Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 08:25 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Monday, Feb 23rd Chat

Good Morning,

Didn't get a chance to post yesterday or read up so I will do that soon and be right back.

Of course after my coffee & bacon

Leenie
Old 02-23-2004, 09:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Leenie!

I'm noticing that you did great on your food log last week! you go girl! are you still hungry? or did it pass?

Well I made it - 2 weeks induction! I have lost 3 lbs. Of course, I wish it had been more, but I know that 3 is good for me. Today I guess I will go ahead and up my allowable net carbs to 25 per day. If I can keep it down to 20 or less I will, and if I need more veggies, etc. I will allow myself the 25.

I was thrilled to see that everybody jumped on the Word Association thread. I think it will be fun - something different.

The rain is back in Louisiana. Suppose to rain big time today and tomorrow, which will mess up a lot of Mardi Gras plans for people around here. Mardi Gras is a crazy time, so most of us just lay low and try to stay out of the way, so the rain won't bother me too much.

No exercise again today. I've got to go the nursing home during lunch, and then to my sister's after work to finish wrapping up my tax forms.

Don't know if ya'll catch the Focus on the Family radio program each day, but James Dobson is talking with Mel Gibson today about The Passion, and it was a very good interview. Much better then the interview with Diane Sawyer last week. If you want to listen to it, just click on "listen now" under Mel Gibson on 'The Passion' at ....

http://www.family.org/fmedia/broadcast/a0030446.cfm

hope everybody has a great day!

back later,
cathy
Old 02-23-2004, 10:49 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Cath,

I did okay with eating but the weekend I went to high on my calories and saturday I went way over 20 gms carbs, I think it was more like 35 OY... its okay today I"m back at it.

Donna, congrats on being so close to your first goal !! I really haven't set any weight loss goals, all I want is to lose period and slowly is okay too. I'm in no rush this time and boy its a wonderful feeling.

Lynnie, I'm not sure what to do with flabby thighs, I'm sure there's a bunch though. Check out the exercise thread here and ask those folks, be they could help. Let me know what they say, my thighes are like jello

Cin, thats so sad what happened to those dogs, but I"m happy that your friends dog is doing okay. Yikes, I don't know what I would do if anything happened like that to my susie... sigh~

Tippy, hey girlie how ya feeling today ?

April, sorry don't know about the Zone, I've heard of it though. Why are you changing your diet when the one your on is working so well ?

Liz where ya hiding ?
Joanne, you too, peek a boo!

Everyone who I haven't mentioned come out come out where ever you are
Old 02-23-2004, 11:52 AM   #4  

I am floating today too just like Cathy. I have off tomorrow though. Although it is going to rain then too.

I am stalled on my weight loss but I am not giving up hope.

Leenie are you looking for something to tone up your legs? Squats are a really good move for all over leg toning. Now remember though, you can not spot reduce. As terrible as that sounds you have to do an all over body tone to see results.

Cathy I love the word game. I am interested in seeing where it goes.
Old 02-23-2004, 01:21 PM   #5  

Hello everyone!! I am going to try and get back to posting here on a more regular basis. I've missed all of you.

Life is still the same around here for me. I am becoming a great problem solver. I went off of the med that the doctor gave me for depression as it was making me too loopy. I assume it didn't mix well with my other pills. I am doing okay I think though Chris tells me otherwise.

I have been good at putting in my Leslie Sasone tapes and exercising til my knee screams no more. I don't know if the little bit that I do is of much help but I guess that it's better than none at all.

Our deep-freeze went out over the weekend so that was a mess. I was able to salvage a few items but lost 3/4 of the food. Luckily I opened the freezer or would have lost everything. I had stocked up on veggies and fruits so it makes me sick to think that that was money wasted. Did save a turkey and a whole chicken and some fresh blueberries. Those are now in Dad's freezer. I am thankful for that much!!

My weight is still fluctuating...the same 5 lbs are coming and going. Maybe one day I will get that licked and get going in the right direction.

Have a good day and I will try to post again tomorrow.....
Old 02-23-2004, 02:23 PM   #6  

Good morning everone

Cathy.....Congratulations on losing the 3 lbss.!!!!!!!!!!

Leenie......I changed to the Zone because in 20 weeks I have lost 16 lbs.....that seems slow. My DS1 is getting married on May 15.....& I want to lose more weight by then. I also lost an additional 3 lbs. in August last year when I went to ediets....I went there for 3 weeks then....lost 7 lbs. then....kept off 3 lbs.....when I went back to ediets at the end of September.....so altogether I have lost 19 lbs now. Maybe the weight loss is slower as you get older....I know the metabolism slows down as you get older.

Having a good day.....DH & I went to coffee earlier this morning with friends.....I have to go to the store soon to pick up some veggies.

April
Old 02-23-2004, 02:31 PM   #7  

Hey Leenie - weekends are harder to stay on track aren't they!

Hey Kemp - what ya gonna do on your day off tomorrow? I have no idea yet if I'll have to come in to work or not.

Hey Hey Hey Sweetpea! so good to see ya! we've missed you! I hope you'll get your rump in here more often and chat with us! Sorry about your deep freeze! that kind of stuff is so aggravating!

Hey April - good to see ya! have fun at the grocery. how cold is it up in Canada these days?

Where is the rest of our gang?

later gaters,
cathy
Old 02-23-2004, 03:29 PM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

SWEETPEA & KEM !!! HI LADIES, wow I'm so glad to see you both.

Kem, how far down do you squat ? I have arthritis in my knees and back and well if I go down, I ain't coming back up Lucky you, your off tomorrow? I'm jealous.

Sweetpea my dear lady, I'm so happy to see you. I hear ya on the same dang old freakin 5 lbs. I've been struggling w/the 3 I gained over christmas (well I gained more but lost the rest). SASSSAFRASS!!!!! good to see you and I'm glad your gonna post w/us more, we really do miss you.

Cathy, yeah weekends are hard, and to anwer your question, Yes I'm always hungry lol.

April, you go girl, if you have a goal to meet in May then go for it !!!! And what a nice goal to work for

Lizzy, Lynnie, Joanne, Tippy, where are you ?

Huggles!!
Old 02-23-2004, 04:06 PM   #9  

Well I have seen it all now.......

apparently the boss and all the guys got on a job and got to talking about who weighed the most. So on the way back to the office the boss stopped and bought a scale. Now, the boss has just come in explaining that everybody is gonna weigh.

I immediately told him "NOT ME" and he busted out laughing and said "oh no I meant all the guys" and I said "oh good cause I really would hate to get fired today bec I'm not getting on that scale"

Now it's 3:00 in the afternoon, and they all ate a big lunch and are in big ole heavy work boots, and jeans and sweatshirts over their t-shirts, and they are out there now all weighing and hollering at me to guess who weighs the most and who weighs the least and I told them I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole!

MEN!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2004, 06:43 PM   #10  
Rattie Lover

Hi Girls!!

I'm here...but going crazy!! Argh!!

I'll probably be scarce for the next 2 weeks. Tomorrow, the in-laws are coming into town for 2 weeks and I am going around here right now like a mad woman cleaning my house. It isn't filthy, but I have OBC and I like things spotless so...I'm trying to get it back that way after the hub and kid didn't clean for 2 weeks. On top of all of this it's raining and HUMID here and swelling up my joints horribly. Just when I forget I have arthritis, I get reminded by the lovely weather. Pfft!!

We have Rodeo Week here this week and the city gives Thursday & Friday off to the kids so they get a 5 day break. So the kid will be off school and the in-laws want to run all over town doing the tourist thing so...I'll be the designated driver. Fun Fun! Actually it is fun...I like to see the different places that we normally just don't go see.

Now, next week is our convention week in Laughlin. I'll be gone Wed. Thurs. Fri. Sat. Sun. for the convention. Hubby is president of the local chapter so we get to do the stuff that we normally don't get to do. And this falls within our "when we 1st met" anniversary so we're going to celebrate that too while we are away. And the best part is...hubbys company paid for it all! We even got river view rooms!! I'll take pics for ya...

Ok gotta go...if I don't stay on this..I'll never get it done.

Old 02-23-2004, 08:25 PM   #11  
Divine Gal

Here i am Leenie.Sorry I haven't been on today but I was feeling under the weather.I went WW tonight and WI.I am up 2 lbs I have been crying alot over it.I keep losing and gaining the same 2 lbs over and over again.I just don't understand it.

*hugs*
lynnie
Old 02-23-2004, 11:36 PM   #12  
CIN

Default To Lynnie

Lynnie,
Did you track all your food and follow the guidelines this week? I know you have been exercising and thats great but you also need to follow the guidelines with the points,fruits,veggies & milk.

Do not...and I repeat DO NOT give up......ask your Leader to look at your Quik Trak next week. Record everything...and the portion amounts.there is no reason for you to gain if you follow it correctly. Gains happen to everyone for a multitude of reasons........sometimes no explaination for!

Rome was not built in a day.......hang tough girl.....you can and will do this! Do not despair!

Sincerely
Cin
Old 02-24-2004, 09:37 AM   #13  

Noodles - by OBC do you mean obsessive compulsive disorder or obsessive compulsive personality? or talking about something altogether different? just wondering? I hope everything goes really smooth for the next 2 weeks! wow!

Lynnie - looks like Cin already gave you some excellent advice! I knew she would! I was gonna suggest that this week you log down everything you put into your mouth and post it on the food log so we could take a look at it and help ya - but Cin is absolutely right....your WW leader should be able to help by looking at your traker. Also as far as 2 lbs - goodness that can be caused by so many things - wearing different clothes then the last weigh in, or even retaining fluid from salty foods, or that TOM. Just keep on truckin girlie - you have been doing so good and it has got to show up! it just has too!

hugs,
cathy
Closed Thread