Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-20-2004, 07:47 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Red face Weekend Chat - March 20 & 21 LIZ' B-DAY

Good Morning Everyone,

Got chocolate chip muffins in the oven for the wee one and boy do they smell good.

Liz HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!!! do you have any Birthday plans this weekend? Hope its a wonderful one hey are you the big 40 this year? (I'll be in august waaah)

No plans today but the house is a mess so I guess that says it all.

Watcha all doing ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 08:17 AM   #2  

Thanks Leen's

Yes I am 40! WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Thanks for the good wishes.

It is 6 am and I am off to work yet again. I have been working for 11 days straight with one day off a long time ago.......I am off tomorrow (myBday) and then on for two more and then off for one and then on for four and then off for four for spring break. Things will slow down considerably in april and may. It has been fun doing the days like the rest of the world but I am getting tired.

Hope you all have a great weekend....ones of these days I will catch up on all the news around here and in every other area of my life.

Be well!

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 10:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Chickadees!

Leenie - I can almost smell your muffins from here! sounds yummy!

Liz - Happy Birthday girlie! I just remembered that you and my dh share the same birthday. His is tomorrow too and it's the big 45. How you handling the thought of turning 40? it didn't bother me at all bec I was too tied up with my oldest ds's chemical imbalance at the time. That's one way to take your mind off of the numbers. I hope that the numbers don't bother you at all and that you have a Blessed Birthday filled with all the good things you deserve!!!!

I got up early and drank my coffee and then went for a 30 minute walk around my 2 mile block in the misting fog. I look like somebody sprayed me down. lol but it felt good to get out and feel the wind on my face.

Gonna color my hair and get cleaned up and fix a quick sausage jambalaya for all the guys around here (would hate for them to starve while I'm gone the rest of the day) and then gotta pick up my mom and be at my neice's church shower by 2:00. Got some errands to run in town too, so will back home this evening in time to bake dh a 3 layer german chocolate cake for his birthday and get my lesson together for tomorrow morning.

What's everybody doing today?

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 11:06 AM   #4  

Smile

Happy birthday Liz and hi to everyone!

Oddly enough, birthdays don't bother me at all. I actually had to ask Roger how old I was yesterday at he bank! We were doing the pre- approval thing for the house.

I found something to eat for breakfast that really holds me well to lunch. It is hard boiled eggs! One or two with turkey sausage is very filling. That could be combined with a salad or a veggie soup for lunch or dinner too.

Family problems are still around. DD is going through what I call the "Is that all there is?" syndrome in her marriage. She is in her 30's, bright, ambitious and BORED! Her DH is a wonderful guy, but not as ambitious and very laid back. Oy vey...what a mess. If they both don't wake up and smell the coffee, they will be dealing with shared custody.

Not much happening that is exciting. Our resident nutcase at church tried to cause an upheavel, but we squelched that. The weather hasn't been told that it is supposed to warm up. And so it goes....
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 02:05 PM   #5  

Good morning everyone

Liz.....Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spring is finally here.....I didn't do to well last week with my eating plan last week....wasn't feeling too great.....sad quite a bit....Friday when I weighed in....I gained 2 lbs.....am trying again today.

DS3 called yesterday....asked if we wanted to go out for Chinese food....so we met him & his GF there....our next door neighbors were there.....so we all sat together....it was nice. Out next door neighbor just started a new job....he is 55.....I sure wouldn't want to start a new job at 55....but you do what you have to do.....he was teaching high school.....but was working....doing counselling part time also....so now he is the directer of the counselling place.

Not much planned today....just some cleaning....some laundry.

April

Last edited by april99; 03-21-2004 at 11:34 PM.
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 02:43 PM   #6  
CIN

Hi Gals
Sittin here eating my apple for the day!
Cleaned and ironed all morning.............it is nice to feel "on top of things" around the house. We had 2 showings on the condo right after lunch. I was going to go to Walmart but more interested in going to the showing!

"Rocky" the dog I am keeping is being so cute and behaving! I was going to take him to the condo but was afraid he would steal the show or pee in a new place so I left him at home!

Hubby & I are going to church at 5:30 tonight since we are both off our "jobs" at church tomorow! It wil be nice to be home al lday! I work as a live editor in the TV room & He works as The Pastors Usher.We seldom are both off the same service.

Got some chili on the stove...............see you all later!

Liz.Have A wonderful Birthday tomorrow!

Lynnie.where are you girl?

Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 02:44 PM   #7  
CIN

Default P.s.

Burned the ground beef while I was talking to you all......of well!
Cin
Old 03-21-2004, 07:30 AM   #8  
Rattie Lover

Happy Birthday Liz !!!

Busy weekend for me...Aunt from Pennsylvania is in town so been doing alot of visiitng. Looks like I am going to make that trip back to NJ, PA, & NY this summer after all so I hope to meet ya Leenie!! I'll be in your state!!

to all of ya!!! Cause we can all use a hug.
Noodles913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 07:54 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Noodles YES we gotta meet, it would be awesome Let me know and I'll try to take a vacation day. We just GOTTA!! lol

GOOD MORNING !!

Happy Birthday Again Liz, hugs kisses and lots of love to you, and many MANY MANY more years to come.

Well I'm heading out to go food shopping b/4 the old church farts get there and jam up the isles lol. Sorry its true lol.

Be back later to chat.

Love Yah's
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 08:58 AM   #10  
CIN

Default Happy Birthday Liz!

Good Morning Gals.
I am heading out to Walmart etc myself......................I went to church last night instead of today.love having that option every once in a while!

Liz....enjoy your day! Eat some cake too!

Cin
Old 03-21-2004, 07:10 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good evening chickadees!

What a busy day! We had a great church service this morning! The music was awesome and the sermon was even awesomER! I know that's not a word but it's all I can think of.

DH has had a nice birthday. After church I fried shrimp and fries and rolls for him, and then we cut his 3 layer german chocolate cake and he opened his presents. Then some of his family drove out to visit and have coffee and cake and it has been a nice afternoon.

Tippy - thanks for sharing with us. I am keeping you and your family in my prayers! I think I'm gonna give your boiled egg and sausage a try for breakfast this week. I didn't even post my food log today - been have an off day but oh well - tomorrow is a new day.

April - chinese food with your ds sure sounds good. and I wouldn't want to have to start a new job at 55 either. wow!

Noodles - hope you get some rest tonight.

Cin - you sound like me...burning your meat while you're on the puter. how did the showing go? and how was walmart? did you buy anything good?

Leenie - did you beat the rush? yum? what good food did you buy?

Well I'm going to veg out in front of the tv and watch Funniest Home Videos and then American Dreams. Would you believe that my throat and ears are killing me again! *sigh* I guess it's just some kind of allergies since there is green pollen all over the cars???

hope everybody has a dreamy nite!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 10:47 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 250/199/165

Height: 5 foot 9

Cathy...I watch American Dreams too! Do you think that Beth will end up keeping her baby?? I am always interested in how exactly they portray these issues on television. I was just about so sad when J.J was looking through all those soldiers who had been killed..looking for his friends brother. So sad, really., even though I know it is a tv show..things like this happened, ya know?

Hope that everyone had a nice weekend.
Snoopysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote