Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-17-2005, 11:12 PM   #1  
Oreo Monger

Red face PMS anyone?

Actually, I don't know what it is. But anyways, after a long discussion with my mother a couple months ago, I decided to try some pills for "PMS". My mother thought it was causing my depression, and I think she was right. I am not sure exactly what it is, but it might be the PMS thing or the fact that the women in my family have problems with high levels of estrogen. So my mother suggested some pills (I swear she's better than a doctor!), and I've been taking them for two months. Even though I still get cravings and want bad food, they seem to have taken the "edge" off. They seem to have calmed my depression, anger issues, and impatience. It's very strange. When I get to the point where I know I should be ready to lose my patience, temper, or just start bawling, I take a deep breath and shrug it off. I'm not saying these pills are a miracle cure or even that they are what has been giving me these extra "umph", but they seem to be what keeps me going. There have been two or three days that I have forgotten to take them, and the next day, I have trouble keeping myself in balance. So if any of you have been told or think that your depression may be a result of "womanly" problems, you might consider looking into what I take....I take two different pills..One is a GNC PMS formula (MONSTEROUS pills, but worth it still) and the other is just Kelp pills...I'd like to know if anyone else has tried these, too, and if they worked long-term for you?
manicbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 01:24 AM   #2  

How interesting. I (and my boyfriend) notice that my depression and outbursts towards him and the kids tend to be closer to that time of the month. There are months I want to crawl into a hole until I start b/c the people around me suffer from my impatience and sensitivity.
AliLewis328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 08:04 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I get very moody and impatient before my period too. But before using any medication, over the counter or not, please ask your doctors. If you are on meds now, some times adding another can interfear. Talk to your doctor first and don't mix meds.

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 10:45 AM   #4  
Simply Noble

S/C/G: 320/258/175

Height: 5'4"

Yeah I know all about that. For years I thought something was really wrong with me. I would be really depressed or really angry the week or so before my period. it was awful I would get so angry I'd just explode or I'd cry all week uncontrolably . Finally discovered I have PMDD (PMSx10) It was really making my life miserable I lost friends over it and my poor husband took so much abuse. It affected my job and every part of my life. I just stayed away from people.
I started taking Estroven about 3 years ago and as long as I remember to take it every day the symptoms stay away. I's a miricale for me. I'm so much happier and lesss tressed out and I sleep a lot beter. I also have a lot less anxiety. I used to have terrible axiety and panic attacks.

PMDD is complicated but it is mainly that I don't make enough progesterone which you make at the part of your cycle right before you menstuate and it makes you feel all happy and good about things. Since it is not there when estrogen levels drop it sends me into an emotional spin and can be really scary and make you feel like you have mental problems.

It was such a relief to find out I was not going crazy and to find something that made it better.
Cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote