Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-05-2005, 06:46 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekend Chat - March 5th and 6th

Good Morning Everyone

Its a looks like a beautiful day out today. I'll be back later, I'm just gonna grab some coffee and read up on yesterday's thread.

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 07:15 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Well that was a short thread

Lynnie Congrats !!! on the new job, boy your gonna love it and the $$. Good for you girl, we're all so very proud of you.

Lets see, I spoke to my new 'chubby' doctor yesterday about weight loss. My other doctors were 100 lb women who said they understood b/c once they had 5 lbs to lose He said he was the perfect doctor to talk to b/c he struggles too. I felt very comfortable w/him. We discussed different diets. And I told him I was on every diet, from a - z, and that even one time I managed to lose 150 lbs and keep it off for over 10+ years.

He even showed me what his wife cooked for him for lunch, it was like brown rice w/spices and veggies in a small container, he rolled his eyes but he has lost 8 lbs in a few weeks. He suggested what he is following, which is your common sense diet, calories in and out, healthy veggies, grains, etc. What I've been saying all along, even when I was on atkins, I had to watch calories (remember Cathy LOL).

My BP was a little high, 150 over 94... he was conserned about that. He didn't put me on BP meds but wants me back in 1 month. He actually took the time to talk to me....it was weird b/c he actually seemed concerned and best thing was, I DIDN'T CRY!!! LOL YEAH LEENIE, I always cry lol. He didn't say watch my salt but common sense tells me to watch it. I ate a bunch of salty pretzles b/4 I got there and I'm thinking maybe that spiked my bp a bit? not sure if that can. Can't hurt to watch.

I didn't talk about depression or panic problems b/c I felt like it wasn't the right time. My DD was there and I didn't want to get to deeply into stuff. One thing at a time or my brain overloads and I go backward, if you know what I mean. And my DD was there so it was kinda hard. Right now my major issue is my weight and thats my main concern. Sooooooooooo. there you have it.

So I'm a happy camper today
Old 03-05-2005, 12:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

hey leenie - sounds like you had a really good visit with the new doc! It always makes a difference when you feel like they are REALLY listening to you! I hope ya'll figure something out! when was the last time you had THOROUGH blood work done? is he gonna do some and check everything or are ya'll just talking right now? what ya doing today?

I'm excited this morning - Last week I upped my armour to 3 grains a day - 2 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon, bec we are mainly treating my symptoms and my hair is still failing out and a few things like that. I haven't lost any weight since Nov 20 when I finally got that dang scale down to 196 (13 lbs lost since treating my thyroid) and basically I've been fighting the same 2 lbs back and forth thru the holidays - and got it back down to the 196 the end of January (have you noticed it takes me forever to lose a pound) Well ......... this morning I got on the scale and it said 195!!!!!!! I have finally lost another pound - one solid pound - got on and off the scale several times just to make sure.

So that's 14 lbs down in a little over a year. Slow and steady wins the race - right?

I will fix my signature when I have a minute.

I am cleaning house today and it will take all day - that is for sure!

hope everyone has a great day!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 01:24 PM   #4  
Walking by faith

Smile Hi Ladies

I've been keeping up on all of you, even though I haven't been posting. This has been a very difficult week. . I've just found out that the surgeon who did my ankle is looking at doing reconstructive surgery! This after 7 months of being in a cast, having x-rays every 3-4 weeks, and being cleared to wear a walking boot . This guy hasn't even seen me since July (when I had my 2nd surgery). He's left my treatment to an assistant, with the understanding that he will work on a treatment plan along with the assistant. I don't think so! Needless to say, I've called my insurance company, and they are in agreement that I need a second opinion. What I really need now is a miracle. My husband has a cyst and a cartilage tear in his left knee, and he's going to be having surgery next Monday. I need to be able to get around so I can help him while he recovers (about 3 weeks). My original doctor wants me back to non-weight bearing status, even though the ankle feels o.k. Please keep us in your prayers!

Leenie: I'm so glad to hear about your new doctor. He sounds like a keeper!

Cathy: CONGRATS on the weight loss! I like your signature line-you HAVE worked hard for every pound.

Lynnie: WTG Girl! Wal Mart has great benefits-and the extra money will help I'm sure! Congratulations!

CIN: How's DH doing?

Liz: Hope you're having a FABULOUS time in Cancun

Stephanie: It was good to see you the other day Please keep checking in

April & Lanee: Where are you? Please let us know how you're doing

Everyone else here : Have a wonderful weekend!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 07:34 PM   #5  
Donna

hi all
seaoat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 07:35 PM   #6  
Donna

How do you make all of the rulers etc. on your posts????
seaoat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 11:38 PM   #7  

Hey Joanne - goodness a gracious girlie! If I felt good, I don't know if 10 doctors could talk me into a surgery! I'm sorry it's been such a difficult week - I can certainly understand why tho! I will be praying for you and your dh and for all the doctors involved! Please keep us posted!

hugs & prayers,
cathy
Old 03-05-2005, 11:40 PM   #8  

Hi seaoat 58 - nice to meet ya!

I've never tried to figure out how to do the rulers. I'm sure someone else will know tho. But I think you click on "User CP" at the top of the page and then go into "Edit Signature" and the ruler is in there.

look forward to getting to know you!
Old 03-06-2005, 09:00 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning,

Welcome Donna, nice of you to join us

Joanne, I'm so sorry to hear about the surgery for both you and your DH...man when it rains it pours huh. I'm Keeping you in my prayers and crossing fingers, (can't hurt lol).

Cathy Congratulation on the 1 lb, you soooooooo deserve it and more, you work very hard. Shoot just to maintain is hard, losing is even harder.

Yesterday we went to my MIL's then my sister came over with her kids, and she asked me to help her with some bridal shower decorations, chocolate lollypops....that took until 9 pm and the kids trashed the house. So my night stunk LOL. I told her the next time she wants to ruin my saturday night to let me know ahead of time. I mean we could have done it early saturday morning or friday night. I love them but I had plans w/DH and they were canceled b/c of that. Anyway.... my kitchen is back to normal this morning and the day is mine ~

As far as the doctor we are just talking about calories and food b/c my blood pressure was high when I got there. I'm in no rush, I've waited this long, I can wait some more.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:45 AM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Ladies
YEsterday was jam packed with errands and last night to avoid doing the same thing we went to the Meadowlands race track. . . It was fun and different, but oh dear have you ever felt the desperation in the room? people had kids there at 11 pm at night! We stayed for 5 races and recouped about 13 bucks DH wanted to bet again but NO!
Joanne I'm sorry your Drs. Keep trying to slice and dice you I'd get as many opinions as I could
Leenie that stinks! Its one thing to ask ahead of time for an extensive project but at the last minute and why couldn't it have been done at her house so yours wouldn't get destroyed
Welcome Donna the tickers are a link in USER CP
Cathy!!!!!! thats one more pound gone FOREVER!!!!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 12:05 PM   #11  

good morning gang!

I'm kind of taking the day off today! well I'm not going anywhere at least, which is really unusual for me on a Sunday. I didn't have to teach my ss class this morning so I took the day off. I just really feel like I need a break and I haven't figured out how to get one yet! ;-)

Sooooooooooo I did a 60 minute 4 mile WATP express dvd first thing this morning.
March Miles = 12

and also have some really good news - I finally started my period this morning! I must be getting ready to go thru menopause - my last one was the end of Dec and I'm usually like clockwork. anyway - I feel better now!

Leenie - last nigh doesn't sound like too much fun to me. I totally understand what you are saying! hope today is just like you want it to be!

Kierie - what ya doing today?

hey I made some really good diet peanut butter like cup things yesterday and they were really good. I'll post the recipe when I get a second.

Hope everyone has a blessed day!

hugs,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 03-06-2005 at 12:09 PM.
Old 03-06-2005, 02:12 PM   #12  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

hi gals...

i'm ready to cash the weight thing in... it seems everytime i get something good going, some part of my life (not in my control) goes out of whack and stress does me in every time.

i constantly set myself up for failure and then turn to food when i need to be turning elsewhere.

i'm forcing myself out of the house as soon as i post this and heading to the gym.. haven't been there all week.. and only once or twice the week before....was down and out with a kidney infection and i'm still not feeling great... yes, i have a dr appt on wed to look into that

congrats cathy!! *hug... and to you too Leenie for getting a new Dr.

hi everyone else... i'm too down to address each of you *hugs....
JudoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 06:13 PM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

KO, I haven't been to the races in YEARS!! I mean like 20. I'll be at the meadowlands next week, its not that far from me.

JudoMom nice to see you again. I know what you mean, every time I get going it doesn't take much to set it off again but we gotta keep trying.

Cathy glad you had the day off its nice just to hang and do nothing every once in a while. Good for you !! Sounds weird but I'm glad Aunt Flo is visiting you as well LOL.
Old 03-06-2005, 06:23 PM   #14  
CIN

Hi Gals
\Hi Everybody
Hi JudoMm.good to see you girlie!

Hey dont quit or bedown.It is like that for lots of us.Just do the best you can when you can and never quit working on it! Hey it beats "caving in" and gaining more than you would if you were not trying at all!

Take Care!
Cin~

PS Go Cathy!
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote