Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 09:42 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Tuesday Chat - Jan 20th

Good Morning,

BBL......

Leenie
Old 01-20-2004, 10:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

I'm so tired I can't even think. And to top it off I woke up with a terrible rash all over my chin and cheeks. I think it's hives, but I'm not sure bec I've never had this before. My face is itching and burning and I LOOK BEAUTIFUL! Nerves can cause hives right?

My mother is sick as a dog - I think its pneumonia myself. That is why I tended to my grandmother at noon yesterday, then I had to see about mom, then while driving home a friend called crying asking where I was and what I was doing. She was at work and her blood pressure was up real high, and her left side was hurting. I went to see about her, and ran around getting her blood pressure cuff and meds, and stayed with her for 3 hours at work while they found somebody to replace her, then I stayed with her at home for 2 hours til her son got home. I didn't want to leave her alone in case she was gonna have a heart attack or something. But she did what her doc told her to do, (took an extra med, and got in bed, elevated her feet and calmed down) and she seemed better by 10 when I left. When I finally walked in my door at home, both of my teenagers (who should have been getting to bed) waited about 2 seconds to get my foot in the door and had things to ask and tell me. Took care of the things that couldn't wait and put the rest on the back burner, showered and collapsed in bed and tried to keep from crying bec I was just soooooooo tired. Broke my exercise streak too. Before yesterday I had exercised for 9 days straight *sigh* but didn't get it in bec well...... LIFE HAPPENS!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh poop! I just spilt my cup of coffee all over my khaki pants! great! I think I need a nap!

Ok changing subject....did anybody see Dr. Phil and/or Oprah yesterday? they were both on weightloss. I taped them but haven't seen them yet.

I'll be back later (I hope)

hugs,
cathy
Old 01-20-2004, 11:13 AM   #3  

Cathy you are such a great friend to be doing what you did. I Know you are tired but you did a great thing yesterday. I only hope that I will have someone like that if I get sick.

Not to much going on today. It was 20 when I woke up this morning at 6:30. BRRR. At least for down here it is. I felt bad putting the dogs in the pen outside. I figured they had each other to keep them warm.

School is going great. I brought my books to work today to work on a few things and I have been working on clients every day that I go. The only time I still get nervous is when I am working on someones face and neck. I get scared that I am going to hurt them or do something wrong. But, the instructor things that I am ready to work onthem so I will just push through my fear. I need to get over it anyway. I will be doing it for a living in a few months.
Old 01-20-2004, 11:41 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Everyone,

Cathy, boy you had a busy hectic day, no wonder your pooped. When the body is stressed it does all sort of funky things, hives is one. I usually break out in cold sores when I am really stressed then I get a cold. Just breath deep and go slow today, don't worry about doing anything except take each moment as it comes. You might want to take some extra vitamin c's just incase. Hang in there.

Kem, good to hear school is going well. I would be nervous about touching people's faces too. I would suspect that would be a common fear at first, but no doubt you'll be doing it w/out even thinking about it soon.

Well tonigh I pack my bags for a Company business trip. I'll be off tomorrow afternoon to PA 2 1/2 hrs from here (thats where our other plant is) , and staying there over night because thursday I have a meeting to attend and it must be a face to face meeting, no teleconferencing.......OY VEY! )!@%&#%& !!! dumb scum. First time I will be away from dd and it breaks my heart. I don't like to travel, and if they ask me again down the road I'm gonna have to decline. Phooie on them !!! give me a hefty raise and I might think about it but until then NOPERS!!!! So I won't be in here on thursday unless I post at night when I'm home.

Other than that, nothing is new SOSDD!!!

Talk to you later.

HEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LYNNIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how did you do at WW ?
Old 01-20-2004, 11:59 AM   #5  

Hi guys!
I thought I'd pop in. Not that there is anyting to report. Am sitting here eating a product called Just the Nuts by Poppycock. It's nuts in a sugary glaze. Real diet food....NOT!

It is really, really cold here today. Awful! And, tonight we have to go to a church meeting. Brrrr!

Been doing some crocheting for the next church auction. Do you all think anyone will want to buy crocheted doilies and such? Hope so.
Old 01-20-2004, 04:00 PM   #6  

Hey Kemp - thanks! I'm sure you are great with your clients! I would rather somebody working on my face to be a little nervous about hurting me! ;-) I'm sure you're doing fine!!!!

Hey Leenie - I think you're right! Some extra Vitamin C sure wouldn't hurt. Thanks for the reminder. Your first trip away from dd. Oh my! But it'll be fine I'm sure. Will dh pick her up from daycare and then get her back to daycare the next day? will you be driving for 2 1/2 hours in ice and snow? you be careful girlie and get back here as quick as you can!

TIPPY!!!! it's so good to see ya!!! you need to pop in more often! we miss ya when you're not here! Just the Nuts by Poppycock sounds wonderful to me!!!! yum! I'm sure your crocheted doilies will sell. Those type of things sell like crazy around here in Louisiana bec people just don't take the time to make things like that anymore. Let us know how it goes.

Where is the rest of our gang today?

hugs,
cathy
Old 01-20-2004, 04:16 PM   #7  
Divine Gal

Default Hi Ladies

Last night I weighed and was fully disappointed in myself. I gained 2 lbs. I was so mad at myself but I didn't binge.I just don't understand what was wrong....To much salt not enough water who knows.

Oh well me and dh are back at it today....

*hugs*
lynnie
Old 01-20-2004, 04:25 PM   #8  

Lynnie, I know it's hard but try not to get discouraged. It could have been something as simple as having on different clothes or even a difference in water weight from day to day. It could have even been that you drank water all day yesterday, because you were being good and getting it in, but didn't drink water the day of your first weight in? Did you eat supper before this meeting and not the last one? But Please Please Please don't let it throw you off the track. If you keep it up it will eventually show up. It just has too girlie! Why don't ya go ahead and post on the daily food journal and we'll help each other out. Hopefully next weigh in you may be presently surprised! Those scales are evil I tell you!!!!! but you won when you didn't let it throw you into a binge!!!!! YOU CAN DO THIS LYNNIE! I KNOW YOU CAN!

hugs,
cathy
Old 01-20-2004, 04:27 PM   #9  

Lynnie, I'm betting that it is too much salt and not enough water! Don't let that scale run your life. Just keep on keeping on!
Old 01-20-2004, 08:43 PM   #10  
CIN

Hi Gals
Been busy like everyone else. Heading for Ohio in the morning around 7....to attend a graveside service for a 49 yr old cousin of mine.

It is quite cold here too but I dont mind. I love cold weather myself! To each his own.right?

TTYL
Cin
Closed Thread