Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-08-2004, 08:33 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Tuesday, June 8th - Chat

Good Morning

Its a hot sunny day already ahhhh. I did excellent eating yesterday and exercising. I walked about 40 minutes (during work hrs, I don't have a boss - we're entitled to breaks and I never take them so now I will) and then last night when I got home I did my first ever upper body weight training I can feel it today but not horrible. When I was doing them last night my arms and chest was sore no pain no gain eh~

How's your morning
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 09:30 AM   #2  

Good morning guys. Well, another day at the office. Is it bad that I am already ready to leave?

Liz I think I made the mistake of ordering some supplies from ABC Distributing. It has been 3 weeks since I ordered it and they just told me that the warehouse is 2 weeks behind. So, if I don't have it shipped out by the ende of the week I am going to cancel it and just go some where around here to get somethings to start with. I am ready guys though. I can't wait to get started.

My puter at home is giving me problems. I got rid of a virus that I had and now Windows XP won't let me into my computer. I have a call into a guy that I know (he works for the local internet company here) to see if he an help me. It is really frustrating when you can't get in.

Good for you Leens. Once my butt is planted in this seat I usually don't do much walking around.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 09:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

man I'm really dragging today! I was up late AGAIN last night - long story so I won't bore ya'll with the details, but needless to say - no exercise this morning. I did remember to grab my tennis shoes, so I plan to go walk during lunch if nothing changes.

Leenie - what video did you buy for strength training? do you like it? I am so proud of you - walking and strength training all in the same day! YOU GO GIRL! you can do this!

Kemp - the few times I order stuff from ABC Distributing it takes forever to come in. They are slow!

Well I'm gonna grab my 2nd cup of and see if that will wake me up.

What's everybody doing today?

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 10:01 AM   #4  

Morning everybody!

Nobody wants to wake up around here in the morning! DD12 is out the door to the bus...DD6 is watching Arthur while she eats her breakfast and here I am!

Today will be a quiet day.....I did a ton of work in my garden yesterday....today I am going to do some stuff but not over do it....I am working 330-1145 tonight.

I still have this hayfever/cold and feel miserable with it....so tiring to be so congested! Sneezes are waking me up out of my sleep!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Kemp sorry to hear about the wait with ABC.......I don't know if I have ever heard of them. It does get overwhelming with so many different products and places to order from.

Hi Leens.......congrats on the exercise......way to go.

Hi everyone else.....will check in later.

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 01:20 PM   #5  
Divine Gal

Hello Ladies!!
This weekend was pretty busy for me and I am just starting to get back in my puter mode....Friday we went to see Harry Potter and The Prisoner Of Azkaban... Excellent!!!Saturday we did some grocery shopping Oh What fun..
Sunday Dh was working and I haven't been sleeping to well so I slept most of the day away...I think I am depressed in some ways..Yesterday we started counting points again and we went to the store to get some fruit and stuff.Now all I have to do is get back in my exercise mode...We also got our fishing licenses...I love to fish...Plus it will give us something to do other then stuff our faces...

I have gotten alot compliments on my last pic...People say my face looks alot thinner???

Hope you have a great day

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 02:26 PM   #6  
CIN

Default Hellllllllooooooooooooooooooo

Hi Gals
Leens.that "No pain .no gain" is a myth.........please start out slowly and gradually increase! Good for you! 40 minutes!

Lynnie.nice to see you again!How is your BIL? I may have missed some posts.

Kemp.you need to do something fun when time permits! How much longer at the job you dont like?

Liz..dont wear yourself out before 3:45................sometimes I try to do too much before I go to work and feel it later.of course you are a lot younger than me too!

I am about to go to my 5th meeting of the week and then am off until I sub for someone's 2 meetings on Friday!

Tomorrow I have an unpleasant test...............some kind of tube down the nose to fill my small intestine with air & dye..does that sound like a "gas" or what ??????? I can hardly wait!

So that is what is new here in my little world.

Cathy.rest girlie..rest..........look who is talking

Later taters
CIN
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 02:55 PM   #7  

Good morning everyone

It was cloudy this morning....so I sat at the light box for 1/2 an hour when I 1st got up....then a few hours later for a 1/2 hour....I wanted to try to prevent the sad feeling.....I went outside to look & see what was happening....now the sky is blue...oh, well....I guess the light helped anyway....I am feeling good.

I did well yesterday with eating. I had a hair appointment today...but cancelled it....DH rented a machine to take off the grass....there is something that has been killing the grass....it's not a didease....but it is the type of grass that was planted....when the house was built 30 years ago....it was the wrong grass for our climate.....we have been here for 28 years. So...he is removing the sod now....then will plant seed....a big job.

So he needs the car today....I changed my hair appointment for tomorrow....before when I was depressed....but not a full blown depression.....I would have been mad at him for not looking at the calendar.....& booking this machine when I had an appointment....but today I didn't think it was such a big thing....I just changed my appointment....so maybe I am making progress.

Kemp....We had lots of viruses in our computer in April....thankfull DS2 came for a visit then....he is very good with computers.....he worked on the computer for about 3 days....didn't destroy the files....& changed it to Windows XP....it is amazing how we have all become so dependant on our computers....but it is frustrating when we have problems with it & can't use it.

I should go & get doing some cleaning & laundry now.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 09:24 PM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Kem, Cathy, Liz, Cin, Lynnie and April !!!!

Just a quickie b/4 bed. Cathy the tape is Kathy Smith, not sure of the title, I forgot. Cin, keep us posted on your tests, good luck tomorrow Lynnie glad your getting back on track, way to go young lady. Kem sick computers suck. I wouldn't know what to do w/mine if it got sick, thank God for DH. April, good for you for not going "hairy" no pun intended hehehehehehe when DH rented the machine. How's the diet going? Liz, hope today is more gentle than yesterday.

Hugs everyone
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote