3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   Depression and Exercise (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/71398-depression-exercise.html)

Katarina 04-14-2010 06:20 PM

Exercise ABSOLUTELY makes a difference in your depression. GOOD FOR YOU leanne!

Kat
http://heatherstouffer.scentsy.us

DGirl150 04-26-2010 11:32 PM

I really should try this...problem is I'm so depressed I really don't want to move at all :o

NicoleSanders10 04-29-2010 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terii (Post 1238985)
Yeah! I agree, that exersise is cool and helping, but still with horse-riding twice a week and 30-minute walk three times a week and biking... I`m still overweight. I`m planning to get on diet pills soon.

yes, you are right exercise is cool and helping..but you should take a proper diet or take a food supplement instead.Just like me I'm a busy woman and I don't have enough time to go to gym but I take a proper diet and food supplement therefore I loose 30lbs.
Ooopps btw, if you're going to ask me what food supplement, it's acaiberryzones .
:carrot:

muggle born 05-23-2010 09:45 PM

I have been struggling with depression for my entire life. I have also been struggling with my weight my entire life. I am about to turn 25 y/o and feel that this is the time in my life when I should feel my best, instead, I am at my heaviest and cant seem to stick to a routine. I need all the help I can get. It has gotten so bad that I don't want to go to certain places, I feel like everyone is looking at me, it discourages me to go to the gym, and work out in public places. I live in a very hot environment so it is hard for a heavy person to feel comfortable while they are sweating gallons at the same time. I feel at a complete loss and am afraid for my health as well. I already take metformin for my PCOS. I was successful with WW when I was 13/14 y/o but slowly gained the weight back. If anyone can give me some advice on how to start off and keep it steady, some foods that they liked, any tips and tricks! please I am so unhappy the way I am but at the same time feel as though there is no point in trying because its gone too far. Please help....

melissajawn 05-31-2010 10:25 AM

weight loss

I completely feel your pain muggle born! I also live in Florida. I grew up in Southwest Florida my whole life. I actually have also struggled with weight loss and depression. I actually haven't been diagnosed with PCOS but I was diagnosed with PMDD. It sucks! Especially when I'm trying to lose weight and that comes around; I usually can't even get out of bed and that throws my whole schedule off. First though, if you don't like going outside to exercise then you can get a video, or go to the gym, or a wii fit. I have been pretty active my whole life so sweat doesn't really phase me anymore. That is the hard part though. I can't just do basic exercise. I usually do Jillian Michaels video for 30 mins and then go run/walk for 45 mins. That is what gets me to lose weight. It is really hard to get motivated or even stay motivated to lose weight. You need a good support system, hence the reason why I joined this site. I suggest you get some South Beach cookbooks and weight watchers meals in 30 mins. I use those on a daily basis. If you need any help just let me know!

bigjosie 08-23-2010 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetchubbychick06 (Post 1245191)
I'v been plaining on getting on hydroxtcut (diet pills) does anyone ever tried those and do they actually work?? OOoo and yea I get soo depressed over my weight :(

Hydroxycut has helped me SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!

wollygirl 08-30-2010 10:25 AM

Trying to get out there

I have been off work for a few months now and on meds for a month and a half. I have good intensions to get out and walk / exercise, but I have such a hard time getting out the door to do it. Then I feel even worse when the end of the day rolls around and I haven't done anything. :(

angelinadiaz 09-02-2010 08:03 AM

Exercise and meditation are really very effective for mental illness or depression.

angelinadiaz 09-22-2010 05:55 AM

Yoga is a good way to keep your body healthy and fit. Yoga not only provides you physical fitness but also provides you mental peace.meditation helping to prevent depression.

cherylmn 09-22-2010 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kykaree (Post 1059804)
I can vouch for the benefits of exercise. I have had recurrent severe depression for years. In the year I have been eating healthily and exercising regulary, I have been fine, and have had only had one panic attack in that time. I find exercise gives me "headspace" to put things in perspective.

Absolutely!! September has been such a difficult month for me. I've ended my weight loss efforts & am on to the much less exciting (and motivating) task of now maintaining for the rest of my life. That, combined with the fact that I live in the north & it doesn't get light now until close to 7am, has almost made me bedridden. I went from happily exercising 5-6x/week to dragging myself to do SOMETHING 2x/week. My mood spiraled downward & the depression was winning.

I've since adjusted to PM workouts. It gets late, but no matter what, I will continue. In the last week, I've only managed 4x/week, but I can already feel the difference. Have talked to DH to let him know why I have to have this time - how it will benefit us all - and he is completely on board.

Nothing like a good sweat-fest to help ward off the anxiety, depression, fear, loneliness, sleeplessness, etc. I am a firm believer.

Lisa Shanken 10-05-2010 01:41 PM

This thread is long but can not help but say something. Some years ago I had a friend who had bipolar disorder. She was asked to go to the gym regularly. Exercise is a really good tool for mind and body. Simple exercise like walking can take off the tension that we experience day to day.

sngn4God 10-16-2010 03:52 PM

I was doing Zumba for several weeks. Mentally...it was the best I had felt in years...but with the new diet, they suggest not doing any exercize for the first three weeks. I am in week 2 and am really ready to get through this so I can get back to the zumba! It is just FUN!!

Nebuchadnezzar 10-18-2010 08:16 PM

I need the OP's advice tattooed on my forehead! I am so depressed I have gone so long without working out at this point. Got the inspiration to, but not the motivation. I want to just say I am lazy, but it's deeper than that. Sucks, man.

krampus 10-18-2010 10:24 PM

Not a clinical sufferer but I have had periods of depression for months at a time. During the darkest days exercising alleviated the massive weight of living for a few hours. It wasn't a permanent solution, but it was worth it to feel like everything was okay for several hours a day.

DesireeB 10-26-2010 12:25 PM

Motivation Needed

Today is my first day on the site and I feel motivated to excercise today. I have not excercised in many years; just can't seem to get motivated to make my body move. Have gained 50 pounds in three years. Soooo depressed; how did this happen to me?