Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-14-2004, 04:03 AM   #1  

Talking Monday, June 14 Chat (FLAG DAY)

Hi everyone.....It is 1 A.M.....here in the west & I am still awake....I think it is a side effect of going off the Celexa....Friday night....the same thing happened....awake until 2 A.M.
I am having a difficult time going off the Celexa....really sad for part of the day.....about 5 hours.....on Sunday....I sure hope it gets out of my system soon.

I guess I should try to go to sleep now.....see you later.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 08:13 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning April, gee sorry your not sleeping, is there anything the doc can do to help this symptom ? Its a good thing you can take a nap during the day then. Hope tonight is better. (I added a little thing to the title of today's thread, hope you don't mind )

Good Morning Everyone to come,

Had a wonderful weekend, how about you ? The weather was beautiful but this morning its pouring rain out. Its okay I'm stuck here so what the hey.

Gotta do better w/my calories this week, I'm staying op but eating way to much.

Whats new?

I'm gonna check out the weekend thread and get back in here later.

Hugs.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 09:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

April - I hope you are sleeping right now girlie. Hope the side effects pass quickly!

Leenie - sorry it's raining! It is suppose to be pouring around here this afternoon and they are saying it will rain for a couple of days - but hey - you know how the weatherman is - they have a 50/50 chance of guessing it right!

I got up and did my 30 minute 2 mile WATP tape with handweights! and then some situps too. I am keeping track of the amount of miles walked this month and posting on the WATP thread under the Exercise thread. So far I have 24 miles for the month of June.

I'm gonna grab my 2nd cup of and start up the weekly food log and will check back later.

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 10:05 AM   #4  

Default Btw

Did ya'll see what George Bush, Sr. did for his 80th birthday yesterday? yep he jumped out of a plane, twice! can you believe that! I think that is sooooooooooo cool!

Hey let's make a pack that if we all make it to 80 that we will do the same! wouldn't that be cool!
Old 06-14-2004, 10:51 AM   #5  

HI everyone........on the run.......I will check in later .........dd's room looks great............the reveal will be tonight!

MOre later

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 12:03 PM   #6  

Default Another good reason to lift those weights!

I just read this on yahoo health tips today and thought I would share it for inspiration....

"Inactive adults over age 30 lose about 3 - 5% of muscle tissue every 10 years; here's what you can do. Go to the weight room. Strength training prevents the reduction in muscle tissue that causes the body metabolism to slow and makes the bones more vulnerable to conditions like osteoporosis."

Old 06-14-2004, 12:08 PM   #7  

I always wanted to parachute out of a plane but I'd have to do it in tandem like ol' George Sr. did. And the only person I know who sky dives is my ex and I have a feeling that if I jumped in tandem with him he'd "accidently" drop me!
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 12:22 PM   #8  

Good afternoon guys. This virus thing on my homeputer really bites. I can't get onto anything. I spent all last week and the weekend working on it. I had a small break down Thursday morning. I think I was trying to get to much done b4 I went to school. We were having a few trees cut and I needed to get the fence moved so that they could just lay the trees down. Both lots on the sides of me are being built on and they were clearing the lots so it was either now or never for us to get our trees out. Well, hubby was out of town so I had to have a friend help us. He was supposed to be there at 7 so I could help him and still have time to get showered and off to school. He didn't show up until 7:45 and by that time the dogs thought it would be funt o run off. My little one is in heat so that make it worse. I called hubby to just tell him what was going on and I didn't need him to yell at me but he was stressed b/c he wasn't home to help so of course he was kind of yelling. Once I got off of the phone w/ him I called my teacher to tell he I was having a bad morning and that I would be late, all she had to do was ask what was wrong and I lost it. I started to abll like a baby. I really don't even think she heard what I was saying b/c I wasn't making a complete thought or sentence. I ened up finding the dogs and they got a good spanking for running. I just hate that I was such a baby.

Cathy I don't think I will be jumping out of a plane. I am nervous on a brige much less a plane w/ and open door.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 12:26 PM   #9  

tippy you are toooooooooo funny!

but whatever you do .... DO NOT PARACHUTE WITH YOUR EX!!!

Old 06-14-2004, 01:41 PM   #10  

Hi again....last night after I got off the computer.....I took a Gravol....it always helps me go to sleep. I went in the bedroom....DH was sleeping & snoring......so I took my pillow & went down the basement.....I did fall asleep on the couch down there....once I fell asleep....I slept good.

The Gravol does work.....if I have trouble going to sleep....we give one to Charlie....our dog....when we go on these 10 hour car trips.....thinking he will fall asleep.....he doesn't....he is awake the whole trip....go figure.

When DH woke up....I heard him in the kitchen upstairs....Charlie came down.....gave me a kiss....trying to get me up....he layed there a little while....then gave me anther kiss....so I got up....lol. I was a bit wobbly when I was putting on my slippers....must have been from the Gravol......Charlie looked so concerned......as if he was my mother....just to make sure I was okay....lol.

I feel fine right now....not feeling sad right now....so hope today is better.

Leenie.....that is fine about adding something to the date. I will be going to the doctor this week....have another med....that I need more of....so I will mention about going off the Celexa.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 01:14 AM   #11  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello everyone..

April99 – is it necessary to go off it? I understand you were saying SAD doesn’t happen at this time of the year, but if the side effects are that bad, maybe you are better staying on them? If you’ve already mentioned this answer… heheh I’m sorry I’ve been gone a few days hehehe…

Cathyxxx – Good job on the miles. I should really keep track or what I do as far as miles. Kinda like counting calories, try to keep it at a certain limit then go lower, only in this case for miles I want to go higher hehehe…and ummm about jumping out of a plane… you would have to push me… and that’s if and ONLY if you can get me on it in the first place

Sue...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 07:48 AM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Kem, sounds like a rough day sweetie (((HUGS))). You know you can always come here to cry, we don't mind, thats what we're here for, to support the bad days and the good days. Glad you got the dogs back, pheeew.

April, dogs are smarter than people believe, Charlie sounds so cute.

Cathy, I'd never jump out of a plane, don't care how old granny gets, ut uh you first lol. Good job on the exercising

SueMarie, WTG w/the weight loss !!!!!

Tippy ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Liz............ swoooooooooosh, DARN, missed her again, ttyl.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote