Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-23-2005, 07:12 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekend Chat - July 23rd & 24th

Good Morning,

Happy Weekend

I don't have much time today, I have to give DD a shower and then run her off to the mall for her yearly pictures.

My house is a mess, I mean a MESS ...... any takers

What are you up to this weekend?

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 10:03 AM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Leens Good Morning!
Yesterday we were let out of work early so my gf and I got manicures and waxed my eyebrows were borderline wookie.
today is coiff day here DH is getting a haircut and so am I! YAY then errands etc hopefully something fun tonight
I don't think I'm drinking enough water so I'm going to try to do more while we're running errands
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 01:40 PM   #3  

Good morning everyone

It was pouring rain this morning....it's overcast now....where has our summer gone.

Not much new here....DD-in-L is still in hospital with pre-eclampsia....she will probably be there until the baby is born....the midwife said she could end up being induced in the next week.....she is 33 weeks pregnant now....she was told the baby is about 5 lbs. now.

I am doing okay with WW....Core program.

KO....a manicure....that would be really nice....I have waxing done on my face....regularly....eyebrows....upper lip....under the chin....wherever it needs doing.

Leenie....talk about the messy house....when the kids are grown....the house doesn't get as messy....just dusty.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 01:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good afternoon gang!

busy here but I'm not really cleaning - will save that for next week - i just don't feel like it. I did do a bunch of picking up and loads of clothes (of course), and got in a 30 minute Walk & Kick video. I didn't feel like doing it so I figure it counts double

Hope everybody has a great day!

hugs,
cathy
July Miles = 20.5
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 05:40 PM   #5  

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

These nights suck!

Have a good one everyone...........getting a new stove tomorrow so I have to clean the spot where the old one was.......and it is not pretty

See ya!

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 07:07 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning,

April your DIL and baby are in my prayers. They worried about that with me towards the end of my pregnancy. My BP was a little high so they decided to induce me HAAA!!! what a joke. They tried for 3 days to induce me, DUH!!! you would think after the first one, maybe two they'd stop. It was a nightmare but I blame the doctor and nobody else for making such stupid calls.... any way, DD was born 2 weeks early and weighted in at 9 lbs. C section LOLOL She and Baby will be just fine I'm sure. I'm glad they are keeping a close eye on her.

KO, thats so cool on the girly pampering. I've never had a manicure, I dunno, its just something about people touching me I get icky about. Its not germ thing, its just a dont touch me thing unless I know you LOL...yeah I know, strange I get my hair done next week. I can't wait. I'll be sitting there in the chair cringing for 2 hours LOLOL, I'm such a ninny.

Cathy, yes, not wanting to exercise and actually doing it counts as a double I'm in no mood to clean either and I have my Girlfriend who I haven't seen since highschool 25 years, coming over next weekend.... gosh I need to win the lottery lol.

Oh Liz, enjoy the new stove and your right....... ICK on the greasy spots from the old one. Hope you slept well.

Well today I'm going to make some Pumpkin Chili and finish tidying up a bit. Other than that, who knows LOL.

How bout you ?
Old 07-24-2005, 07:45 AM   #7  

Good morning all.

I'm feeling pretty proud of myself this morning: after 2 weeks of hotels and restaurants, my ticker moved today - in the right direction! Only a pound, but still... And the little black cloud that's been hovering over me for a few days seems to be dissipating.

Like Liz, I have some cleaning to do. My new fridge will be delivered this week, and since it's much taller than the old one, it means either removing a cupboard (and where would all the stuff from that cupboard go?) or switching some things around and cleaning under and behind. It will all look fine once the kitchen reno is done, but since I haven't even booked a contracter yet, it'll just mean more chaos.

Leenie, I know what you mean about being touched. Sometimes it doesn't bother me at all, but others it creeps me out. I just had my second pedicure a few days ago, and it made me very uncomfortable for some reason. (But I do have very pretty toes now.)

April, I'm sorry we can't bottle up our Ontario sunshine and send you a whole week's worth. Minus the humidity, of course. Will your upcoming grandchild be the first?

Have a spectacular Sunday!
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 03:40 PM   #8  

Stove is here.......I need more sleep........the dust bunny's weren't so bad either...........I have two ovens and a ceramic top.......dd13 wants to celebrate by making cookies...

Hope you are having a great day.............I for one love manicures, pedicures and massages.............touch me baby! A real treat too........just too much darn money......

The good news is I have lost 4 lbs while on these darn nights............sleep and work and who feels like eating............what a cry baby I am!

See ya later!

Liz
Old 07-24-2005, 05:26 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

wow! congrats on all the weight loss gang!

Liz - congrats on 4 lbs down! wow!

Carla - congrats on the scale moving down after hotels & restaurants! wow!

Leenie- I know you will have a great time seeing your hs friend!

April - I pray all goes well with your dd in law - I also had pre eclampsia with my first pregnancy. hope she gets some rests!

KO - how did the water drinking go yesterday?

If ya'll don't mind would you please be so kind as to pray for my oldest son. He had a panic attack at work last night and quit. He hasn't done that in a long time but of course he feels bad about leaving bec of the anxiety. It is awful to watch him struggle with this stuff - he is so much better than he use to be - but when stress and anxiety hit him - well it's just more than he can work thru. He had been working the past 4 months at a movie rental video store which was really good therapy for somebody that deals with social anxiety and panic attacks but yesterday was just one of those days. I think we are gonna use this time to try to get him off of one of the psychotropic meds that he started taking before his thyroid problem was found. He will probably be doing yard work with dh which will be less stressful for him - but it will also be much hotter. Just would really appreciate your prayers for him as he is feeling bad about giving into a panic attack and walking out of a job that he liked.

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 06:52 PM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Ladies,

Liz enjoy the new stove and not to many of those cookies. 4 LBS is awesome !!! keep it up.

Carla 2 weeks and your down, THAT IS WAY TO COOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations

Cathy, your son is in my prayers. You know I haven't had to many panic attacks b/c I tend to not put myself in situations where I know I would have them. But let me just say folks, they are NOT fun. When I get them I feel like my head is spinning so fast and my heart it gonna jump out of my chest. Then I can't remember what I am saying, its horrible. I don't know if people actually give in to panic attacks, I know for me, I can't control it once it hits. I feel for your son, I really do. HUGS !!!

Well I'm gonna make some popcorn and watch tv with the little one.

TTYT NO BOSS WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Old 07-24-2005, 09:33 PM   #11  

Cathy, I'm sorry about your son. Is there any chance he could get the job back? From what you say he liked it there, and if the boss is a kind person, maybe... I've never had a panic attack, but I know anxiety attacks can be pretty scary.

Liz, inspired by you I actually removed the wall cupboard to make room from my new fridge. As I was doing it I was moaning to myself because I no longer have a husband to do these things for me, but then I remembered that of course he never did anything. It was really like living with a big overgrown teenager unwilling to take any responsibility. Grrrrr...

Leenie, how's about sending some of that popcorn up here?

Today I had hoped to adopt my kitties at last, but the shelter was closed, and I didn't fall in love with the ones I saw in pet stores (also shelter cats - they have an agreement with the pet stores.) I almost took two little brown tabby/white sisters, they were so cute, but one of the other cats there had a cough and they weren't isolating her, so... In any case, I want males as they're much suckier, and I do love lap cats. So tomorrow it's off to the shelter. Wish me luck finding the right ones!
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 10:02 PM   #12  

Good job Carla! Feels good doesn't it..........my hubby was kind enough to pull the appliance out.......... I had to clean it.........he is a good one but has never swept, vaccummed or scrubbed a floor in his life.........he does do lots of other things but it is funny how the men always get to pick and choose what they will and won't do.

Good luck on the kitties.........I love them.....but hubby is allergic!

Off to bed for a much needed nap!

Liz