Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-30-2005, 07:22 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Weekend Chat, April 30th - May 1st

Good Morning

I'm gonna read up..brb
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 09:33 AM   #2  
CIN

Default Boooooooooooo!!!!!

GOOD MORNING GALS!
Wake upppppppppppppppppppppppp...it is raining againnnnnnnnn on Saturday morning! What a minute I have to eat my high fiber cereal before it expands over the bowl!!!

Well the good news is the Missing Bride is alive and well...............I am so thankful..people can forgive her....I am just glad she is alive and well.

I just returned from my 2 mile walk.working up for the 10K I want to walk in July...I missed last year because of the stent in my artery...so this year I am going for it!May 1st I walk 2 1/2/.then mid-May 3.....so on and so forth.gradually building up to 6 miles! Hey I get to check off a new "box of life" on the entry this year.........................! 90 year olds do it! I have a new WWer pedometer that is amazingly accurate..a fun new "toy:!

No special plans for today and I love it! A free Saturday.......shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh be quiet dont let anyone know...or they may want me for something!

Later taters
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 01:23 PM   #3  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

CIN, I won't tell. I have a quiet morning too. It's so peaceful and relaxing. In a few minutes I have to start up the vacuum so the peace will be gone, but I don't mind vacuuming. DSs will be woken up. Too bad. It's almost 10:30 in the morning.

DH comes home today and I'm very happy. He's been gone two weeks. I've been on my diet plan like an angel for two weeks. Can you see the problem? The next few days will be a true test of my motivation but I know I can do it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and I'll talk to you tomorrow.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 05:29 PM   #4  

Hi girls hope I can join your group here and get some support and motivation, and also give some, I am an overweight granny who lives in Adelaide Australia, starting to cope with my depression with the help of medication, some days I am great and others are unbearable, the unbearable I just feed my face, every morning I get up and say this is a new day a new life, hopefully todays the days because I have shared it with you
Pam
bonnylass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 06:14 PM   #5  
CIN

Welcome Pam
Post in here.people will encourage you.
What time is it in Australia now? It is 6:15 PM here!
Check in daily..........more will welcome you as they come in!
It is slow in here today!

Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 06:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

hey gang!

I've been cleaning the whole blooming day! Now I've got lots of other things to work on. *sigh* Still have about 4 loads of clothes to do and it's 6 pm

Welcome Pam! look forward to getting to know you.

Leenie - what did ya'll do today!

Cin - I am so excited for you! you have been exercising up a storm and now you are gonna do the 10K! YOU GO GIRL! I remember when you wanted to do that last year and couldn't. I'm so excited that you can this year!

Marie - hope your diet goes well the next few days! I know you'll be glad that dh is home!

hope everybody has a good weekend!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 08:21 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Ladies,

Pam Welcome !!!! I'm glad your here with us

Cin, hope you enjoyed your morning.

Marie, good luck !!!

Cathy, I didn't clean a thing today, just shortly after I got done posting here I felt sick and spent most of the day laying down or sitting on the throne, flu like. I'm feeling better now but boy was I weak. DD and I played a little with her dolls and watched TV. Its raining all day so laying around didn't bother me to much.

JudoMom....... good to see you the other day, where have you been ?

everyone
Old 05-01-2005, 01:32 AM   #8  
Medifaster

S/C/G: 240/234/130

Height: 5'6

Hey~! I started my diet Thursday, then pigged out Friday...and a little bit Saturday. Technically it's Sunday since it's 12:55am sunday morning, hehe. I hope Sunday goes better. I'm live in college dorms so all my little snacks are always right in front of me, so I eat them when I'm bored or anxious or depressed. Finals are a week from monday so not only am I nervous about those, but nervous about going back to my hometown, where I have so many bad awful memories. Since I've been in college I've been depressed b/c I'm 200 miles away from everything I've ever known, even though my hometown sucks...so really there's no winning...lol. I think I need to start thinking happier thoughts about life, ya think? Plus, supid problems with my ex-boy has me kind of depressed, plus I found out the other day that one of my really good friends hate me. lol. My life isn't as sunny as the weather right now...and I was feeling really down earlier so I exersized and that made me feel really really better. I hope I remember that next time I'm feeling *yuck*.
I'm so glad I found this place!! You people are awesome
cassandra4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 06:58 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning

Hi Cassandra, we're glad you found us too

Its still gloomy out, ick!
Today I'll make a huge thing of tuna salad for the week and some other goodies, then I need to clean up a bit since I didn't move yesterday.

Whatcha all doing today?
Old 05-01-2005, 10:37 AM   #10  
I CAN DO THIS

Happy Sunday 1st day of May Morning....

Just popping in to say hi... Things are completely confusing at the moment... Haven't really had a chance to post to much tho...

Have to run.. Hope Everyone has a wonderful May day

/hugs
Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 02:04 PM   #11  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone,

Welcome Pam and Cassandra. You've joined a great group of ladies. Support is here. I know they've helped me get back on track. What I found is that the best way to stay on track is to come here daily and post what you're going to do for the day or what you did do for the day. If I say I'm going to exercise, I will exercise. I would feel like I lied if I didn't.

Today I'm hoping to go for a hike with DH and the dogs. But right now, it's cloudy and wet out. So I'm hoping for a dry spell.

DH is home after the 2 weeks away and I'm happy. Not too lonely anymore.

TTYL.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 05:45 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good afternoon gang!

and welcome Pam & Cassandra! look forward to getting to know ya'll!

we went to Sunday School and Church, then had some errands to run. Went by my m-i-l's and picked up all the "catering" stuff I'll need for our youngest son's graduation party on May 20. We keep a lot of plates, bowls, dishes, silverware, electric food warmers and even a 25 cup rice cooker (yikes) stored over there for everyone to use for their big shendigs! Now I am washing up everything and wrapping it in plastic to keep it all clean until the big night. One less thing I'll need to do the week of graduation. I have got to finish up his invitations and get them in the mail tomorrow.

My mind is racing in a hundred directions with everything I need to do between graduation and dealing with oldest son's totaled truck & insurance & attorneys. He went back to work on Friday night and seems to be doing ok. His chest is every color under the sun, but mainly PURPLE, and shaped like his seat belt. He says everyone asks to see his "purple nurple" haha

Hope everyone has a good nite.

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote