Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-10-2006, 07:30 AM   #1  

Default In Trouble Now.

This past fortnight or so my body has started really giving out. I am having to push or pull myself out of chairs. This week my knee went. I am afraid to put any weight on it at all.
All the usual bollocks I spouted about going on a diet for the new year fell by the wayside. Today I weighed myself in Boots, and I have gone up from 20st 4 to 21stone in about 3 weeks.
I am so completely out of control I cannot believe it.
I catch sight of myself in mirrors and the reflected screen of the TV or this monitor I look like a monster. I barely resemble a human being anymore.
I am just locked into this body.
I went to an obesity clinic and I hated it. I couldn't follow the milk diet I went on. I went to a group meeting which comprised of people who I didn't feel I could identify with.
I read loads of magazines and follow people's success stories looking for inspiration, but I don't get it.
My child starts school this year. She will probably get it in the neck because of me.
Why am I motionless?
TyraBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:32 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Tyra and

I'm so sorry your feeling out of sorts. I believe all of us feel the same way at one time or another.

I don't blame you for not being able to follow a milk diet. Sounds kinda odd to me. Have you checked into other types of plans? You know the success stories you see are people just like you and I who have tried one diet after another. Success is finding something that works for you personally, not what works for your neighbor.

I also believe you should talk to your family doctor about how your feeling. Its a good place to start.

Slow changes are the best!!

Please, surf this site and read up on some of the weight loss plans. See if there is one that appeals to you and your lifestyle. Then go for it !! give it a try.

Main thing is to NEVER give up !!!! You can do it sweetie, get up, brush your knees off and try again.

Hugs !!!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 11:13 AM   #3  

I agree......go to the doctor for a start........and then stay in touch with us here.

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote