Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-08-2005, 07:30 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Thursday Sept 8 Chat

Hey ladies
We retracted our bid on the other house and now have a bid on a gorgeous Condo?
Care for a cup of Stress?
I'll be back when I'm at work just wanted y'all to know
-Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 10:14 AM   #2  
CIN

Good Morning Gals
A quick post then off for my monthly hair cut.

KO.not to confuse you but be careful with the condo. We lived in one for 8 years and moved a year ago.I walked past it this morning and still miss many aspects of it HOWEVER inquire lots about maintenance fees and assessments for necessary work on ther complex...also inquire about additional yearly homeowners insurance and the board for the association.it is usually made up of homeowners and a thankless job. Trying to get a 2/3 vote on an assessment was a nightmare......we ended up having to make our own outside repairs for the tune of $12,000......yes 12 thousand dollars....I loved the yard maintenance,pool & lake and spaciousness. Community living can be a challenge unless you get along well with all kinds of people.people who may not be as neat or messy as you..............think about every aspect!

Gotta go

Later taters
Hope everyone has a good day!
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 10:41 AM   #3  

Default I am loving this week off thing! :)

So nice to get things done around the house, touch base with people......yesterday afternoon I lay in the sun like a kitten in my front room.....and dozed........it iwas delicious.

I have been doing a few things to get ready for my new job, have to take some courses and get my kids busy in their activities.

Now I must get busy in the kitchen......I am making a big roaster of chicken for a freind of mine who has 5 kids and is struggling to make ends meet right now......two of the kids are teenaged boys so they eat!

Ok.......have a good one everyone!

Hi Cin HI Kierie
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 11:03 AM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Liz that afternoon sounds Delish Can i do that today ( do you think they'd mmind at my job if i stretched out on the floor?)
Cin thanks for the input! We're not even sure whats going to happen the sellers are putting forth all kinds of conditions now.
I'm kindof hoping it doesn't appraise for the price then we can walk away.
I'm pondering going through my Core Material again b/c SBD is very expensive our food bill Jumped to $210 a month from about 150
why is it so expensive to eat healthy?
sorry to be a grump long day at work
I'm going to ask El Shrinko tonight if I can up the wellbutrin and see how it goes just a test.
gotta run
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 11:39 AM   #5  
CIN

KO
If you need help with Core I will gladly help you........................I am a Core "fan" and maintain well on it.have since it came out last August.
Just ask............it works well.

Fresh fruit and veggies cost $$$$$$$$$$$ however canned and frozen work well too..................
Later
Old 09-08-2005, 11:41 AM   #6  
CIN

Liz
I am so glad you are enjoying your time off and hope you get the day job!
You deserve it!
Enjoy!
Old 09-08-2005, 02:10 PM   #7  

I GOT the day job.......I already told you all! I start next MOnday after my week off!

Liz
Old 09-08-2005, 02:48 PM   #8  

Good morning all

I am back home.....I called DS1 this morning....DDIL is having her gallbladder out at 3 this afternoon. A friend of theirs stayed overnight to feed the baby in the night....that was really nice....so DS1 got a full night of sleep.

My allergies are really terrible sice I got home.....DH didn't change the sheets while I was away....so that is number 1 on the list of things to do.....I had a hard time getting up today.....it's from the Celexa.

Liz....what area of nursing will you be working in?.....it's nice to have a day job.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 02:52 PM   #9  
prepare for the BEST time

Cograts Liz!!!!

Hey CO----I live in a townhouse and my maintenance fees are expensive, but the property is well maintained by a management group with on site administrator and daily maintenance staff....but there are always problems...for the amount of $$ I pay the place should look like a golf course! Real Estate values have more than tripled since i bought 18 years ago, hence all my renovations.

I've been pickeling my french doors and shopping for new interior stuff, spending $$ like I'm Oprah.....then hyperventilating about it.....

Developed a severe allergic reaction to the contact dermatitis on my arm (poison ivy).

It swelled to the size of my thigh and I looked like a burn victim....went to my doc. yesterday who front-loaded me on steroids and 3 different histimine blockers and a new sleeping med, to counter-act the steroids (which make me squirrelly)...The result was me over-sleeping by 3.5 hours today and feeling like the walking DEAD...(but i look "rested"

so I'm not exercsing this week but I have no real appetite...feel so blah, I can't appreciate the BEAUTIFUL work I've done on my wood....maybe when the fog lifts.

cathy, I hope you are welll....we sent several docs. and PAs to LA today to work with ID and peds.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 03:08 PM   #10  

MMarie:

just catching up on my reading......Did you know that I am the President and CEO of the club...."Mothers who have selfish, self-centered children"....Our topic for discussion this week is titled...."I was there for the birth, now I am *annoying*......how to get through a conversation with your adult child without anger"

Step #1--They are adults, take them off your payroll
Step #2--I am not that desperate for a relationship with my child that I become a doormat
Step#3---Just say "NO" (video conference with Nancy Reagan)
Step#4---My house is not YOUR HOUSE or a storage facility for my your overflow, 30 days to a clean room......and lots of donations (tax-deductable) to the Vietnam Vets.
Step #5---Offering sympathy without giving out cash
Step #6---You won't help me? I won't help you..... (previously titled, you're selfish, I'm apathetic)
Old 09-08-2005, 03:55 PM   #11  
CIN

Liz Yeah!! Sorry I missed that post......when I miss a day or two I dont go back always and read everything! For some reason I thought you were waiting to hear or "hoping" it works better for you.I am happy for you.

Marble....I hear you...I have been through a lot with my oldest....she is the one with the 4 kids....right now we are fine. I have to believe SOMEDAY it will be better....I know she loves me and she KNOWS I love her. I have to back off and keep quiet sometimes.................it seems to help.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:36 PM   #12  

How do you think I gained back the weight....I have these special "chocolate socks" I stuff in my mouth to keep it shut...when I want to scream "but WHY are you doing the same stupid things over and over"....
Old 09-08-2005, 05:47 PM   #13  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Marble, I love you!!! Your post made me laugh and cry at the same time. I like all the steps - especially my house is not (their) house. I cut and pasted into word and I'm going to put it on my fridge. I think that's called passive aggressive for when DS takes some of my soda this weekend he'll see it. Thank you so much for the laugh and post. Really I already printed it and it's ready for the fridge.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 08:53 PM   #14  

LOL sometimes you have to laugh AND cry!

No prob Cin half the time I have no clue what is going on around here!

Thanks for the congrats...........I have been slaving away all day and I am tired..........this staying home full time and getting what needs to be done is hard work! I made chicken catcatorrie today, chicken baked, supper (more chicken, mashed potato, garden veggies), went for a long walk, picked up dd13 and her two friends from school for lunch and took them back,did two loads of dishes, laundry, and 100's of other things.....I need to get back to work and have a rest

Hope you are all well..........talk soon!

Liz
Old 09-08-2005, 10:35 PM   #15  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Evening all, well I broke down and went to the dr. today. My asthma was so out of control I couldn't do my job (occasionally I have to talk to people when not surfing on 3FC) and I definitely couldn't exercise anymore. So I'm on a full pack of prednisone and did a nebulizer treatment at the dr. I already feel a bit better. But damn, the dr. said no exercise because my pulse-ox was too low. Bummer, huh? Never had a dr. tell me not to exercise.

Marble, the message is on my fridge - I just really like the steps. Really, really I do. I saw DS1 before the dr. appointment and we're still not really talking. Either he apologizes for not helping on the room or we stay as we are. GF told me last night that he said I'd get over it so he wasn't going to do anything. Oooooo, I saw red with that statement. I do think when he plans on moving into the room next weekend he'll be in for a surprise that it's not done. I can't work on it anymore (it's what aggravated already irritated bronchial tubes) and DH has Guard weekend this weekend. Too bad for DS1.

Today went good at work basically. The rush of the start of the school year is over and now I get to drift through the year. Occasionally there are bumps where I have some stress, but nothing like the last 2 weeks.

So work is better, the asthma is going to get better, we're closing on our home equity loan on Saturday and only the sluggish son remains an irritant. That's not to bad. I can deal with that.

Liz, I agree staying home is sometimes more work than work is. During my 5 weeks off in the summer, I work twice as hard - cleaning the house, being miss homemaker, etc. Weekends are usually the same way but I always look forward to them. And tomorrow is Friday. Have fun starting the new job on Monday!
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote