Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 09:00 AM   #1  

Angry Thursday January 29

Hi

I have had a rough week. The weather is so cold here in Alberta that things have shut down. With the windchill it has been as cold as -49 degree C.

I also have the flu and am in a funk as deep as the sea.

I have read a few posts and will try to catch up later.

Nice to see that this board is really moving,

BBL

Liz
Old 01-29-2004, 09:26 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Liz, and Everyone to follow....

OY Lizzy, sorry you got the flu, and being in a funk surely doesn't help the matter. I hope your not working thru all of that ?

Its thursday YEAH!! one more day and its the weekend got all my laundry done yesterday and straightened out the house a bit so its not so over whelming this weekend.

Weather wise its supposed to get to the high 30's I know that sounds cold but its been like 10 - 15 degrees, feels like a heat wave coming

Any good plans for the weekend ?

Linny, I see you've dropped some weight lady

Leenie
Old 01-29-2004, 12:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

It's been busy around here this morning, after getting to work very late bec I was stuck in the world's largest traffic jam of the century! At least there wasn't any snow to go along with the traffic, like some of ya'll have to deal with it.

Liz - I'm so sorry you have the flu and are feeling bad! Hope you get much better quickly! hugs!

Leenie - was it hard getting into work today? I haven't really thought much about the weekend yet, but I know the Superbowl is Sunday evening so I'm sure there will be something going on around my house with all my guys.

Tippy - it was so good to see ya yesterday. Sounds like everybody needs a snow plow up there! wow! what ya been cooking in your crockpot lately?

April - doesn't it feel great to get a good haircut!

I'm fixing to eat my apple and yogurt, and then in about an hour, I'll put on my tennis shoes and loose shirt and go walk during lunch.

later gaters,
cathy
Old 01-29-2004, 02:31 PM   #4  

BTW, we a movie that just came out on dvd last night. "Radio" with Ed Harris and Cuba Gooding, Jr. and it is such a GOOD movie. So many good lessons in it. And it is based on a true story in 1976, which was the year before we graduated, so it was full of the music we listened to as teenagers. Anybody else seen it?

Hey? anybody exercising today? I walked for 50 minutes during lunch!
Old 01-29-2004, 02:42 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

WOW Cathy, good going on the exercise
Old 01-29-2004, 04:07 PM   #6  
Walking by faith

Default Hi Ladies

I'm sorry everyone is having such a crummy winter. . You're right Leenie-the 30's is practically a heat wave!

Liz: Please take care of yourself. Get plenty of rest and let your DH and DDs
pamper you

Cathy: Good for you with the walking. Your food sounds good too!

Tippy, Lynnie, April, CIN: Hope you're having a great day!

Has anyone tried South Beach? I'm really struggling-I've realized that I'm a carb addict. Not so much sugar as starches; bread, rolls, bagels, pasta, etc.
I've been feeling discouraged lately-a lot happening at home. But I can't let my other problems distract me from taking care of myself.

Thanks for letting me rant
Old 01-29-2004, 04:18 PM   #7  

Hey Joanne!

Well that is the shortest rant I've ever read!

I know that Tippy was doing South Beach and was doing well with it. I don't know if she is still doing it or not. I have talked with several people that are doing South Beach and they love it. It seems to be very similar to Sugarbusters which is big here in the South, but Sugarbusters doesn't have the 3 different stages that South Beach has. I know on both of these plans you can have good carbs, but not the white/sugary ones. I know there is a forum here at 3fatchicks for those on South Beach. You may be able to check it out and see how they are doing on it.

And you are so right - you cannot let other things keep you from taking care of yourself - we can't take care of anything or anybody else, if we don't take care of ourselves.

You can "rant" anytime you need to - we're here!

hugs,
cathy
Old 01-29-2004, 05:39 PM   #8  

Hi everyone

Liz.....sorry you are't feeling well.....hope you are feeling better soon.

Leenie....DH & I are going to the neighbor's for dinner tomorrow evening....DH looks after their house when the go away.....they were away for about 2 months this winter.

Cathy....I must have missed something....you talk about eating your apple & yogurt....do you eat it plain or do you do something to it.

Today & yesterday have been good days for me. I now realize....all the days I felt sad this month were days I just couldn't get out of bed....so I used the light box later than 9 A.M......apparently it has to be used by 9 in the morning to work....the last 2 mornings I got up in time to use it by 9....I have asked DH to help me get out of bed in time.

April
Closed Thread