Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-07-2004, 07:53 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Smile Tuesday Chat - September 7th

Good Morning

I'm here by myself today (at work that is)

But I have a sneaky suspicion (sp?) that the boss man is coming in.

BBL
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 09:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

Leenie - I'm alone right now too and I HOPE IT STAYS THAT WAY ALL DAY LONG!

I have a question, is it PMS if .... everybody that you look at gets on your nerves? oh man I'm feeling edgey today. sure hope nobody looks at me the wrong way. (can you tell I didn't get any exercise this morning?)

Hey The Today Show is doing a segment on Depression each morning this week in case anybody wants to catch it or tape it.

It's raining here this morning, but that is good, we need it (believe it or not) and it's not near as hot when it is raining.

Soooooooooooo what is everybody doing today?

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 10:05 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Cathy,

Is it PMS ??? no thats considered normal for me just kidding. I would say YUP!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 11:15 AM   #4  

Default Hey gang!

Sorry I have been AWOL!

I had a busy but good weekend.........I work fri-mon........laundry and usual Saturday housework, groceries yesterday.....so ready for a good week. I did three plus modules in my course so I am off to a good start.

Congrats Cathy on your weight loss......I am really proud of you!

Lynnie scrapbooking is awesome isn't it! Way to go.

Leens feeling better?

Cin I love the sound of swimming, and being out on the water.

I gotta run..........hi everyone.........have a great day! Gonna finish my coffee and get on with my day!

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 11:17 AM   #5  

Cathy, I used to get like that. Could be PMS. Did you say that you went off the pill awhile back? Maybe your body is adjusting itself.

I must be absolutely crazy! Our carpenter phoned last night and he will be able to start the remodeling in the beginning of October and I'm excited about it! Can you imagine the MESS! I still don't know where most of my stuff will be going. My computer has to be moved, along with the closets. Complete chaos will prevail! Next Tuesday, the window man cometh! 24 or 25 windows to be replaced! I'm not doing much deep cleaning for awhile. Am still waiting for the estimate for the garage. Our neighbor is doing the work and I think that he has been out of state since he and his wife were not in church. She is our organist.

Nothing else new. M ticker is fine!
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 01:32 PM   #6  

Good morning everyone

It's been a while since I was here. My sister & her DH left last Thursday.....trying to get back to normal......have been organizing some dresser drawers.....book shelves.....will be doing some closet organizing.....but I am doing 1 at a time......when I am feeling better......I seem to want to clean up clutter & organize.

It has been a little over 2 months since I finished the Celexa.....the withdrawal symptoms have been terrible.....since May....when I started to reduce the dose.....they are getting less now though......a lot less.....thank goodness.

I am feeling good these days.....still taking the natural antidepressants....that the naturopath prescribed.....the test will be come this fall & winter.

I gained weight in the month of August....when I was away & when my sister was here....so I am trying again.
Do any of you get tired..... trying to lose weight?......it seems to be a never ending battle.....but if I didn't try......I would weigh a lot more than I do.

Well.....I should go.....have to go for my color at the hairdresser's......& also get something done around here.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 01:58 PM   #7  
CIN

Hi Gals
Cloud here in Ky.....high of 80 today..not bad!

Had 55 in my morning meeting and re-opening an out of town meeting at 4 today.looking forward to seeing previous members!

I lost another pound this week.......so now in 4 weeks I am down 6.2..... Yeah me!!!!! Still sticking to it.I have said I would love to lose 10 pounds for years...so I am going to do it now! Really like this new WW plan....it does take some planning and cooking but you even get used to that!

Still have not heard from dear Mom...waiting to hear.I know she is safe but dont know if her trailer was damaged or not.

We finished painting a clear coat on our new Anderson patio door........3 coats......3 days!Whew! Now have to do neighbors!(tenants)

Tippy.I wouldnt clean much til its over...............you will have plenty to do then..new windows will be a real investment and increase the value and you will love them!

Cathy.......I used to say PMS meant Pretty Mean Syndrome...or Premeditated Murder Syndrome! Glad I dont have that any more.I was wicked in those days! (no joke)

See you all Weds.

Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 02:16 PM   #8  

My DH used to say.....PMS meant Pretty Mean Spouse!!!!!!!!!!!!!....lol.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote