Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-29-2005, 06:30 AM   #1  
I CAN DO THIS

Default Thursday ~ September 29th

Good Morning Ladies..

Cathy.. It is good to here from you and I am glad you are ok...

I haven't had time to read much of the site.. I finally blew up my computer and am stuck with a crappy one for the moment.. I can't find the boot up disks for the one I am on so until my brother sends me his copy of Windows XP full version.. so I can get it running correctly everything is slow.. and the pictures are just horrible.

I am still trying to get everything organized here, I am almost done.. I have my DD's room, the dining room, the kitchen,the rest of the basement and then a bunch of yard work to do, but I am only cleaning out stuff that can't be used or doesn't get used, build shelves in the basement and the clean up the yard and get it looking neat just so it can snow.

This month I finally gave up on trying to lose weight all I have been doing is gaining...which is stressing me out so I eat more.. Starting October 1st.. I am going to start exercising again.. I think that is my biggest problem... with all the moving and cleaning.. for two months now I've completely stopped exercising

Work is calling... so I have to go get ready..

I hope everyone is doing well... and has a wondeful day...

/hugs
Stephanie =~.^=
Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 08:17 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 09:41 AM   #3  
CIN

Hi Ladies,
I am still hacking away with a cold but it is not worse....just the same old same old!

The weather is cooler and we are expecting a high of 65 today! I love that! I love cool & cold weather!

Nothing special on my agenda today and I like a day like that every once in a while! I may do some shopping or something!

How is every one else today?

Later taters
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 01:04 PM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

hi Ladies:
Steph it's going to get better I know it is!
Hi Leenie enjoying our Lovely weather :P
Hey Cin I love the fall too Enjoy yoru day!
I'm waiting for a new project at work so i actually get to have a lunch hour! Amazing
I'm hitting the library tonight and am going to get a book or 2 on writing and one on knitting
I need to get my creative juices flowing!
We're going to put the pantry up tonight so we can have our kitchen back!
Eating is crap I'm tired of salad! I'm goign to cruise some boards looking for good recipes Baked chicken isn't cutting it anymore!
bbiab
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 01:11 PM   #5  
prepare for the BEST time

hiya goils......

KO you are on my wavelength, see the thread I started yesterday in BL section, good ideas for my stale brain to process. and the food network site has printable recipes...I like the ones from Rachel Ray's 30 min. meals.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 01:25 PM   #6  

Good morning everyone

Last night was the 1st night that I had a good sleep since before last weekend....the bronchitis is improving a little....I ended up sleeping on the couch again last night....so my head would be higher. I am still coughing quite a bit.

I have lost 24.4 lbs. now....through the summer....& into September I thought about giving up on the dieting...I was getting tired of doing it....but I am back with it....still doing Weight Watchers online.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 07:09 PM   #7  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello Ladies… I guess I forgot to post in Wednesday’s thread… unless I posted in Tuesday thread on accident… I’m having one of those days body here brain gone!

I weighed at the doc’s office today… I’m going to weigh in on my scale tommorrow to see what the difference is… but 353lbs. that’s 9lbs gone since July. It kinda sounds small for 2 months, but! Being as how I went to vegas in August and Laughlin two weeks ago… those buffets really packed it to me! So I’m happy with it.

The only thing I’m not happy with is all my bouncing around with my weight.

CIN – those bugs going around are a nasty one from what I hear this year. Take care of yourself and drink plenty of fluids! I woke up this morning and I was like echoing in my right ear. I am afraid it might be a sign of things yet to come!! Hopefully I’ll get away this year with a mild bug. *big hugz*

Marble – what are the steroids for?

April – yes, definitely a good idea keeping somewhat elevated! Helps the draining too.

Stephanie – sorry to hear about the computer but glad you are still keeping in touch when you can! You know what I noticed… when I went awol from the site a while ago, I started to gain weight again as well. It’s like the ladies here keep me honest and keep me going. I am sure you will be able to find your motivation again! *big hugz*

Kierie – I know how you feel about the salads! It’s get to a point where eating the same thing over and over again is getting really crazy. I tried a few recipes from this site that came out pretty good. Good luck on your search!

My doctor told me today that I might want to seek more better services for my asthma… After those fires in 2003, it’s been horrible. She said the Campus Health Center can only provide so much. Which I understand. I didn’t think it was that bad. She listened to my chest and even tho I felt fine, she said I sounded tight and had some wheezing. She said I may need to be on more stronger meds. Right now, I don’t think that will be possible for me. I dunno if I qualify for low income coverage. But soon I should be able to qualify for medical at work now that I’ve passed my 9 month probation period. We shall see…I gotta get running… have class tonight.

Take care everyone!
Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 09:04 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

hey gang
we have been running like crazy - but wanted to let ya'll know that my dh called this afternoon and said that the electricity came on at our house - i can barely believe it - but he says it's true. There are only a few houses on our road with electricity and we are one of them. if it is still on in the morning then me and my oldest son will head back. we will have several people staying in our house for awhile but that is fine - i am learning to just roll with the punches. my youngest son will head home sunday evening.

i am hoping since the phone now works at the house that i will have dsl for the internet and that i will get a minute to post - but if not - please know that i am at home and fine (AND CLEANING) and that i will post when i have internet service

hugs & prayers,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 11:26 PM   #9  

April and Cin you gave me your cold and I don't have time to be sick......I have a sore throat and headache.........dizzy etc. This too shall pass.

(((((((Cathy))))))))) hang in there darling!

HI everyone else.

Going to bed.

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 01:54 AM   #10  

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode][COLOR=Purple]Hi marbleflys! Thanks to April, I found my way to this thread! Thanks again April!

Ashlie...You sound like me and my computer. Mine gets steadily slower everyday, and "somehow" my CD-ROM has stopped readiing disk, and I have no hardware backup disks! My kids are driving me crazy(er) because they can't do what they're used to do on the computer. I'm really trying to lose weight, but I stay in a constant state of stress and being overwhelmrd, so I eat! You sound like a great organized housewife and cleaner! I wish that I could get motivated to be like you!

I hope that you are doinf well and have a wonderful day...

Leenie...what a beautiful prayer!

CIN,
Me and my DH are recuperating from colds too. We are both still hacking away too.The weather here in DC is starting to get cooler too. It's 56 right now. I hate it. I grew up in Ohio, but haven't lived there since 1980, and I can't take the cold like I used to.

Other than your cold, how are you today?

Later

Hi KO:
So you love the fall too. I used to, but with this weight gain, I don't like even going out of the house - no clothes to fit me or to wear! My DD has 2 book reports to work on over the weekend, so I'll be either hitting Borders or the library to get her some books to read. So, are you working on your kitchen too? We are in the middle of redoing ours..... Eating does become crap when your kitchen is all torn up! At least you can bake chicken! Our new stove is sitting in the foyer - we haven't put the new floor down yet.........

April.....Sorry to hear that you have bronchitis. My husband and I take turns on the couch to avoid each others snoring and so we can have more room. I'm still going to checkout Slimfast online.

Hi SueMarie.....I like your exprssion - body here brain gone. My Godsister call it Senior moments! I'm having ear trouble too. I have an appt. for Monday - they both itch relentlessly!

Cathy
Kudos to you for surviving in Louisiana!

Well, since I'm new, I hope that I can fit in here. Going to bed.

Casper
Casper5AXTSU76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 07:59 AM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Welcome Casper :d
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 03:05 PM   #12  
Oooo Silly Me!

Cathy – I’m glad to see that things are progressing or at least there are attempts to progress… I heard a lot of rumors that people wouldn’t get electricity or water for quite a while, I guess they are making a move on that… GOOD! *big hugz* Take care!

Casper – WELCOME! Glad to see you here! The ladies are wonderful here and very supportive and motivating!

I cannot believe it’s FRIDAY! Man! I thought the week was never going to end. If this is what it’s going to look like for the rest of Fall Term, boy am I in trouble! Cause this is only the first week… barely… and I mean barely survived! It’s not so much the homework… I feel like I have ADD only because I can’t stand being where I’m at and wanna jump out a window and just run away. My motivation for school used to be super high… now it’s like “Blah” I guess I’m just waiting for the payoff… it’s like doing the same good deed over and over again and getting nothing out of it. That’s a bad way to say it, but that’s how it feels. Come March when I graduate, maybe I’ll feel renewed. Course then there’s another year to year and half of credentials I need to work on hehehe… gonna need that renewal!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Take care!
Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote