Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 05:04 PM   #196  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

My three cents worth (!) -

I was on Celexa (up to 40mg) and couldn't have lost weight if I tried - which I didn't.

Now I am on a completely different drug and MUCH more in control - things just make sense in my head now

Heather
Old 03-29-2007, 11:33 PM   #197  

Talking Didn't know - THANKS!

WOW!! yah learns something new everyday! I had no idea that antidepressants could lead to weight gain! Now last year of my life makes a little more sense to me! Did you also know that there is a depression and migraine link? It has to do with serotonin. (Apart from the fact that 25 migraines a month just makes you depressed!) That was something I learned about 7 months ago. I have chonic migraines and it suddenly all made sense!

I actually had to wean off the antidepressants. I was sucha zombie on them that I didn't feel like it helped the depression - I couldn't function on them for different reasons than when I wasn't taking them but it still all led to frustration and depression and anxiety because I was unable to keep up with even the basics of life!

So I am currently going the natural supplement route - I found an M.D. who doesn't frown on that route and am having pretty good success - with migraines and depression - and hopefully now the weight issue won't be so bad!

By th way I just found this site today - it's so cool!
Old 03-31-2007, 10:48 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 155/138/125

Height: 5'4"

Default natural suppliments

Do tel,what natural stuff I would be interested to hear about what you are taking.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:00 PM   #199  

Default lost weight????????

I lost 6 pounds on la weight loss and effexor,I hope this is a new trend I will know for sure at my next weigh in.maybe then I can stop with my self loathing.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:10 PM   #200  
Carolyn

S/C/G: 146/113/110

Height: 5.1

I only gained a few pounds ~ maybe 10 tops ~ on Zoloft and Depakote. Some of it most have been do to lack of exercising and too much sleeping. BUT I gained another 40 pounds in four years on Seroquel which is an anti psychotic for the voices and visions I have. Now, I'm on Geodon instead and it took ALL of the weight off.

Geodon has definitely affected my appetite. It's almost non existent. I actually have to make myself eat something for lunch and dinner. It may have also increased my metabolism.

I've written to Pfizer and suggested that they isolate the component within Geodon that causes weight loss.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:35 PM   #201  

Default where can I get It!!!

Is it ok to take for anxiety? How much? I am in canada is it available here?
Closed Thread