Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-20-2005, 08:44 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Wednesday Chick Chat - July 20th

Good Morning Lovies

Happy Hump Day

Nothing much happening here, boss will be in very soon so I gotta keep this short. Cathy I know you keep asking about him, and the answer is Yes, things are getting better. He is realizing Rome wasn't built in a day and this place moves at the pace of a snail LOL. TY.

So whats happening in your world?

I'm gonna try to read up on yesterday's posts.

BBL
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 09:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

Well I woke up at 4:30 this morning and started thinking so I couldn't get back to sleep. So I got up and did a 60 minute 4 mile WATP video. I'm sure I'll be wishing for a nap later today

Leenie - I'm so glad to hear that things are getting better at work. I'll be glad when you have more time to play with us on the computer haha but I'm just being selfish. Imagine having to work while we are at work

How is dd's chin looking?

Marbles - why do ya'll have so much trouble with the power staying on at work? I mean why does it go out so often? I don't think I could stay in my office long if it was 85 inside down here- yikes! Hope it is cooler, at least in your building, today.

SueMarie - how hot are ya'll over there? we are so hot - 98 or 99, but the heat index is like 105 - it is almost unbearable even getting in and out of our cars - much less working in it like my dh and youngest son do. Dh has a lawn service. They get started very early and try to finish by noon - it is just too hot after that.

MMarie - I think that exercise counts as double when you don't feel like doing it but you do it anyway! Doesn't that sound reasonable to ya'll. I think it should be the rule anyway

April - Here in Louisiana we don't have a Costco nor a Winners. I hear a lot of ya'll mention Costco. It sounds a lot like our Sam's Club but our does not have a pharmacy. Glad to hear that dh is doing better. And yes - no matter what - I totally agree - portion size always matters - bec unfortunately every calorie counts! at least it does for me anyway.

Carla - I hope that the "episodes" get better and better with each day! Just take it slow girlie and take care of yourself.

Liz - you just coming in from work and getting ready to get some sleep? any news on the possibility of not work any more nights???

Tippy - what ya up to? did you stay out of trouble yesterday?

Cin - how ya feeling today girlie? did you go to any WW meetings yesterday to visit?

Did any of ya'll happen to see the new July 25 issue of People magazine? On the front are 2 women in jeans both wearing a red/orange top. The caption says "HALF THEIR SIZE! How they lost it (No Surgery! No Tricks! Secrets of Real-Life Diet Winners". So of course that caught my eye and I bought it. I absolutely love success stories! Well inside the magazine are 4 women's stories of losing more than half of their body weight. (Cin you will really like this part) 3 of the 4 women did it by joining Weight Watchers and following their plan! Isn't that great!!!! They don't even look like the same women in their before pictures!

Ok, I've rambled long enough. Hope everybody has a great day and stays out of the heat!

hugs,
cathy
July Miles = 18.5

Last edited by cathyxxx; 07-20-2005 at 09:41 AM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 10:09 AM   #3  
CIN

Good Morning Ladies,
Cathy.I never buy People Magazine.I read it in Doctor's offices !

I am not surprised.Weight Watchers seems to come out "on top" in many surverys etc. Of course it isnt the answer for everyone! We all have to find our own "way".

Yes.I visited 4 of my 5 WW meetings.The 5th is out of town so they will have to wait! Many seemed very happy to see me after 4-6 week absence and I told them I hoped to return Aug 9th for 3 of the 5 meetings..not leading 3 that first Monday back! They all commented on my weight loss as I did theirs! One of my members has now lost 167 pounds! How awesome is that? I have given her a special certificate for 75,100,& 150 pound weight loss. We have a 200 one too! She will get it! I am soooooooooooooo proud of her. She is a nurse and smiles constantly.(who would'nt?) When we have our annual Innovations meeting.Leaders with members losing 100 pounds or more get recognition...they really need to have the 100 pound or more losers come as special guests if you ask me! Hey..........I may submit that as a serious suggestion! Have the members appear!

Well I walked this morning and am taking it a little easier to day..I went from slow moving to fast pace Sun,Mon & Tues. Staying home today. (until church tonight)Yesterday my daughter with the 4 kids turned 31...we went there last night for supper and entertainment ( 4 kids can put on a show ) I told her 31 yrs ago I was starting to feel the pain of my first c-section..but she was worth it! Now 5 abdominal surgeries later all I need is a tatoo!

Later taters...............sorry for rattling on & on!
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 10:18 AM   #4  
prepare for the BEST time

I'm going to get this issue of People, or *borrow* it from the doctor's office! thanks for the heads up.

We are so overly populated, that the power-stations can't seem to keep up. we have brown outs all the time.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 12:37 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Cathy, so how did they lose the weight? (I'm sure it boils down to calories). Inquiring minds wanna know

Cin, its so good to see you prancing around. Tattoo huh.... let me think about an idea for yah

Marbles borrow

Old 07-20-2005, 12:51 PM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Girls!
Cathy I saw that magazine at the grocery, But Like Marble I'm waiting for a Dr appt to have a good read.
Marble I remember constant Brown outs in NB bleh you can come work in my antartic office!
Cin you sound Great I'm so glad you got to your meetings.
ok Drumroll Please (tho it's not official) I lost 2 pounds! and thats with TOM ****
But I'm not changing my sig till Monday when I have a full week of SBD Defcon level 1 under my belt and hopefully another few pounds off of my butt.
Dh has lost 3 so thats good he needs to lose his belly and the fat around his neck (sleep apnea)
things are quiet which is good!
bbiab
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 02:16 PM   #7  

Kier!!!!! I'm dancin' for you!!! (see I was right? you are TOO SMALL for a big invasive procedure!)

Girlie you need to treat yourself! go get a pedicure!

The temp in my office is now 83.4.....with my thermostat set to 73....my aggravation level is also set on HIGH!
Old 07-20-2005, 02:34 PM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Marble you need a buff sexy dr to fan you!
Thanks for your support lady you ROCK!

Grr have to look busy!
Old 07-20-2005, 02:36 PM   #9  

There are NO buff sexy docs. here, they are all social cripples with poochy tummies..... or much too young....I cannot succomb to "Mrs. Robinson Syndrome"
Old 07-20-2005, 02:43 PM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbleflys
There are NO buff sexy docs. here, they are all social cripples with poochy tummies..... or much too young....I cannot succomb to "Mrs. Robinson Syndrome"
oh do tell, do tell
Old 07-20-2005, 02:48 PM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

the pooch is fixable but the social cripple? No way Jose!
Old 07-20-2005, 03:38 PM   #12  

They don't want to fix the poochie tummy (lunchtime lipo-suction?)...they'd rather gorge on cookies and donuts....
Old 07-20-2005, 03:40 PM   #13  
CIN

Marble
Buy a nice little fan for your desk.

At WWers they will know when I am back because I keep it cold AND have my own fan to blow on me when I am in front of the group!Ha!

Yesterday I mentioned it sure was HOT in there!

Today I have done one load on laundry and nothing else...wouldnt you know my Mom e mailed from Ohio and is coming to visit tomorrow?Never fails!! When the bathrooms need cleaned and floors need mopped.............oh well...
Murphy's Law
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 05:07 PM   #14  

Hi everyone

It was pouring rain this morning....now we are having a thunder storm ....not much of a summer here....I am using my light box every day....feeling better lately.

DH & I were up early....met 2 friends for coffee at Tim Horton's....have been home since....I thought about going out this afternoon....to do some errands....but will go tomorrow....because of the storm we are having.

2 of my DSs work for a telephone company here in our province....there is talk about them going out on strike on Friday....they have both been saving for months....in case this happened....it could be a long strike.

Cathy....I think Sam's Club sounds like Costco.....do you have a Sam's Club in your state? DH doesn't say much about how he feels....I learn more when he talks to the neighbors....when I ask him he says he's fine....even if he isn't.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 06:30 PM   #15  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi ladies

Cathy, Good Housekeeping has two women on the cover who lost a ton of weight too, its August 2005 issue. Gotta read it, there's also a section on (ick) Dr. Phil lol.

Hi KO, Cin (think of a tattoo yet?) April