Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-18-2005, 05:39 AM   #1  
I CAN DO THIS

Default Thursday Chat ~ August 18th

Good Morning Ladies..

just popped in to say hello

up very early this morning or more like haven't really slept. I went to bed at 10pm woke up at 12 am and still haven't beenback to sleep.. I'm just wide awake. I think this happens everytime I take Claritin-D for my allergies.

it's going tobe a long day... hope eveyone has a good one

/hugs
Stephanie
Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 08:31 AM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Steph I hear ya I slept like crap too!
My filling came out and so did a post in my tooth so Dentist today yay bleh I get to stay at work till 6 tonight b/c of it.
Marie to change your ticker (I just found this out go into change sig and the html thingie for your ticker and you can just change the #s
back to work!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 09:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

I was up late and up early this morning too! Us gals just don't have enough time to sleep which is really a shame bec they are saying that getting enough sleep really helps with the weightloss

My youngest son left at 5 this morning with his truck loaded down with his girlfriend's stuff for her dorm room. She is in her car that is also loaded down. So they will spend the day driving to LSU and getting all of her stuff back into her dorm room. Everybody starts college classes on Monday here. His at McNeese and hers at LSU.

Public school started yesterday and you can certainly tell it by the traffic. I have to leave a good 15 minutes earlier when school is in.

Stephanie - it's good to see you! Hope everything works out with you and the move! and I hope your first grader enjoys his 2nd day of school also How old is your little one that is not in school yet?

MMarie - CONGRATS on being a grandmother!!! It is obvious how excited you are about it! that's great! It's also obvious that this sweet little baby will be greatly loved! that's AWESOME! congrats on the weightloss too! I was wondering what supplement made you throw up - I'm just curious bec vitamins also make me sick to my stomach. Once I tried those new One a Day vitamins for weight loss and boy oh boy did they make me sick! I just could not keep them down. I'm funny that away!

Manicbelle - you have lost 45 lbs! THAT IS AWESOME GIRLIE!

Leenie - whasssssup girlie?

Kierie - CONGRATS on the weightloss! your scale sure is moving in the right direction! awesome! Hope the dentist is able to fix your tooth as good as new!

SueMarie - don't be too hard on those poor waitresses remember to do unto others as you would have them do unto you ya'll have fun! hope your cousin doesn't drive you nuts

Marbles - how is the construction going?

April - so very glad to hear that the grand is doing better!

Cin - how are your meetings going? how are you feeling? when do your grandkids start school?

Hope everybody has a great day! Heat index will be 105 here today

hugs,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 08-18-2005 at 09:36 AM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 09:46 AM   #4  
CIN

Goooooooooooooooooood Morning
And that it is! If you woke up above ground today count yourself blessed!

I was reading yesterdays posting trying to remember if I posted or not.Then Cathy popped in here when I was going to!

Cathy & I are very much like each other so DITTO to everyone on what she said.............................she took the time to post it all so I will agree with her!(every word)

The Grandmother congrats especially...............................now living that close has advantages and some disadvantages and I know from experience but I won't go there....you will find out yourself......and it may be different for your family!

I walked almost 2 miles this morning...................a few weeks ago I could only walk to the corner..so I am pleased.it feels so good to feel "normal" again. I led all 5 of my WW meetings this week. It was like a family reunion after a 9-10 week leave !

Well....I am off to run errands after a shower !
With gas prices I will have top plan my miles!

Later taters
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 11:45 AM   #5  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Default I Feel Friday is a Comin'

Cin!!!! 2 Miles!!! :strong You are just doing awesome. Is the tiredness starting to ebb? Can you believe how far you've come in just a little while?

Cathy, I don't know which one did it. I went the health food route and tried them all. Now I didn't take any and I feel better. I will add them in one at a time when my stomach calms down. I also have One A Day and that could be the culprit. Once benefit is that I don't want to eat. Hopefully I'll lose weight as I try to get the supplements right. BTW, I have Armour Thyroid now. I hope it isn't he stomach culprit.

Kierie, sorry about the poor night sleep - you too Ashlie. When I'm manic (like now) I sleep horribly every day for about 6 weeks. I'm starting to get used to it. But my dr. said I could take melatonin and that it's not addictive. At least I get about 3 hours a night with that. So, melatonin might help some. and Kierie thanks for the tip on the tracker - when I tried to edit it, it was a png picture file and wouldn't let me change the html. I will try again, though. Now that it's moving (and in the right direction), I've got to get it to work.

I'm at work, unhappily, since I would much rather be at home enjoying the beautiful summer day. Can you all believe that summer is almost over? I think this was the shortest summer in OR on record since good weather didn't start until mid-June. Oh well, I'm happy and alive - can't beat that.

Cathy, don't sweat too much. 105 is a little high. I have trouble with the humidity in the non-desert areas. I don't mind when my thermometer says 112 - I just hate when it's sticky (very seldom here).

Time to get back to work before someone sees me playing with all the smiley faces.
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 12:46 PM   #6  

Morning everyone

On my six days off.........have been cooking and cleaning like crazy feels great!

Yesterday I even scrap booked for a day. I am only about 7 months behind now..............

Rainy days here.........need to get out and clean up my garden.........the thistles are thriving with all this moisture.

Gotta run.......

Have a good one!

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 02:18 PM   #7  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hey Liz, my scrapbooks are only 15 years behind - so - you're doing great. Also, when you're done removing the thistles from your garden, my pool area looks like a big weed. It's so overwhelming I can't even start on it.

I'm hungry so my stomach must be recovering. I want to go home - I'm so bored at work. But I must work so back to it...
Old 08-18-2005, 02:20 PM   #8  

Hi Ladies I am new here.. I saw yout thread and thought i would jump right in..My name is Sherry I am 38 and live in Tenneessee and due to the loss of my oldest son last OCT I suffer from sever depression and tramatic shock syndrum (sp) I gained about 30 pounds in 4-5 months. I joined WW in June and had lost 9 pounds (I gained 1 pound back this week ) i hope ya'll dont mine me just jumping in here,
Wannabe9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 02:53 PM   #9  
Getting healthy

Hi Wannabe, I'm pretty new here too, but welcome to the board! I have been struggling with weight for years, but I'm determined this time and it is going to be the real thing (I also have Bipolar disorder). I hope to see you and everyone else around here!
Nice to meet you all!

Last edited by BostonMox; 08-18-2005 at 02:56 PM.
BostonMox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 02:58 PM   #10  
CIN

Sherry
A warm WELCOME to you!
Consider yourself hugged .......I cannot imagine your loss...................some in here have had such a loss.

Glad to have you.I am not far away I am in Ky...................UK vs Tenn. big rival as I am sure you know when it comes to basketball that is!

Once again.......welcome!

Sincerely
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 02:59 PM   #11  

MMarie!!! I am so glad that you have switched to Armour! that is great! I hope you get to feeling better. When did you start the Armour? If you don't mind, can I ask, what dosage of Synthroid were you taking and what dosage are you taking of Armour?

Sounds like your tummy problems had to be from your new supplements. Armour doesn't cause any stomach problems.

But guess what I was just reading - I learned something new today (believe it or not haha) - that people who are hypothyroid are often very sensitive to supplements bec we don't break them down well. A lot of people with thyroid problems have to take their vitamin in liquid form. I did not know that before today. I just knew that for as long as I can remember I've always had a hard time keeping my vitamins down. Actually I gave up trying a long time ago, but now that I am on Armour, I take a Calcium, Magnesium & Zinc vitamin at night with no problem. I just thought it was bec it didn't have other vitamins with it like iron and such. I think it might be bec my thyroid problem is finally better! Interesting huh!

I so hope you get to feeling better! keep me posted

hugs,
cathy
Old 08-18-2005, 03:05 PM   #12  

Cin - CONGRATS on walking the 2 miles! girl that is AWESOME!
I totally agree with MMarie - you have come such a long way in a short time!

Liz - sounds like you are busy busy busy - like always! hugs!

Welcome Sherry - it's nice to meet you! I am very sorry for your loss! Hope that the support and encouragement here will help you! It's a great place to be!

Hi BostonMox - nice to meet you too! and look forward to getting to know you!

Wonder where our Leenie Leen Leen is today????

hugs,
cathy
Old 08-18-2005, 03:38 PM   #13  
Oooo Silly Me!

Cathy – OOHH Back to College… yes I know that all to well… that will be coming up for me in September. I belive around the 20th or 23rd. As for public school… I go back to work on the 29th of August too soon for me, but at least I get the hectic part over before classes start for me at the college. The first two weeks back at work are crazy! Students loose their schedule, Administration looses everyones paycheck over the summer, Tracking down the RSP kids, kids going into the wrong classroom! Whew!

Cin – so glad things have gotten back to “normal” for ya, at least as close as possible to “normal” that you feel like yourself again

Mmarie – I hate the humidity as well… my asthma kicks into overtime! I used to live in Ohio, New York, and Florida, and I would constantly be hospitalized for pneumonia or asthma. That was my whole childhood Everyone told me once I moved to California I would be in big trouble because of the smog… In the 13 years I been here, I only had 2 major attacks, unlike the majors attacks I got every other week back east…

Liz – I really should get back to scrabooking I have so many projects started and none of them finished!

Wannabe – WELCOME SHERRY! I’m sorry to hear about your loss, and I can only imagine what you must feel like. I lost my grandmother a while ago and she was the only person in the world who really understood me. The funny thing is, she spoke Thai and I spoke broken Thai, so there was a language barrier. But we still understood each other. That was in 1995… it still lingers around, but I’ve managed to maintain my depression. I know you will too! *big hugz*

BostonMox – WELCOME I too have put my foot down and said THIS IS THE TIME! I wish you all the best. Glad to see you here.

I’m looking forward to going to the gym today. James is my own personal trainer. Had I known he knew so much I would have made him get a membership a LONG time ago. He used to run cross country so he knows all the exercises and how to do them. He told methe other day, he used to get up every morning before school and run 5-6 miles everyday. The three times a week he would swim a few miles. And then he would bike at least 50 miles a week and then hit the gym. My jaw dropped. I didn’t know the human body could do that!!!!!!

I asked him, how in the heck (I used a different word ) did you find time to do it all… he said he always had time. Then I said your social life must have sucked he said what’s a social life. :-p

What I would really like to know is, why didn’t he mention this before?! Anyways when we went to the gym the last few times, he’s told me which machines to use, what a good order is, and some good techniques. Mentioned like work on machines that work more than one muscle first. Then work on the antagonistic machines. Like if you are doing an exercise that is pulling down with your arms, do a pushing up with arms. He said go from general muscles to specific muscles. Basically do the weights that work a group of muscles then later towards end of workout, use a machine that does a specific muscle. The the curls which work the tri cep or bi cep. Work on one region of the body one day and another region the next day. Like upper body then lower body. I don’t say this to anyone as professional advice, just what he’s told me (so please don’t use it as advice) It sounded good to me. I’ve been trying to do all the machines that work the whole body and when I got home I was just sore and tired. Since I’ve been doing what he’s said, I’ve actually felt better and not so wasted all over.

Anyways, I think I talked you guys ears off enough… I’ll catch you all later!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 05:30 PM   #14  
Lifelong Journey Member

Welcome Sherry and BostonMox (I don't think I welcomed you earlier). We have a great board here. I have learned so much and am able to bounce my sometimes dingy ideas off them all and not feel judged just because I do my own thing in regards to my mental health.

Cathy, half a grain and I just started last week. Because of the upset stomach I stopped it too, but I will try again when I get home. I promise. That's very interesting about not breaking down the vitamins. I swear I feel better without them but my psychiatrist wants me to take them. But heck, she wants me to take my mind altering drugs too. I listen just so well.

SueMarie, I really don't envy you going back to school. It was bad enough to go back to work after 5 weeks off, but to do both would floor me. As it is I don't have enough time for my personal life when I work. It's funny how we adjust, though. And boy can I relate with you about the humidity and asthma. I don't think I ever had it as bad as you (just once but it was winter and I was sick as a dog when the asthma said it was done and breathing was no longer necessary). I'm glad that the smog doesn't get to you. I know it would aggravate the bronchial tubes, but I don't know that it would set off my asthma. Mine is bad with colds, allergies, exercise and cold air. Past that, I'm a healthy breather since I moved to OR. I'm very happy that CA has made you one too. Must be the west coast thing.

I am still bored as can be at work. I have 63 minutes left but would I really count that accurately (heck, yes - I want to go home).

Have any of you worked with Ditech.com? We're doing a 2nd mortgage through them and they were really efficient in getting the loan docs to us and approving it. Now they're dragging their feet because the appraiser isn't doing their job. I suggested they hire a different appraiser and haven't heard from them since. So, anyone have any words of wisdom?

Back to paying attention to work...