Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-21-2004, 09:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Wacky Wednesday, July 21

Good Morning Gang!

Can't believe i'm the first one here. I'm heading out the door for an appointment, but will be back when I get back to the office.

I did 2 miles this morning!

What's everybody doing today?

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 11:46 AM   #2  

ok I'm back - where is everybody at today? busy?

Leenie - how is little gracie feeling today? I hope she is better!
I was wondering about your treadmill? did you put it in the room with your other equipment? don't you have an eliptical too? which do you like better? do you have a tv to watch while you're walking or do you just walk to music? I was wondering what you do to distract yourself while you're walking on the treadmill?

Cin - how was the picnic? what ya doing today? ww meetings? hugs!

Tippy - what ya doing? what was the last thing you cooked in your crockpot?

Judomom - how are you feeling today girlie? don't overdo it with your back. hugs! can I ask - why did the physio have you near tears? was she rude or was she hurting your back? tell her I said to be nice!

Liz - we figured you were already busy at work. you are SuperWoman! hope you had a nice supper out!

April - raw pea pods huh? can't say I have ever eaten that!

ok I'm gonna get to work. will be back later.

hugs,
cathy
Old 07-21-2004, 12:40 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hey Cathy, gee its quiet here Good for you for going 2 miles today !!! bravo.

DD is doing better, her fever spiked to 102 last night but this morning it was 100.5. I gave her meds and brought her to mom's house. She woke up at 4:30 this morning OY, which means tonight she will be cranky !! I have a hard time doing the eliptical, it just feels like to much pressure on the legs,hips and knees.... PROBABLY because I am to heavy and not in shape what so ever. Sooo for now I like the tredmill better, I can stay on it longer thats for sure.

Nothing much new, busy here thats all.

Whats up with everyone on this fine hump day
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 01:44 PM   #4  

Roger had to phone the window company today as Rob miscounted the windows that need to be replaced. I knew that he was a bit overwhelmed by the sheer number and the size of this house, but who was to know how much! He is coming out tonight for a recount. I asked if he wanted our neighbor who teaches math to visit too!

Now we're "discussing" residing the house in the future. R wants to just take off this brown (spelled UGLY) siding and restore the beige brick. I feel that a very pale yellow with green shutters would be prettier.

Am still debating hiring DD's girlfriend to do some work here. She's got a good heart, but is dysfunctional and going through a divorce! DD said that she'd come over and work too, but she already has two businesses, plus her own house to manage.

Nothing in the crockpot! Am feeling under the weather today-upset tummy and spending much time in the potty room.
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 03:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

hi everyone

Cathy, she was rude/short & condescending.. something I usually don't tolerate.. I wasn't expecting it.. if she does it again, i'll take her to task on it.

chiro this morning.. he disagrees with physio's "diagnosis" (which is better news for me) but I won't tell her that... my regular physio left her clinic (I'm actually seeing the owner) and will be setting up his own place soon, but right now, he's not working. My chiro knows him well & the two of them would like to set up a facility together. My chiro thinks very highly of him; hence I'm going to go with what chiro says in terms of which exercises to do/not do.. and pay lip service to physio so she will still do treatments on me til I get my own guy back.... sheesh.. talk about an ego.

glad to hear your daughter is doing better Leenie.. I feel so badly for sick kids

hub came and helped with with grocery shopping, but even walking around in store has played me out... gonna go lay on floor for a bit.. I never thought I'd be down there again (since kids grew up)
JudoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 05:16 PM   #6  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello Everyone…

Cathy – saw your article about the lady who lost 53lbs in 6 weeks. What’s her address? I’d like to have some what she is having!

Leenie – AWW sending warm wishes your way for Gravcie, but am glad to see she is doing better today. I want a treadmill LOL!

April – I am sorry to hear about this sister you talked about on Monday. I’m also sorry that it may have brought you down. To bad we don’t live closer… we could have gotten together for some tea or something. To bad we all don’t live closer. I hope you are feeling better today.

Tippy – I was over at my parents place this weekend helping them sand down all the cabinet in their kitchen to re-varnish them and as I was cleaning out the dust from the sanding that had accumulated on the outside of one of the windows, I casually mentioned to my mom that there was a lady on one of my forums that was replacing all her windows in her house. Then I mentioned how many you said you had. You know what she did… she went around and counted all the windows that were in her house (32 in all) then she goes and tells my dad she wants to replace the windows… needless to say my dad comes to me and says I’m grounded 28 years old and I just got grounded that will teach me to open my mouth course I have single pane windows in my house, I wouldn’t mind getting double pane windows. You think James would ground me if I asked him to do that?

I had a long day yesterday… running around looking for software and other study aides for my exam coming up. I didn’t get home from my friends place til late. Then I just didn’t want to do anything else. I woke up with a sore neck, must have slept wrong, so I didn’t do much exercising on Monday, and the same thing with today. I was hoping it would go away fast. Hurts to turn my neck in either direction, but it’s not as bad today. I’ve been sticking with just walking. I did a mile yesterday and so far I have a mile today in the morning. It was so hot this morning at 7:30 so I couldn’t sleep so I got up and did some walking, then jumped in the shower.

I’m thinking about putting those solar window treatments on my windows. At least for the backside where the sun hits it in the morning. The evening sun is not so bad, but that morning sun really heats the backside of the house, and of course my bedroom and the kids bedroom are there. The window treatment is suppose to be like a film you stick to your windows, like when you tint the windows on your car. I’m debating on doing just the backside of the house or all of it. It’s suppose to help with the temperature as well… I know it keeps the heat down, but I wonder if it helps hold cool air in during the summer. Guess I’ll be making a trip down to Home Depot hehehehe.

I hope everyone is doing well… *big warm hugs to everyone*
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 05:34 PM   #7  

Sue Marie, we tried that film for our windows years ago and they didn't make a spit of difference either in keeping the cool in or the heat out!
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 05:46 PM   #8  
Oooo Silly Me!

Tippy - Yikes, that really sucks... Sigh well I guess we'll have to see what other methods we can use. Maybe I'll replace my verticle blinds with better thicker ones then. The ones that came with the house are really cheap.

*pouts*

Thanks for the info!
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 08:56 PM   #9  

Hey Gang,

just a quick note to say that I may not be on the computer tomorrow. It is 8 pm and I just got home. I stayed 3 1/2 hours after work today working on my computer. I was just about in tears because I was having so much trouble with it, and I knew I would not have a minutes peace at home unless I got things straightened out before I left.

I had gone to mcafee.com to download upgrades to my virus protection, and when it gets thru, you always have to reboot. Well when I did, everything went haywire. I figured something just downloaded wrong from the site (which has happened before) and that I would go back there and just download it again, but noooooooooooooooooo, it was not that simple. I stayed on the phone for over an hour with my brother who is a computer expert, and we still couldn't get things working right. Finally after much to do, I had to go in and uninstall and delete everything that had to do with mcafee.

Soooooooooo I have no virus protection on my computer at work right now. I will not be able to get on the internet from there until I get a new virus program installed. I'm hoping I will get time tomorrow to go and get one at Office Depot and get it installed but I never know what I will be going.

So if you don't see me tomorrow, its because of my silly computer.

hope everybody has a great nite and a great day tomorrow.

hugs!
Old 07-22-2004, 12:10 AM   #10  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Cathy.. go to grisoft.com... and download their AVG.. it's free... that's what we use at work and I have it on one computer at home... it does a great job
JudoMom is offline   Reply With Quote