Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-01-2005, 11:43 PM   #16  

Only 18 minutes left in a long Canada Day. Although I can't say I'm satisfied with my food/exercise, at least I didn't jump into a vat of wine as I usually do when visiting my stepmother. And no chocolate, donuts, or cookies. So I should be proud of all the calories I didn't inhale, instead of beating myself up for no exercise and one very unappetizing greasy spoon burger.

Carla
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 03:45 PM   #17  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Cathy, I'm on Levoxyl. I know that they tested T3 and T4 and they're both normal. I will pay attention next time I'm test to the T3 number. My body temp is usually aroun 96 degrees and I'm cold year round. Now it's about 97.5. Much better, but I get cold easily. Yesterday I complained I was cold to DH and he just rolled his eyes - it was 90 degrees out. But the wind was blowing and I was in the shade. Just got goosebumps.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 04:01 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

hey marie - when you say they tested T3 and T4 are you sure it is FREE T3 AND FREE T4, there is a difference and it is very important to know those numbers but especially the Free T3 number for your mental well being.

Also, if it was in fact the Free T3 and Free T4, when they say normal, do they simply mean within the range? lots of people get their Free T3 and Free T4 into what is called the "normal range" and so in turn they are told their thyroid is "normal", when in fact they need their numbers to be in the upper 1/3rd of the range in order to put their symptoms at bay.

97.5 is much better than 96.0 but when you are on the right dosage you should be closer to a normal temp of 98.6

before starting armour mine ran about 97.2, now on 3 grains of Armour thyroid it runs about 98.4 most of the time.

Armour has been around for 100 years. Before the invention of the TSH they treated people simply by their symptoms and people felt better.

Again MMarie, if your bipolar symptoms are not much better and your temperature isn't closer to normal, I don't think you are getting the dosage you need, besides the fact that Levoxyl only has T4 in it and you need BOTH T3 AND T4. If you wanted to stay on Levoxyl then Cytomel could be added for the straight T3 that you sound like you need.

what about other symptoms - do you have any problem with hairloss or trying to lose weight? dry sky? did you hve any problems with that stuff before starting Levoxyl?

I might suggest that you join a yahoo group called "naturalthyroidhormone". there is a wealth of info there that might be really important to you. Also you would know that I am not just one small voice crying out of the wilderness.

only trying to help and share my experiences with you.

had my son not gotten the proper treatment he needed for his thyroid I hate to think of where he would be today. I'm afraid he would be gone, so I do get a little passionate about this stuff.

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 12:47 AM   #19  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi cathyxxx----

NO you aren't bothering me and I don't think you are nutz...I appreciate the help, it's very nice of you! I don't have the info on the thyroid...what tests they did etc...they just told me it was normal. They probably just did the standard test. The next time I go to the doctor, I will ask them to do the complete test. In fact, I will save your post and print it out when it is time to go. Thanks for your help!
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote