Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-30-2005, 08:07 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Red face Tuesday, August 30th - Chat

Good Morning

Hope everyone down south is doing okay. I heard about the horrible destruction that is happening down there. Please know that you are all in our prayers. HUGS & KISSES

Whats everyone up to this lovely rainy tuesday morning ?

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 08:35 AM   #2  

Off to my job interview and tomorrow is the first day of school...........so me being me I am anxious and down........... must be the strangest person in town.......my husband just shakes his head..........he said I will be more prepared than the people interviewing me due to my prep for the interview but I don't feel that ready. OH well......I'll keep you posted.

Have a good day everyone.

All the best to those affected by the storm.

Liz

Hi Leens!
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 09:51 AM   #3  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Liz, you're in my prayers today. I hope you get that job. Your life will be much less hectic. I don't know how you do the mixed shifts. You'll blow the interviewers away.

Prayers to all in the storms path. O my what a scary storm.

Hi Leens, it sunny and dry here. A side effect of living in the desert.

A long day today at work. I will be glad when it is over.

Had weighin this morning and stayed the same. I was a little bummed, but then I remembered it wasn't a gain. I bet Friday's weighin will get the old scale to give me a loss. I can hope can't I?

TTYL.
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 09:54 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Liz GOOD LUCK !!!

Marie your doing wonderful w/your weight loss. Maybe your body is just catching up Keep it up.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 11:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

we are all fine on this side of Louisiana. Everybody is still over here bec they cannot go home. Roads are gone and water is everywhere. The news that is coming out of New Orleans and the surrounding areas is horrific! it makes everyones hearts very heavy. I had to turn the news off for a little while or I will not be able to pick my heart up off the floor.

Leen - do you have any way to get in touch with Kemp? I just wonder how she is doing? wasn't she somewhere around Baton Rouge?

Liz - I am praying for you right now! I know your interview will go GREAT and you will be GREAT! hope you are not too nervous and can be yourself! I'm sure you'll be fine once you get started! Please let us know how it goes as soon as you can! hugs!

Leenie - busy at work today?

MMarie - you are doing absolutely GREAT with your weightloss! Those old meanie scales don't show the true picture most of the time. Just give it a good kick and tell it to be nice to you! Hang in there girlie! Why do you have a long day at work today?

Anybody here ever listen to Casting Crowns? they are a contemporary Christian group and sing "Who Am I" and "If We Are the Body". They have a new album that is being released today. I'm gonna run to the Christian Book Store at noon and pick one up. I love their music.

Ok busy at work - later gaters!
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 11:29 AM   #6  
prepare for the BEST time

Cathy, you're right, some music will perk you guys up a bit.....I couldn't watch the news either, being from the Northeast, I've never experienced a devasting destruction like this (our snow is mostly piddly too, sometimes we get a bunch or some ice, but nothing life-threatening or power loss). I hope the worst is over, except for the assessment.

Liz will be fine and do well on her interview. Marie, don't get discouraged, it must be WATER retention?

I wish my scale would move.....I can see my waistline returning, but "sustaining the effort" is getting hard. I'm trying some different ab work with my weight bench....I FEEL it, (ouch!) but don't see it. The only difference is that I can now run up 3 flights of stairs without getting too winded.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 07:59 PM   #7  

Hi everyone.....It is raining here near Vancouver....all day....but it rains a lot here.

I am tired today.....DS1 woke me up around 2:30 A.M.....DDIL was having chest pains....finding it hard to breathe....they called an ambulance....they got home around 7 A.M.....meanwhile I stayed home with the baby....fed her at 4:30 A.M......DDIL....it turned out to be acid reflux....so everyone is tired today.

Not too much else new.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 02:08 AM   #8  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello Everyone…

Cathy – I am so glad things are good for you and your family. My heart just breaks hearing all the peoples stories. One that sticks in my mind is the man who was holding onto his wife and she told him to take care of the kids and she slipped from his hands :’( I have heard of Casting Crowns. I listen to Air1 which plays what they call Positive Alternative and Christian Rock. They are a Nationwide radio station that is commercial free and listener supported. I like Tree63 “Blessed be the Name” and I love Barlow Girl and Zoe Girl ooh and Seventh Day Slumber and City on a Hill hehehe… I listen to country too

Okie… this morning I sucked up my pride and stepped on the scale. I gained 2lbs back. But ya know, I let out a sigh of relief because I thought it was going to be worse. I honestly feel ok about this. It’s a gain, but it could have been worse right?

I’ll be doing a lot of house work over the next week. I have a BBQ to prepare for on Friday, and a birthday party to prepare for a week after that. Plus I’ve started work again so that’s gonna be added exercise. It was actually a very non-hectic first day back. Usually the first day back all the students are in rampant hysteria where’s this class, where’s this teacher, why do I have this class?? I think I am actually looking forward to this years school year.

Hope everyone is doing well…

Sorry such a short post… been rather busy.

Take care!
Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote