Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-22-2005, 05:10 PM   #1  
resident weirdo

Default Wth is up with scales & speed

lol okay What is with this...I step on the scale very slowly i get a lower number, i step on the scale more fast i get a higher number. How do I know whats right?
kittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 05:47 PM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

You may be almost getting a jumping effect onto the scale when you step on quickly which might read as more weight. That's the only thing I can think of. Otherwise it may just be a screwy scale.
JuliaTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 06:53 PM   #3  
resident weirdo

That sounds good. So I can stick with the stepping on very slowly number. lol. Cause I couldn't see why it would make that much of a difference.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:52 AM   #4  
prepare for the BEST time

I always approach my scale in a cauteous manner so I don't *scare* it and it will give me a higher number.... i step on slowly while exhaling and with my eyes closed....
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 11:14 AM   #5  
resident weirdo

Hehe, I scare mine every morning. But that makes sense I shall step only slowly.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:26 AM   #6  

Height: 5'5"

Do you have one of those spring/dial scales or a digital one? My non-digital, extremely low tech scale does the same thing. I've tried weighing 25 lb plates and it's accurate if I set them on slowly, but when I set them on and then jump on them (yes, I am crazy) it's always a bit high.
JoyfulVegGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 01:14 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Put a 5 lb bag of flour or sugar on your scale to see if its correct.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 01:20 PM   #8  
prepare for the BEST time

My cat's weight of 22 lbs. is accurate on my digital scale whether he checks his bodyfat and water weight, I don't know, he's not telling.....

The scale is a highly sensitive animal, probably due to the volatile atmosphere it grew up in, the yelling, the crying, the screaming, it also endures much abuse as I kick it constantly.....the scale welfare worker tried to remove it from my home once, but it returned....it cowers in the corner just waiting for the next tirade.....
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 09:44 PM   #9  
low-carb forever!

S/C/G: 206/137/137

Height: 5'7"

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyfulVegGirl
Do you have one of those spring/dial scales or a digital one? My non-digital, extremely low tech scale does the same thing. I've tried weighing 25 lb plates and it's accurate if I set them on slowly, but when I set them on and then jump on them (yes, I am crazy) it's always a bit high.
Oh wow....our weight loss number nearly match!

I'm 206/146/140.
FatVictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 12:35 PM   #10  
resident weirdo

lol Yea I have one of the low tech ones xD But I don't want to buy a digital cause that extra decimal will make me even more crazy. I already weight 2-3 times a day...So I'm fine just stepping on this one slowly. ^.^