Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 10:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Friday Chat, Jan 30

Good Morning Chickadees!

It's 9:30 in Louisiana! where is everybody at?

I'm doing payroll and gonna grab my second cup of coffee and then I'll be back. Just wanted to get our Friday thread up and running!

What's everybody doing today?

hugs,
Cathy
Old 01-30-2004, 10:54 AM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Hi Cathy,
Did not want you to be alone in cyberspace today

Had coffee with the girls, out with a friend later, then older boy off for a haircut....
Excitment at its fullest!

to all the chick.
-L
Old 01-30-2004, 10:56 AM   #3  

Talking

I thought I'd pop in and say hello and to tell everyone to have a good weekend and to stay warm. It's colder than a witches you-know-what here in Wisconsin!

We're doing as little as possible because of the cold. We decided to shop after church instead of going on Saturday.

I'd even miss church but we are having a big congregational Call meeting and we really should be there. The Circuit Counselor will be here and Roger is the Chairman of the Elders, so I guess we'll be there. I've learned more about procedures of the Lutheran church than I ever thought possible!

See ya later!
Old 01-30-2004, 11:06 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Ladies & Lurkers,

I am so busy today even though the boss is out...PHOOIE!
I have a 1 PM meeting but will try to get back in here after that.
Hugs and kisses.....

Behave
Old 01-30-2004, 11:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Well Good Morning Girlies!

L - sooooo good to see ya! Thanks so much for not letting me be alone in cyperspace! I really appreciate that! how ya doing?

Tippy - soooooo good to see ya too! ya'll must be freezing up there! I know you'll be at church Sunday morning - they need ya there! Will the church be looking at a new pastor in view of a call, or will the church actually be voting, or is it just a church meeting at a new pastor??? nosey rosey wants to know!

Leenie - I can't believe your boss is finally gone for a minute and you are STILL busy! rats! I read "hugs and kisses" and now guess what I'm thinking about.....yep! you got it! CHOCOLATE! sad but true! but I'll be good and only think about it, especially since I already lost my mind and had 2 oatmeal cookies this morning.

April, you asked about my "apple and yogurt". Actually that is something new I started eating just this week. On Dr Phil on Monday, his nutritionist mentioned it and it sounded good so I tried it and it is. You cut an apple into chunks, add plain yogurt (but I used fat free strawberry) and then a little cinnamon and vanilla, bec they do something to your brain chemicals (serotonin I believe) and keeps you from getting hungry and it is VERY GOOD. I like it. You could also add some All Bran or wheat germ if you wanted to. But it's a good way to get another apple into your day.

I bought some new compact 10 lbs handweights yesterday. The ones I have are old and about 6 or 8 inches around on both sides and they "bug me" so I treated myself to a new and improved style. So when I got home, I fixed all the guys supper, which was just deer sausage on buns, and then I did strength training for 20 minutes on my exercise ball. yea me! My arms are a little soar. You know 10 lbs in each hand is heavy for a old gal when you do 2 sets of 15 reps or 3 sets of 10 reps. I'm such a whimp - but I'm trying! My boys come in just to check out my weights and snicker at me cause they both bench about 200 lbs. brats! but they don't bench that on an exercise ball that is moving around under them!

Hey! have ya'll noticed all the people posting on the daily food log! come on and join us if you can!

I hope everybody has a great day!

hugs,
Cathy
Old 01-30-2004, 02:17 PM   #6  

Good morning everyone

Cathy....the apple & yogurt recipe sounds good....I might try it. Sometimes I put wheat germ on my cereal....so I might try it with the wheat germ.

This week I stayed the same.....but last weekend....I wanted to eat everything in sight....so I guess I am lucky that I stayed the same.....doing well with my eating plan the last 5 days.

My DS1 is getting married in May.....I have a dress that I wore for DS2's wedding.....4 years ago....I wore it only the 1 time....what do you think about wearing it for DS1's wedding?....I paid over $250 for it with the alterations.

It is cold here....but not as cold as earlier in the week....today it is -12C.....it's starting to snow now.

April
Old 01-30-2004, 03:00 PM   #7  
CIN

Talking boooooooooooooooooooo

Hi Gals!
Glad to see a little activity in here............good to see L!
We got a little snow and they cancelled everything as usual.

I am sittin here having my "apple break".I eat at least one a day and havent been sick in ages...perhaps that old saying IS TRUE!????????

We have been here at our new place a month so even though I havent finished hanging pictures and stuff I invited 3 couples over for lunch Sun after church.We are all making something ( including a turkey)and putting it together.it is so easy that way! You can visit so much better than in a restaurant! I may even use my china..why not? What is it for anyway? Ha!I decided life is too short to wait for perfection.just get together and enjoy each others company.

Wish we could all have a potluck.wouldnt that be fun?

Sooooooooooooooooooooo that is my plans for the weekend!

Enjoy yours too!
Cin
Old 01-30-2004, 03:16 PM   #8  
Divine Gal

Hello Ladies... Sorry I haven't been on.Between my being sick and yesterday ;I fell and jammed my fingers really bad.I haven't been wanting to get online.Plus this is my PMS week. TOM should be her around next wednesday or thursday.So I am bloating, craving sweets and kinda of moody. I think I am eating to many carbs.If someone could take a look at my food log and let me know what you think I would appreciate it.But I have had soda for the past 2 days.

*hugs*
lynnie
Old 01-30-2004, 03:58 PM   #9  
CIN

Default for Lynnie

Lynnie
I checked your food log. May I suggest you eat more fruits and veggies and include milk? Read the 8 steps to a healthy weight loss on pg 14 in your week one book. You are drinking twice the amount of water that is suggested.......might be a bit much and making your weight loss not show up as much as it could be. Kinda like anything.some is good but a whole lot more is not necessarily better! Get what I mean? Of course we know its a great habit to have! Hope this helps.I might also say have a variety so you dont get bored with it! You are doing a great job recording! Keep it up!
Cin
Old 01-30-2004, 04:10 PM   #10  

Cathy, this meeting is so that the whole congregation and view the "resumes" of all the Pastors. We, as the Call Committee, have looked already and I think we all have our favorites. In our Constitution, it clearly says that every member of our church has the right to vote, so we're going to let them. All we need is some whiner down the road complaining that he or she didn't get to vote!
The parsonage is ready to go. It took 7 months of continual work to rid it of rats, mice, chipmunks, INCHES of dog droppings in the basement and inches of mouse droppings in the cupboards. The living room floor had to be ripped out to the studs because the wood was saturated with dog urine. The toilets, sinks and tub were replaced because the former pastor's wife didn't clean them for 11 years.
I heard that someone visited the former pastor and his wife. Get this...they have a WOODCHUCK living in their house but there is soooo much junk stuffed in there, they can't find it. If you want, do a search on "disposaphobia" and you'll get an idea what part of the problem is.
Old 01-30-2004, 04:17 PM   #11  
Divine Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIN
Lynnie
I checked your food log. May I suggest you eat more fruits and veggies and include milk? Read the 8 steps to a healthy weight loss on pg 14 in your week one book. You are drinking twice the amount of water that is suggested.......might be a bit much and making your weight loss not show up as much as it could be. Kinda like anything.some is good but a whole lot more is not necessarily better! Get what I mean? Of course we know its a great habit to have! Hope this helps.I might also say have a variety so you dont get bored with it! You are doing a great job recording! Keep it up!
Cin
Thanks Cin and April...
Old 01-30-2004, 07:55 PM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Gals,

Lynnie, I don't know what to tell you about your carbs, I think since you are following WW, Cin's advice would be the best. If after a few weeks you want to lower your carb intake, let us know, maybe we could suggest a few things. Your doing wonderful kiddo, don't give up. Sorry you fell, good thing you didn't break anything. And don't worry, its okay to be MIA for a while, especially when auntie flo is visiting ICK.

Hang in there !!

Hugs and Dark Chocolate Kisses
Old 01-30-2004, 08:30 PM   #13  
Divine Gal

Thanks Leenie....
Closed Thread