Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-06-2004, 11:31 AM   #1  
Mother of 1

Default Need encouragment and advice

I have just recently decided that it was time for me to lose this unwanted weight. i am 22 y/o with a2 year old. I am tired of hating the way i look and need some advice on how to get on the ball. anyone have any great websites on weekly grocery list or things of that sort. i am finding it hard for the longest time because i still have to feed my son and it is just me and him so i have to cook what is good for him too. and he needs carbs. People (freinds and boyfreind) always tell me i am beautiful and that i am fine the way i am but i feel like i am so ugly and soooo fat because this is teh heaviest i have ever been. it also doesn't help that my mom just lets me knwo how big i am when sending me clothes and such. this is not a pitty party i just need some advice on how to feel better and loose some weight. i am desperate. please help.
Lcastillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 11:42 AM   #2  
Mother of 1

Default Newbie Too

C'mon i need some help and no one has even looked at this post. please post or email me. could really use the support
Lcastillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 12:04 PM   #3  

First of all, it's a weekend and some of us don't get here as often as we'd like.

I think that you already know what you need to do.

Also, spend a bit of time wandering the boards as this place is chuck full of tips, food plans and great people.
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 01:24 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Lcastillo, and welcome to 3FC's

I think patience is the first thing you will need to succeed at anything. When it comes to cooking for you and your son, healthy will not only benefit you, it will also teach him good eating habbits. Your shopping list will really depend on what type of plan you decide to follow. So once you choose that, let us know and we will try to help. But in the mean time, I would suggest maybe talking to your family doctor and getting his/her opinion on what would work best for you and your life style. You really can't go wrong w/having fresh fruits and veggies in the house, thats a great way to start. Healthy snacks and cereals, whole grains.

Let us know what you decide to do.

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 09:27 PM   #5  

Hi

I am just getting to my computer today......cleaned the house, visited my aunt, did some shopping and planted flowers.

We have a daily board....come visit us there....that way your posts won't be overlooked.

Everyone needs a friend and the first step is admiting that you need to do something......good for you!

I know at 22 it is hard to focus on healthy diet....at 22 I was living on diet coke, itchiban noodles and cigarettes! I was skinny and in nurses training and having the time of my life.....probably not the healthiest though.

I had my first babe at 27.....and it took me a few years to get used to eating healthy meals and snacks. Your public health nurse could help you and there are usually support groups for single young mothers so you could hang out with other young mothers and their children. I think that this is a great place but in my opinion is important that you have "real" relationships with the real world.....play groups etc....that way you can see how others are living and share some neat things with them as well.....maybe you can get meal and snack ideas from them.....and they can get craft or game ideas from you....getting out of the house will make you feel better too!

Keep in touch and hang in there....you are having to grow up fast and it isn't easy and I am sure a bit lonely and scarey at times!

Be well

Looking forward to getting to know you better

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote