Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #91  

Not so long ago, I was quite fit...not that I've gotten out of shape, I find I'm almost more depressed when I exercise! I know I will get back in shape eventually and exercise will make my happy again like it used to...
mojorestoration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:40 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 211

Height: 53

I go to the gym in patterns and get very fustrated when I break the cycle because then I find it very hard to get back there and alot of it is the overwelming confuusing information that I get about what to do at the gym. I wish I could get some feed back on introductory excercise plans that actual people have had results with
pattydunn28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:51 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 333.5/306.5/200

Height: 5 ft. 11 in.

It is very difficult to get into the swing of things when you have left yourself go. I do find that if I make the time to exercise even for a few brief periods during the day I start to feel better about life.
meandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:09 AM   #94  

Try just walking around the block. The important thing us to start moving. Once you do this, your mind and body will start to adapt. Try walking a little more each time so that your body keeps being pushes out of its comfort zone. Eventually, you will find more fun activities to lose weight. Good luck!
technoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:43 AM   #95  

Default Best Exercise tips to weight loss

hi,

the best exercise to lose fat is

to do jump rope that the best way to burn fat from your body

Secondly doing pushup or pullup

thank you for listening
AnnieJordan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 01:33 AM   #96  

Hi,

Following are the basic benefits of doing exercise. I myself is a fitness trainer and discern the basic benefits of doing exercise.

Improving your capacity
Strengthening your heart
Strength against disease
Building muscle
Safe exercise

Last edited by Marcoguizar; 02-15-2014 at 01:33 AM.
Marcoguizar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 03:25 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 333.5/306.5/200

Height: 5 ft. 11 in.

Hello everyone. It has been awhile since I have been on this site. I have been going through some family problems and with that my depression kicked back in. It is funny how quickly I can stop exercising when I become emotional. All I want to do is sit and cry. Hopefully I can soon put all this behind me.
meandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 03:02 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 273/173/150

It's not easy to make yourself get up and take a shower in the throws of a deep depression...exercise? really? I am barely able to stay working much less exercise. I am serious, how do make yourself get up and exercise if you cant even force yourself to get up and take a shower? I am talking about full out bed bound depression with exhaustion, its only a matter of time before I have to quit my job.
eightiesbabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 03:54 AM   #99  

If you are depressed due to obesity, there are ways in which you can shed your excess pounds. One of the effective and the most cheapest method to cut down your excess fat from the body is to walk daily in the morning. All of us know that you can only lose weight when you consume less calories than you burn. Walking first thing in the morning increases your metabolism. With increased metabolism, you burn more calories throughout the day.
Water is another great weight loss regime. Drinking a big glass of water before your exercise is a good way to lose your weight. To boost your metabolism and maximize the body's fat burning capabilities, you need to drink a big glass of water when you first wake up and exercise for 30 minutes. After moderate exercise, again drink a glass of water . Wait for 30 minutes and then have your breakfast.
triumphhcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 07:43 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 181/ticker/115

Height: 5'2"

I couldn't disagree more with the above. Bodies are different - for mine, exercising without being properly fuelled - with carbs too! - is a catastrophe. It makes me feel absolutely terrible for the rest of the day, and hungry!

Also, morning would be a terrible time for me to exercise. It doesn't really have to be in the morning - the body burns calories in sleep too so it doesn't really matter if you get the metabolism boost during the day or night.

--

Generally, I think healthy scepticism should be had with the "exercise makes you less depressed" -mantra. I used to believe this and started jogging/running. I was too tired to live, I basically didn't live at all, just run, run, run, dozens of kilometers per week, running from my depression. Eventually I was in great shape and more depressed than ever.

Now with years of therapy and the right medication - I can exercise, and actually enjoy it, and feel it boost my confidence etc. (But not in the mornings for me!)
pigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 02:04 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 178/130

Height: 5' 5"

Default Reply to Thread

I've had depression for years, and all that happens is that I binge eat, feel guilty, stop eating, and have no motivation to get out of bed, much less excercise. I end up gaining weight and feeling more depressed. I'm hoping to stop that now, and break out of that cycle now.
hamnaasif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 04:31 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 140/140/120

Height: 5' 6"

Yup, there's a reason I have been starting to get so depressed again.. Things are piling up and I'm feeling like I can't stay on top of it all. Whenever I'm exercising regularly I feel more motivated and more able to get things done again. Just need to do it now! It's really only hardest getting started!
ShinyHappySkinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 03:20 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 188/188/150

Height: 5'8

I often have to force myself to exercise. It's strange, it seems exercise helps depression but I'm often to depressed to exercise.
weightlossjourneyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 07:03 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 206.4/202.8/117

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseLaurel View Post
This x 1,000. There have been periods when the medication worked for me, I was able to function somewhat normally and I'd be able to exercise consistently. I'd lose some weight, but eventually the depression came back and with it the weight.
Just this past week I was so bad that I could not get out of bed for three days. I called out sick from work on day 1 and the other two I couldn't even find it in me to pick up the phone and call again. I have been slowly regaining my desire to live life, and would like to try getting some exercise. I keep thinking about it, but can't seem to find it in me to actually get up and get moving. Has anyone else been through this? Might anyone have any advice on moving past your depression and exercising? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks helping me feel like I'm not alone. :-)
beagonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 08:24 PM   #105  

Default Don't have motivation to exercise

I have been in a slump for the past month. I don't seem to have the energy or motivation to exercise. My goal this month was to lose 6.5lbs for a contest I entered and I think I gained 6.5lbs instead.

Part of the reason I'm in a slump is because I'm a single mom (however I do have a boyfriend) and I don't get regular breaks to do much. My daughter sees her dad every second weekend and usually by that time, I'm so exhausted and the last thing I want to do is exercise. I love my daughter and boyfriend and I am blessed to have the life I have. I'm just disappointed in myself because I've gained 17 lbs since last summer. I don't fit into any clothes and I feel like a beluga when I go to the lake. It's hard to feel good about myself when u feel so enormous.

Has anyone else been in a slump like this and how did u get out of it?
prettyinpink36 is offline   Reply With Quote