Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-23-2004, 01:42 AM   #1  
Oooo Silly Me!

Default Dilemma: Flabby Skin Avoidance Possible?

Although I am a LONG way off from needing to ask this question, it has come to mind often. Particularly since James and I have been talking about getting a treadmill in the past few months. Sure we’ve looked and the prices have scared us but I was wondering… tho we have argued many pros and cons about getting a treadmill, especially since we moved the 2 huge rat cages out of our bedroom, we now have the room. However here is my dilemma:

Being that I’m approximately 375lbs, I know I’m going to have to sooner or later face the issues of flabby skin. Is it possible to avoid having this flabby skin if we were to put the money we were going to use on a treadmill and purchase a home gym instead where one can tone and firm the body? Just how useful would that be and would it work?

Thanks…
Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 03:30 AM   #2  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

There's a great thread on this in the maintainers forum, written by Meg.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36040

Also, to answer what you asked, I would go w/a home gym, if you're gonna spend that kinda money.

Last edited by SuchAPrettyFace; 04-23-2004 at 03:43 AM.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 04:33 AM   #3  
Oooo Silly Me!

Wow! I guess I should have done a search on my question first huh? Thats a really great link thank you very much!

Sue...
Old 04-23-2004, 04:53 AM   #4  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

There is so much great info here, you could just do a search on every question you have & get tons of great info, but then you would never get to know any of us, either!
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 05:44 AM   #5  
Oooo Silly Me!

Yes, this is very true. I have a habit of just lurking in the shadows. A few people, and Noodles, including yourself have mentioned that. I'm trying to make more of an effort to post more in just the general "Daily Chats" that Lennie and Noodles have pointed out. I find that I'll post for a while, then I'll end up disappearing for months on end, and then come back and lurk, then post, then disappear... It's an endless cycle, much like my dieting hehehe. If I can just get some consistency going (in both diet and posting) maybe I'll get somewhere.

I'm a big chicken when it comes to doctors of any sorts and even worse when you toss the word surgery in. Which I am sure is not to uncommon fo rmost people, after all, who's doesn't have some sort of worries when it comes to surgery? As much as I would like to loose all this weight tommorrow, I'm hoping that if I go slow and do some toning exercises that I just might be able to minimize some flabby skin. I read the link you gave me and of course i know I'm gonna have to deal with some, but I'm hoping that maybe I might have a chance at not having as much flabby skin as I think I may have. I guess when it comes to that, we'll burn that bridge when it gets there.

Again, thanks for that link it answered a lot of questions plus more!

Sue...
Old 04-23-2004, 10:58 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I agree, I don't like the word doctor/surgery/cutting ICK!!! I would definitly need excess skin surgery if I got down to my goal weight but I don't know if I could do it. Part of me says yes and part says HECK NO! I'll get a good girdle lol. But I'd rather be healthy w/flabby skin then over weight and not healthy.

How about some toning tapes and some walking tapes to start out ?? I need to start toning b/c when the wind blows all I hear is applauds and I'm the only one around

Hugs
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 10:59 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

SueMarie, exercise now while your skin is young and elastic. When you get older its MUCH harder for things to bounce back.........HONEST
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 02:35 PM   #8  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hi Leenie...

Yeah, I'm going to be looking into some toning tapes... hmmm wonder if anyone has any suggestions on here... I'll have to post that and see what can come up with. I've been mostly looking at Wal-Mart right now. Noodles says she's had a lot of luck with those pilate tapes she got so I figured maybe could invest in one like that. I bought Richard Simmons "Sweatin to the Oldie 2'" ages ago. I liked it, but dunno why I stopped using it. Course now i gotta find it again LOL. Unfortuntely I'm the worlds biggest procrastinator. (I know take a number right?) hehehe.

Applauds I like that, but look at it as applauds for your accomplishments. I hope that I'll be able to lose something. I'm caught in a very chaotic cycle right now from all the stress at school. There are times where I don't eat much, times where I forget to eat, and times where I pig out cause of the stress. :-( And unfortunately those 6lbs I got happy over and posted about last term was one of those situations. Plus, it's hard to break the habbit of the things I eat to hehe...

Sue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenie
How about some toning tapes and some walking tapes to start out ?? I need to start toning b/c when the wind blows all I hear is applauds and I'm the only one around

Hugs