Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-25-2005, 06:33 AM   #1  
I CAN DO THIS

Default Tuesday Chat ~ October 25th

Good Morning Ladies..

Ok I like the carrot to

This morning is better.. I woke up kinda off but decided I needed a little exercise.. It was only 10 minutes on the strider.. 15 situps.. 10 pushups and 10 - 10lb bicep curls but it was still something and I feel somewhat ok right now... I go to seea counselor on Friday.. and I am at the point that I can't wait. I am just worried that my insurance won't cover it, but my girlfriend who works for Head Start said that where I am going is income based so..

Well I am running late.. so I have to run.. get the kids up bring them to the sitter and then run to work all in 25 minutes..

I love Halloween.. tho I haven't decorated this year..

Hope Everyone has a good Tuesday...

/hugs
Stephanie
Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 07:34 AM   #2  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

GM Stephanie!

I know how you feel. Today is picture day at DD's school so I have to get her ready for that. I have to shower, give DD#2 a bath and get ready to go to the grocery after I drop DD#1 off at school, make bfast for everyone and I have 45 min. Rush Rush Rush. I have a dentist appt at 3:00 today too.
Congrats on getting in some exercise. I'll have to do mine later.
Gl with the counselor. Let us know how everything goes!

Well today was weigh day........I haven't had time to update my tracker yet but.....drumroll please......I lost 3.3 pounds!!!!!

I am soooo thrilled!!!
Gotta run. I'll check back later. Hope everyone is good! TTYL
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 08:58 AM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Ladies
Yay Steph on getting the exercise in
Heather that's great!
BBL
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 11:47 AM   #4  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

Mornin everyone

Glad you are feeling better Stephanie, and wtg on the exercise, I am sure that will help too.

Congrats on the loss Heather, that is pretty exciting and must be quite the boost in confidence

Well yesterday went pretty well, I didn't end up eating very much but I think it's because I totally binged on Sunday so I had plenty of sugar and fat stashed up from the weekend. I am supposed to be changing jobs at work, but the woman who I am replacing keeps changing her mind about where she wants to go so the planned date for me to take over keeps getting moved forward. It's not as if I'm in that big a hurry for the change or anything, but it is annoying when you know something is going to happen and you just want it to be over with. The good news is I have been pretty busy at work which is always good for my sanity (in an odd way) and especially my diet. Got grocery shopping done on my lunch break yesterday and I am just trying to focus on small victories of getting stuff done. Hope everyone is doing really well today and surviving Tuesday madness
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 02:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default doing a fly by.....

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 03:05 PM   #6  

HI everyone............congrats to all the weight loss and exercise happening around here!

Things are a blurr......some day I will caught up with you all!

xoLiz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 04:42 PM   #7  

Default Boy have I been MIA!

Good afternoon Ashlie..

OK I like the carrot too!

Glad to hear that this morning is better..sorry to hear that you woke up kinda off but glad to hear that you decided that you needed a little excercise..even if it was only 10 minites on the strider..15 situps..10 pushups and 10 - 10lb bicep curls! Yeah! it was something! It was so something that I just went upstairs and did 10 pushups (girl style) and 15 situps!! Thak you Ashlie for giving me that inspiration!! So you're going to see a counselor on Friday?! Good luck! Hope that all goes well! Your girlfriend is right. If your insurance won't cover it, and the information is correct that it is income based you should be able to cover it.

Did you get the kids up and take them to the sitter and then get to work on time this morning?

I love Halloween too! I haven't decorated yet this year either, what with the kitchen renovation and all..

And now to catch up.........Sorry to hear that yesterday was a Bad Day...I wish they would end for you.

Keep trying to diet and stay on track with eating healthy, whether your mood says otherwise or not. Try to stop eating whatever..mostly chips, carrots are good and so are celery, cauliflower, and broccoli, but the french onion dip has got to go! So you're right - mostly healthy!

At least you did some exercise by semi cleaning! That's more than I did! I did do some semi cleaning on Sunday - my Mom was stopping by after church.....but like you other than that...nothing...I need to get back to it too! You are not alone!

At least you used to plan every meal. I just got started trying to plan my meals by following the SlimFast daily recipes, but lately I haven't been keeping up with that even!

What do you mean that everything else in life just sticks right now? At least you care about your DD and DS! I understand that you are at the point where you don't care about anything and just want to curl up into a ball and sleep and sleep and do nothing else. I've been there more than I want to admit. I know how it feels to want to fall apart and crawl into the biggest hole you can find and stay there. Aren't kids God's true gift and blessings? I've been there. Typing does seem to help.

At least you weighed in and you are down to 138 and are staying there for the second week in a row! I wish that I could get back to that weight! No need to apologize for the depressing rant...hugs

Back to Saturday - Glad to hear that you tried to get some cleaning done.....I agree....ugg. How did the moving S. out go? I know that it must be overwhelming, trying to get everything reorganized.....Good for you - you went to the HUD office on Friday and went to the welfare office to apply for food stamps! Hopefully things will pan out for you this time. I understand that you can't make it on your own with 2 kids, but I hope the best for you that in ~6 months, when you find your own place that things will be better and you will be somewhat out of debt. I hoping for the best for you.

I understand how you must have felt just waiting for S. to finish getting his stuff out and to just go away. I felt like that when I split up with my first husband. Hope you won't see him at work that much. Good luck on you two working out something with him taking the kids.. My sister-in-law is going through something similar with my niece's father. I take it that this is not the first time.

Other than that, good for you for planning on working on yourself! If you know that you need to get back to exercising because it always makes you feel better, then just be "like Mike", just do it!

Hope that you got the house picked up and moved him out. Hope that you got to go out with your girlfriend and that S. watched the kids. You most definitely deserve to just get out of there for a few hours.

The weather is cold here - 44 degrees! And we had rain this morning!

Tell me - how do you get your DS to shut off the gamecube and do his cleaning?

hugs

I suppose I've worked my way back to Saturday - (I should have PMed you!) Cleaning and finding your house is a lot! (remember we are doing our kitchen over?) I don't look forward to cleaning and finding my house when we are through! I can understandjust wanting to curl up in a ball and sleep or cry. I understand feeling strong one day and feeling like you can't deal with anything the next. My children have to deal with me this way and they love me anyway! Your children are going to like and love you. I am tired of mine not listening and doing what they are told too! Mine are 7 and 9. It's my DD who is the same age as you DS. I agree, they both should be able to listen with some resistance. All I can say about your DD is "the terrible twos"!

Good for you - I hope that you were able to take 30 minutes for just you and were able to read in your book. What series are you reading?

My misatke - I swtiched Saturday and Sunday! Oops!

OK. I'm about to be caught up, Ashlie.....I've worked myself back to Friday. So you seriously needed coffee, huh? Well, here. (Sorry about that - I just couldn't resist!) You sound like me today - I've been up since ~1am and couldn't go back to sleep - I think that I am on a manic state on the computer..... Sorry to hear that you were really depressed on Friday. You did the right thing in just trying to push it away - must have been overwhelming that S. moved his bed Thursday night and slept in his new apartment. Don't try not to deal with it - you have to deal with it. As far as his new thing on the side.....be the bigger person. We are here to help you. You are strong - stronger than you think....

It's OK if you were on a Men S*ck faze. I stay in that faze a lot with my DH! Well, I have to run too! Finally I guess you all are saying to yourselves. Sorry. Hope you have a good rest of your day.

Hope that you ALL have a good rest of your day!

Casper
Casper5AXTSU76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 05:21 PM   #8  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Heather, way to go on the wieght loss. You're doing great. Stephanie, good for you on exercising. I'm not eating good, but I am exercising so it's keeping me semi focused. Miles enjoy your sanity - I lost mine with my job. Hi Liz and Cathy!!! Casper, very long post- how is the kitchen renovations going? I'd go nuts if mine was in disrepair that long.

Things are going good. I'm walking the pups tonight so I'll get my exercise. I was good about eating until lunch dessert came by and flew into my mouth. Bad me. Oh well, it's a long walk tonight.

TTYL.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote