Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 12-17-2005, 07:11 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Weekend Chat, December 17th and 18th

Good Morning,

Can't say b/c I have to be at church with the kids in 1 hour so I'm outta here. I'll be back later to post.

How is everyone today
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 08:27 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! Just popping in for a minute while my rum cake bakes. I WILL RESIST as it's for Church tomorrow. We are doing The Hanging of the Greens and will be celebrating.

I've been a bit down the past six months - sort of on the edge of mild depression - but things are looking up. Now I may be able to focus on losing some weight. Staying the same rather than gaining for the past two rough years has been good but it's time to drop some upholstery now.

Save yourself a little space in your busy day.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 08:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

Leenie - wow you are off to church early this morning! are you gonna get to make those whipped shortbread cookies today? I'm gonna try if I can get everything else done first

Ruthie - it' is soooooooooooooo good to see you! I love your "serenity" phrase at the end of your post. Ain't it the truth! I'm sorry to hear that you have been a bit down - I'm sure that is only normal with everything you have going on. How is your dh doing? Thanks for the reminder about saving ourselves some space in our busy day I think I just had mine - I had a cup of hot chocolate curled up in the lazy boy in front of the Christmas tree. The rest of my day will probably be a blurr. hugs!

ok gang - I've got lots to do - but I wanted to wish everyone a BLESSED day!

hugs,
cathy

P.S. to Tippy - don't forget my note on yesterday's thread about your recipes
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 04:43 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Everyone,

It was a long morning lol. I was so tired my head was spinning so me and DD took a well needed nap. Now I feel drugged but better. Cathy I didn't get to make those cookies today, cleaning the icky fish tank came first. Now I have to give DD a bath and make dinner. My house has junk laying around from one end to the other... ick. I'll prob clean it on Monday since tomorrow is out by 8:30 am to church for the christmas pagent.

Tippy its good to see you. How are you feeling ? sorry to hear about your friend

Ruthie you sound determined to make some changes :db: we are all here for you.

All righty, let me get that bath water running before I fall asleep LOL.

Have a wonderful night
Old 12-18-2005, 03:51 PM   #5  

Default Poppycock "Just Nuts" Recipe

Caramel -
1/2 lb. butter (not margarine)
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon baking soda

Preheat oven to 250 F.

Combine butter, br. sugar and corn syrup in 2 qt. saucepan. Cook for 2 minutes. Add baking soda (this will cause mixture to foam).

Have your nuts in a large roaster. I probably had around 10 cups or more of mixed nuts.. Pour caramel over nuts and stir until mixed. Add more nuts if too soupy.

Bake in 250 oven for 45 minutes stirring every 10 - 15 minutes.

Remove from oven and pour on waxed paper and break apart.

Note From Tippy>> I'm going to grease my countertop and use that instead of waxed paper. The last time, the candy stuck to the paper. And, like I said, I used walnuts. Yummy!
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 03:59 PM   #6  

Yum tippy.........thanks!

Has anyone tried the whipped shortbread......hope you like them.......they are always a huge hit!

I have 12 for turkery dinner tonight. Gotta run

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 10:18 PM   #7  

Default Hello all

Hello, my name is Suzanne....I've been on and off the site since 2000! Wow, and I'm still fat!

Anyways, I just posted my bio....I'm glad there is a thread for depression specifically...I've been up and down since I was 18...now 27. I also go thru bouts of bad anxiety. I do take fluoxetine right now which is a generic prozac, but I would like to ween myself off of it eventually. I attempted it this summer but had to go back on because I was having stomache issues.

Anyone else on meds for depression or anxiety? Do you find it slows weight loss? Ever try to ween yourself off of it too? I don't know anyone who takes meds like myself so it would be great to know I'm not the only one.

Well, I think it's time to go to sleep now. I look forward to reading and posting more. Have a great Monday everyone!!!!
Suz78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 06:54 AM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Suzanne, its nice to meet you.
I've been here since 1998 and still over weight but you know I would be twice as bad if I didn't find this place. The ladies here keep giving me hope and thats something I didn't have with out them. There are many success stories that just keep me trying again and again.

I was on prozac and didn't have a problem with weight gain, as a matter a fact it made me not as hungry. Yeah I know everyone is different. Have you spoken to your doctor?

Hugs !!