Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-17-2004, 08:27 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Monday Chat, May 17th

Good Morning Ladies & Gents (Anthony )

How was your weekend ?

Mine was wonderful, had lots of sun shine and fresh air ahhh.

Here we are another Moanday

Watcha all got planned for the week ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 09:19 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Check this out.........anyone wanna buy a thong ?

http://upchucky.net/~upchucky/flash-fun/thongs.html
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 09:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

leenie! you are such a hoot!

I came to work with a list of errands that I need to tend to today - besides all the junk sitting on my desk. The phone is ringing off the wall and it just will not quit raining here! Yep it's Monday!

Our weekend was good but boy was it wild. I didn't keep up with my food journal cause I just ate here and there and of course I ate too much, but oh well, that is done and over with and today is a new day! and I'm back on track. Life Happens!

I'm gonna grab my 2nd cup of and will be back later.

Anthony - thanks for the update on your mom. Tell her that she is in our thoughts and prayers. I know "dads" can be a pain sometimes but try to cut him some slack. I'm sure he's missing your mom too. how nice of you to keep the house neat and clean while mom is gone! you sound like a self motivated man!

Lynnie - tell your dh Happy Birthday from us! Hope he has a great day! And tell him that 41 is not old at all!

Hope everybody has a blessed day!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 12:22 PM   #4  

where is our gang today?
Old 05-17-2004, 02:19 PM   #5  

Default New to message board.

Good Morning,
This is my first post to this message board. Am a little nervous, but glad to post.

I've just started (all of one week) to change my eating habits. Hard, isn't the word to describe changing my bad eating habits. But if I take it one day at a time, and not worry about getting to size 2, I'll be okay.

I suffer from depression - "Clinical depression" and I take meds. Just my luck and while I was in the process of changing my diet, I got into a depression. Am out of it now, and to my surprise (and hard work) I got threw it all and didn't give in to medicating myself with food.

Thanks for reading my post and thanks for this group.
Stephanie
stepbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 03:22 PM   #6  
CIN

Default Welcome Stephanie!

Hi Gang
I am here.just busy working.....typical Monday..busy busy busy...I got to experience the real thrills of being a Landlord today! Stopped up sewer line.............we pay$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ha ha ha oh well.part of it I guess!

It is sunny and warm here in Ky. Love it!

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Cin
PS Welcome Stephanie!
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 03:32 PM   #7  

Hi Stephanie!

Nice to meet ya and look forward to getting to know you!

I'm so glad to hear that you were able to find the meds that you needed to treat your depression. and congrats on not medicating yourself with food! that is a major accomplishment!

When you feel like talking tell us about the changes you are making to your eating habits. I love the details!

Hey Cin you are always busy girlie! I missed it ... I thought ya'll sold your other place, but I guess you leased it if you are having to play "landlord"? or are you talking about your new place? even tho I love the details sometimes I can't remember them!

later gaters,
cathy
Old 05-17-2004, 03:39 PM   #8  
Rattie Lover

Smile Hi Girls!!

I'm here. Still trying to get on this morning schedule thing. Yesterday I went clean happy and cleaned for 5 hours. Then my soul-cousin & his G/F came over and had dinner with us. Then hubby fixed her computer. He is the man everyone calls when their pc's break down. I told him he needs to start a business doing this but I got the funny look.

Today I am going to finish up the wash, put the dishes away, clean my office desk, exercise, go grocery shopping, and start preparing for this weekends tournament. Sounds great huh. Ahhhh the fun of Mondays...

Hi Stephanie!! Welcome to the group!!
Noodles913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 04:12 PM   #9  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello Everyone

Leenie - I love it! I kept thinking, how can dental floss be funny, then when I saw that it wasn’t really what I thought it was I almost fell out of my chair!

StepBrown – WELCOME!

I had a great weekend, I did okie on my eating and managed to control myself. Weekends are my weakness! I woke up with a sore back this morning and I have to bowl league tonight… *sniffle* I’m doing some very light stretches with it. I hope it’s just a stiff back.

Has anyone started a program called Upromise yet? I signed up with my local Stater Brothers super market. It seems like a really great program. You get this like little card that you can keep on your keychain and whenever you buy groceries, certain items that qualify, you get like a percentage of it and it gets saved to an account. You have to create an account first though and enter the card number so everytime they swipe the card it gets registered on the website. I am not sure how it works, they will be starting up the program next week. That percentage gets saved up for a college fund. If you open up a 529 account (specific kind of children’s college fund) you can get those percentages from the card and it can be transferred to that college fund. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards (if you want) and whenever you use them at certain stores that take a percentage of what you spent. You can also do shopping through them. You log onto their site and go to their shopping section and any online purchase you make through qualifying stores you get a percentage of. They have a huge list of, what’s the word, sponsors. Like Best Buy, Walmart and even restaurants and such. I think it’s a really great program, course I’m a bit iffy on registering my credit card heh, but even the little swipe card helps out. James and I have been looking into setting up a college fund for Brit, so I thought this was a great opportunity. It looks like you can use it just to save money as well. Its worth checking out just for the cash back percentages. www.upromise.com I’ve seen several commericials as well. I don’t think this is a California only thing, I didn’t see anything about that. I just looked up some locations, it looks like is all through out the U.S.

I was just curious if anyone else has heard or even joined the program and wanted to know what you think about it. As for me, from what I see, it looks great. It peaks my interest only because James and I had just talked about setting up a college fund for Brit. Besides, the swipe card was free and creating the online account to manage the funds is free… it cant hurt to try, plus if we feel better we may try our online shopping through them, also having so many big name companies participating in the program makes it look good as well… heheheh okie I rambling on now, I’ll shush

You guys have a great day!

Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 04:28 PM   #10  
Rattie Lover

Thongs = Butt Floss = Ewww!!!
Noodles913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 04:37 PM   #11  

Hi everyone

The wedding was Saturday....it was very nice....had a good time at the reception....our other 2 sons were there with their GFs. Now DH & I are staying at DS1 & his DW's house for another week while they are on a honeymoon....we are taking care of their dog.

Have been doing some cleaning....DH did some vacuuming today....they were so busy the last few weeks.

The weather has been beautiful here....near Vancouver. This morning I got back to my eating plan......have been feeling really good since we have been here....been here for 6 days now.

Leenie....that was funny about the thong....a few years back I went to this store that sold sporting goods & clothes.....I asked for thongs....for your feet....we called them that way back.....the guy asked....what kind of thong....I said the kind for your feet....I laughed...lol.

Stephanie.....welcome!!!!!!!!!!

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 04:45 PM   #12  
Oooo Silly Me!

Oh wanted to ask another thing...

Have any of your ladies tried that air purifier made by Sharper Image. The Quadra Air Purifier. The one that has no fillters and uses very little electricity? It was supposedly given good remarks from the Asthma and Allergy Association and since I have bad asthma, my mother purchased me one for my birthday the other day (still waiting for it to arrive). I was just wondering what anyone has one and what they think about it or maybe even heard about it.

Thanks...
Sue...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 10:16 PM   #13  
Divine Gal

Hey Ladies!!! Welcome Stephanie!! I love Spring storms...They leave such a great scent in the air!!!
I will send dh birthday wishes Cathy thank you!!!

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote