Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-24-2004, 11:06 PM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Red face Friday, June 25th Chat

Yeah I cheated, its late so cut me some slack

Good Morning,

I only have 1/2 a day today, (summer hours) but will be quite busy, gonna take mom to social security and then off with DD for some fun.

Nothing really planned for the weekend, how about you all?

Hugs !!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 08:01 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

ME NEEDS COFFEEEEE

Good Morning REALLY!!
Old 06-25-2004, 09:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

GOOD RAINING MORNING!
did ya'll see Louisiana and even Beauregard Parish on the national news this morning?
WOW WOW WOW we have had rain rain rain and are flooded like crazy!
gonna grab my coffee and will be back as soon as I get done with payroll.
hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 09:30 AM   #4  

OOPS! I almost forgot....I did 2 more miles this morning and that makes 40 miles for June, which was my goal for the month! woooooooooohoooooooo!

Old 06-25-2004, 11:24 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hey Cathy, are you guys okay down there? 40 miles this month WOW you go girl. Excellent, hey have you started that DVD yet? the weights one? do you like it?

My insides are racing today, 90 mph. Feels like I wanna run and run and not stop, but I know I can't do that. OY.

Whats up with the rest of the gals?
Old 06-25-2004, 12:11 PM   #6  

Hey Leenie - yea we're ok but we are so wet and everything is soaked. We have a lake in our back yard which never never happens, but they are working on our main highway by our house (making a 2 lane into 4 lanes) and they have all the creeks and ditches closed up and it has got everything really backed up. The people next door to us (about a block away) have water in their house - the creek that use to flow behind us just flowed right thru their house since there is no where else to go. Please pray that the rain will stop soon around here. It is has been crazy weather!

Yes I've done the dvd - the 47 minute one - twice this week - Tuesday and Thursday nite. it's tough huh - but I found it easier last night then the first time. I like it, as much as I could possibly like anything that has to do with lifting weights. I just hope I figure out something to make me lose some weight - this is getting really ridiculous - I don't know much more that I can do and my scale has still not moved. I see my doc on July 7 and will see about upping my thyroid med one more time and see if maybe, just maybe, that is what it's gonna take for me to lose some weight ? ? ? It's really aggravating sometimes.

Leenie - is that a good thing for your insides to be racing? do you mean you have more energy or feel more focused or that you feel more antsy??? I mean more energy would be great. I'm sure the meds are gonna take some getting use to. You hang in there, and hey, if you break out into a jog - call me - I'll come meet ya! BTW, have you been doing the weight dvd too? how do you like it?

During lunch I have got to go pick up a cookie cake (gonna have to run with a big umbrella and rain boots), and then will pick up pizza on the way home. Sunday is my oldest son's 20th birthday (man I cannot believe that) and we're gonna celebrate with pizza and cookie tonight. YUM

ok later gaters
hugs,
cathy
Old 06-25-2004, 01:57 PM   #7  

Default Happy friday

Hey Leens.......you ok? I remember when I was on paxil for 6 months about 8 years ago I felt like that......I was almost manic.....the doctor said it was a combination of having felt so unwell for so long and then finally having energy to th effects of the drug......I don't know what is was but my house was very very clean.....I couldn't stop from morning to night.

HI Cathy stay dry and have fun celebrating your son!

Luv you guys!

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 02:35 PM   #8  

Good morning all

It is sunny & hot today....it's been like that for days....feeling good....was up at 7....trying to go to bed & get up at the same time of the day. DH & I went for coffee with friends at Tim Horton's at 8.....then we came home & had our 2nd coffee on the deck.

This 5-HTP that I am taking....will work up to taking it 3 times a day at meals....25 mg. at each meal. I started to take it 2 days ago....just once that day....yesterday I noticed....I didn't have much appetite. Last night I went to Google....saw...that it can have a side effect of loss of appetite....sometimes they give it to people to lose weight....now isn't that a good side effect!!!!

I am going shopping soon....we need a new box spring & mattress....we are looking for a smaller fridge....one that we would use in the summer more....for cold drinks......at Thanksgiving & Christmas....when there is never enough room in the fridge.

Liz....on keeping the house neat & tidy....when I was really depressed....I didn't do too much cleaning at all....DH washes the floors & vacuums. Now that I am feeling better I am doing more around the house....never did like housework....my Mom was like that also....there are 6 girls in my family....we are all like that......I do the cleaning because I have to.....also the house doesn't get messy now....since the kids grew up.
As I have gotten older....I don't obsess about cleaning....it will be there tomorrow....there are more important things in life.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 02:50 PM   #9  

Hey Liz - did you catch up on all that sleep you missed? are you working this weekend?

I have figured out that it is IMPOSSIBLE to stay dry down in Louisiana right now! I will be so glad to get home tonight! I may not leave my house all weekend! LOL yea right! I'll probably have to go somewhere to wash clothes since there is a lake in our yard and over our septic lines - we do not have city water bec we live in the country!

April - GIRL! send me some of that sun!!!! it sounds like you are feeling pretty good these days! Hey the loss of appetite thing sounds great to me!!!

hope everybody has a great day.

hugs,
cathy
Old 06-25-2004, 04:37 PM   #10  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello everyone!

Cathy - Congrats on reaching your goal... 40 miles!! WOW! I really need to start keeping track of what I'm doing hehehehe... have you tried the second dvd yet on the kathy smith package? That one for some reason seemed a bit harder for me.

Leenie - hmmm did the doctor say this was a common side affect? I know you are going to have to get used to them.... but talk with your doctor and make sure what you are feeling is a normal side affect.

Hope everyone is doing well... Brits Graduation went well. I was so proud of her. It's nice that the lower classes are doing graduations now... makes the kids feel like they are stepping up in the world. I wish we had something like that when I was in school. James' parents came out, bought a gift for Brit and a bday gift for me. Got Brit some make up and nail polish and I got a really cute ceramic cookie container set. Now I can paint the kids toenails and bake cookies LOL I am going to try CIN's recipe that she gave us.

Take care everyone! I gotta do a little more house cleaning and some more laundry and packing. I shall catch you chicks later!

Huggerz...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote