mouth guard at night for grinding my teeth.
How do you like the Effexor?....I was on Effexor 2 years ago....now I am on Celexa.....am so tired on the Celexa....also I seem to want to eat everything in sight after about 2 P.M.....while on the Celexa.....am trying to cut back on the Celexa & then will ask the doctor about going back on the Effexor.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 10:47 PM   #26  

Height: 5'6"

HI everyone

Haven't been around much, boy everyone is so busy.

Cathy congrats on getting up at 5am to exercise, wow good on ya!!! And I sure hope thats the end of your tooth problems.

Sweetpea I hope your doggies are feeling better and that the acupuncture helps.

desert, hope you feel better soon.

MMarie, glad to hear that you are starting to feeling better. A new baby in the house is so exciting, especially when the 2am feedings and diaper changes are up to someone else!

Hi Tippy, hope DH feels better soon.

Hey April, hope you feel better soon.

Homebound, here's hoping you get a good offer on your house and that your ankle feels better soon.

Hello everyone else

Things are going alright here. Had a busy weekend and survived going out of town. DD13 did great at her judo tournament. She got a gold and bronze. I'm so proud of her, especially since this was her first out of town tournament and she was so sick with the flu last week. DD15 is suffering from a migraine that just won't go away. She is just started a new semester at school and its TOM, so maybe that is it. My first week on SB went pretty good. I didn't worry about it while I was out of town and was still able to have a lose. But I haven't planned out recipes and such for this week so I'm not finding it as easy. Bought a second hand treadmill yesterday, so hopefully I'll be adding cardio to my routine and make some headway there. We are suppose to have a windchill of -30C (-22F) tomorrow morning, so it will be a cold trip to the school bus. Our poor shaved dog will be shivering!

Well keep your chin up girls and take care of yourselves.
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 12:25 AM   #27  

april i have been on effexor before for about 3 mths but then went back to cipramil/celexa. however i had nightmares for years and quit it to see what would happen - the nightmares stopped!

i find effexor more sedating but it may be something to do with the dose. i was definitely hungrier on celexa. having said that i eat when i'm not hungry anyway so it probably doesn't matter

the doc said to give the effexor another mth and see if the drowsiness wears off. i guess it's better than nightmares

april i thought a mouthguard would be annoying to wear. don't you find it uncomfortable?

buddly i am always buying exercise tapes and i never use them. one day i'll have to get them out lol
Old 02-16-2006, 09:39 AM   #28  

good GOOD good morning gang!

Got up at 5 this morning and did 3 miles in 34 minutes. Used the new 5 mile dvd and did the 12 minute mile, the 10 minute mile and then the 12 minute mile again - woooohooooo - absolutely love it.

Hey Buddly - it's so good to see ya! wow CONGRATS on your daughter winning a gold and a bronze at her judo tournament. I know you must be very proud of dd. I hope your dd 15 feels better! Where did you set up your new treadmill?

Hey April - we were missing you too! Did you have your mouthguard special made by the dentist. I make my own with the mouth guards you can buy over the counter and then you boil them and fit them - but they are bulky and it is hard to get use to sleeping with it in your mouth.

Sweetpea - I also said "no" when my dentist told me a few years ago that I was clenching and grinding. Then he said "isn't your jaw sore in the mornings when you wake up?" and I thought "yea always!" and then I started paying attention and sure enough - just like you - I catch myself all the time clenching and I have to remind myself to relax and quit doing that. I'm not sure if it's bec I "bite my tongue" too much or what. Maybe I should just start saying whatever is on my mind

Alrighty then - where is the rest of our gang today and what is everyone up to? We sure haven't heard from Liz in awhile. Hope she is ok.

hugs,
Cathy
February Miles = 13
Old 02-16-2006, 09:58 AM   #29  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning :-)

Golly its good to see you all.

Tippy, did you get alot of snow? Poor "R" hope he feels better soon. I doubt you'll have to tie him down, just raise one eyebrown and he'll cower LOLOL!!! How are you feeling?

Cathy, I didn't get any chocolate for valentines day, DD did. It was from her school and friends. Most of it was not good but I did manage to eat alot of mini snicker bars uhh.

Joanne, is it the same ankle that is acting up ? How's DS ?

LIZ !! where are you ?

April, I love shopping at stores like Costco's but always spend way to much. How is your DH feeling?

Buddly, sounds like you had a wonderful time at the tournament and your DD did fantastic. I'd be proud too. Okay now... why did you shave your dog ROFLMFAO !!! Maybe Marie can knit him/her a sweater LOL.

Marie oh Marie how goes my favorite stained glass lady. Watcha doing today?
Well ????????? ya a G'ma yet ??

Desert how are you feeling today....any better ?

Snoopy I'm so glad you did good w/the challenge WTG !! So shouldn't we think of another challenge for next week? It can be about anything... like looking in the mirror at least 3 times a day (which we all do) and tell yourself I AM BEAUTIFUL!!!! See how that helps us thru the week... yep brain washing but in a good way. (just an example now).

Sweetpea I clench my back teeth all the time and don't realize I'm doing it until my jaw hurts. Every time I catch myself doing it I stop for about 5 minutes and then poof I'm there again. I'm glad I'm not a grinder eeek.

Okay I must get back to work

Have a wonderful day !!!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 03:56 PM   #30  

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon Everyone

Boy is it cold today, but it sure is nice looking out. Haven't done much today, just making myself some lentil soup and doing laundry.

Cathy Wow are you ever doing great on that exercise thing!! I haven't picked up the treadmill yet and I'm not sure if I'll be getting that or an eliptical machine my mom has, we are doing tradesies as she finds that her eliptical machine goes to fast for her. But my plan is to put whichever in the most annoying conspicuous spot possible so I have no excuses!

Leenie, I decided to shave the dog as he was getting full of matts and then getting wet and then of course he stunk. And since it was fairly warm for winter and he is an inside dog it seemed like a good idea at the time, Now I'm not to sure as I gave him more of a "pig shave" then I expected, Heh. I think he does need a sweater lol, especially with this cold snap, my DD18 is teaching herself to knit so that she can try to make one. At least he'll be all set for next year!!!

Anyway, hope everyone has a great day!!
Take care,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote