Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-11-2005, 09:13 PM   #1  

Default Not so new

It wasn't but four years ago?!#($# I found this forum and posted on it and losing weight. I found this place supportive or my journey. I had actually in two years went from a size 23 to a size 10. It was awesome and I felt great. Well I sort of fell on the way cause it was three years ago, I lost my mother to cancer and that really did hurt me to see her go. I think I went from very sad to mad, and just really slow down on my eating. but I had made it to a size 10 and mange to keep the weight off for a Year and a half then boom I was sinking again. now two years back I felt great. started a new job, enjoyed it had manage to get over my fears of some things on the job. Felt great, made good money, exec, then a year into the job I had this guy bugging me to go out with him and stuff, everyday he asked everyday I said no. Just annoying. Then I had this grand idea to go out with him make his life miserable and maybe he'll just mark me as a witch and go on, well it turns out he made me even more miserable. It seem the more I treated him like crap the more he wanted to stick to me... Anyways push come to shove Found out in the long run he was living with a girlfriend that was claiming he was married to her.. Never knew the truth didn't care as long he stay away from me, then roomers flew 7 months after that, that we slept together bla bla bla.... Then a month later a married woman out there wanted to know if her boyfriend was at all still seeing me. Okay this crap is pretty messed up and I am a little tired of this Jerk being brought up when it was just a date back almost over a year ago, I ended up in the hospital for emergency surgery one day to have my gallbladder taken out, was off from work for a week by the time I came back they were shoving me out of receiving into another shift I couldn't bare ( and here went my depression and over eating began big time) I went from 2nd shift to 3rd shift and I hate 3rd shift. I could never get my life to function right working those kind of hours. I gave up allot in my life being on that 3rd shift, stopped going to the gym, stopped walking, ended up eating allot of sweets, little debs, donuts, cakes you name it. I went out of control and I knew I was out of control cause I didn't enjoy it, I couldn't taste it. God I hated this. well I jump from being a size 10 to a 16 now and told myself I gotta stop. Oh yea I forgot I also over ate at Taco bell/Bueno I love spicy foods but at this point it makes me sick. Every since I had the gallbladder taken out I haven't been able to digest that kind of food very easily anymore. All I know is I get a bad case of acid coming up. I still love spicy foods though, but like I say like the sweets been eating over on that stuff to. But TODAY!!! I'm putting on the breaks. I got to get back control of myself again 4 years ago I was 257 and I had manage to lose all the way down to 178 but now I am up on 216.
Well, I resign from my job. They put me in another area and gave me 45 days to keep up rate, and I was in that area for 30 days and was 40 off to the number. I knew I couldn't do it so I resign. Besides I never believed I fell off rate in Receiving to begin with , to be moved. I was in Receiving for two years then all of the sudden I fell out of rate? Right!
Cool_Chic_n_Tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 08:14 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

BACK !!

First I'm sorry for the loss of your Mom

I'm really glad to hear your putting the breaks on b/4 you gain ALL your weight back. I wish I had done the same. But there's something in your post, maybe a spark that I see, that sounds like your really going to do this.

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!

We're glad your back !!

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 08:30 AM   #3  

I've got to. I had started to lose this weight health wise and mental wise and I remember mentally how great I felt. I had also got on the ball to lose this weight cause the weight was killing my back, Like it is right now. I have horrible mornings. Horrible early mornings. I tend to toss around in bed and I can't be tossing like I use to cause I will feel that annoying lower back pain, all that went away when I got down to 178 and on top of that it felt good after doing all that walking, I started jogging. Then 3rd shift creeped into my life and kicked my butt.

Yep, this fat gonna go!!!
Cool_Chic_n_Tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 02:15 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Wonderful !!
Hope to see you on the daily thread
Old 10-12-2005, 06:42 PM   #5  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

Welcome back

I too am returning after a break. I am sorry to hear about your Mom and your job nonsense. You are in the right place though. It is all about thinking positive from now on, and knowing that from now on you can make it better. At least, that is what I am telling myself.

*hug* Hope it gets easier, and glad to have you here
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:48 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Blues... glad your here
Old 10-15-2005, 05:33 AM   #7  
Super Star

You have been through so much..but LOOK at your determination! You are through with people who use you and are really stated back on this journey. I am so sorry about your mother...That must have been so hard for you and so devastating.

Gallbladder problems are so hard and am sorry that you had have the surgery but now you should be feeling better.

Glad you are bakc!

Tracy
TallTracy88 is offline   Reply With Quote