Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 09:00 AM   #1  
Divine Gal

Default Monday 1-19-04

Good Morning Ladies.Rise and shine.I have a appointment to see my gyno today for my annual...OHHHHH AHHHHH Plus I WI tonight.I hope I have done pretty well or at least lost a pound..

well bbl hope yall have a great morning.

hugs
lynnie
Old 01-19-2004, 10:18 AM   #2  

Default Good morning!

Hi everyone.

I worked all weekend. It was a good weekend. The girls and hubby got lots done while I was at work yesterday which is always nice.

I am off today so I will do the bathrooms and vaccum and put some laundry away. I work days tues, wed and thurs which is nice......we will have our evenings together.

My five year old is doing great at swimming....there are some 12 year olds in her class and she keeps up quite well. It is a 45 min class..she does that two days a week.....and she does a 45 min rythmic gymnastic class once a week. So she is doing her cardio!

My twelve year old has basketball twice a week.....I want to get her moving a couple times a week. I find with our busy scheduale....they don't get enough exercise unless it is structured....though they did go skating with Dad on Friday.

Off and running! Have a great week everyone!

Liz
Old 01-19-2004, 10:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Chickadees!

Liz, it's so good to see ya! Sounds like ya'll are busy and active!!!! hugs!

Lynnie, have fun at the docs! aren't you glad it's only once a year! I hope the WI goes well tonight. Enjoy the meeting.

It's busy around here this morning at work! Is anybody else working today? I've got plenty to do. I won't get to walk during lunch today bec I need to tend to my grandmother at noon, but I will do my best to get it in as soon as I get home tonight, if my energy holds out.

Where is the rest of our gang?

I will check back later chickadees!

hugs,
cathy
Old 01-19-2004, 10:33 AM   #4  

Lynnie I wish you luck at your weigh in. I am sure that you have done great. Is your hubby still doing it with you?

Liz it sounds like you have an olympic swimmer on your hands. It is great that your two are so active. Even if it is structured it is better than nothing at all.

I am still just going to school and working. This past weekend was the last one of hunting season so I will be getting my hubby back. I am very excited about that. I think I might be dropping a few pounds. I can't tell if it is water weight though. I am just going to keep on trudgin through and see what happens. I sat out in the sun yesterday and I am amazed at how good I felt last night and right now. I am just thankful I am able to sit outside right now. I know you guys up north are pretty darn cold.
Old 01-19-2004, 10:45 AM   #5  

Smile Weekly Food Log?

Hey Kemp! we were posting at the same time. Yes yesterday was the last day of duck season. This morning when my alarm went off at 5:30 dh grumbled about me getting up so early, bec he knows I make lots of noise in the bathroom getting a shower and washing hair and putting on makeup and blow drying hair LOL he wanted to know why I have to get up at 5:30 to be at work at 8:00 LOL like I haven't been doing that for almost 25 years now. (good grief I didn't need to be reminded of the number of years I've been doing that), but I didn't figure he wanted another run down of my morning schedule at 5:30 when he was asking - I think it was just a rhetorical question anyway! LOL

Kemp - you must have sat out in the sun in the morning yesterday? it was pretty when we got to church, and came out of church, but yesterday afternoon it got miserably dreary again on this end of Louisiana. This morning the sky is beautiful blue and its about 40, which is cool for us, especially after being in the 70's last week. Tonight I think we are suppose to be down to 28. wooooooohoooooooo!

Kemp - what ya doing to drop some weight? I mean "exactly what are you doing?" LOL maybe it's something I need to know about girlie.

My sister in law told me last night, that on Oct 26 she quit eating after 6 pm and has now lost 23 lbs. I am so thrilled for her. I don't usually eat after 6 (or 7) anyway, but I'm telling you what gang, I could have not eaten a bite since Oct 26, and I still wouldn't have lost 23 lbs! *sigh*

Soooooooo anyway.....Anybody wanna join me on the Weekly Food Log?

hugs,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 01-19-2004 at 10:58 AM.
Old 01-19-2004, 11:01 AM   #6  

Cathy my hubby still had to get up at 4:30 to head out for work. He had to drive to Houston so he left early. I cna't beleive he can do that. I am one of those people that needs lots of sleep.

It was beautiful all day over here. There were hardly any clouds in the sky. I think we lucked out on my end of the state. The dog and the cats loved having the doors open. They could come and go as they please. They are so cute, around 2 the all came inside to take naps. I would think they would want to be in the sun but I guess they are just really spoiled.

I am just really watching what I am eating. I am making sure that I eat what the serving suggestion is on the package. I try to record everything in fitday too. That helps me when I get to see the numbers. I love the graph for your wieght. I did this last year and lost about 15 lbs. Of course it all came back once I started eating my old way. I wish I would have stuck with it. I bet I would be at goal all ready.
Old 01-19-2004, 11:01 AM   #7  

Default More Fiber?

It's me again!

I've been trying to add more fiber to my diet and just had some yogurt with All Bran cereal mixed into it. Was wondering if anybody has tried that? it is really good!!!! I like the crunch in the yogurt, and the yogurt is sweet so the All Bran doesn't taste bland. I have had yogurt with wheat germ before, but I really like the All Bran too!

chatty cathy
Old 01-19-2004, 12:40 PM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Sorry I can't read, but I'm here !!!
I'll catch up tonight when I get home
Old 01-19-2004, 01:40 PM   #9  
Divine Gal

I am back and the appointment went well.I am getting alittle excited to see what tonight holds as far as the WI.Dh weighs in too...I have to admit though I tried the Fast Track through the weekend and it was hard so I switched to my regular points. I am not upset about it; I will just try again a different time.But I still have to say I am exercising.... From 32 to 20 points with no flex points OMG ..... I found myself binging at one point not to bad but bad enough thats why i switched.... DH said I was really crabby too...

But I am off to do some exercising I will BBL.

*hugs*
lynnie
Old 01-19-2004, 04:44 PM   #10  

Good afternoon everyone

Feeling good today....DH & I met friends for coffee this morning....it is a beautiful day today....blue sky...mild also.

Doing well with my eating plan today....not too much happening here today.

April
Old 01-19-2004, 05:02 PM   #11  
Walking by faith

Thumbs down Good day ladies

Just kind of a lazy day down here. It's been muggy and cloudy, but the sun is trying to break through. Today is my DH's day off, so what are we doing? Watching "Godzilla vs. Mothra" ! Tonight we're having frozen pizza for dinner. I want to get it out of my house, so I'm helping DH get rid of it Other than that, my food's been o.k.

Lynnie: I'm excited for you! I know you're going to have a great weigh-in at WW. As for the fast track, don't worry-you stayed within your normal points.
: ).

Cathy & Kemp: I'm sure you're both glad not to be "duck widows" anymore!

Kemp: Sounds like you're doing great with your program!

Cathy: How can you get up at 5:30 am and still be so full of energy?

Leens: Have you started defrosting up there yet?

Liz: Good to see you. What a blessing to have DH and the girls clean house for you : )

Have a Marvelous Monday!
Old 01-19-2004, 07:51 PM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Joanne, Lynnie, Kem, Cathy, Lizzy, good to see everyone.

Kem thats marvelous that you are droping weight ! Fitday really helps me to, if I don't log into fitday, I will eat over 2k day w/no problem, its a great tool. How's school?

Lynnie, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you tonigh !! I know you did good

April, enjoy those blue skys.

Joanne, I love frozen pizza's, what I really like is Pizza Rolls MMMMMM! can eat a million of those things. Enjoy your evening/day with DH.

Liz, tell your girls and dh, that they can come to my house ANYTIME and clean for me I'll even make them lunch lol. Its so nice when family pitches in. Especially after a long day at work, its like ahhhhhhhhhh!

Cathy, hope your visit w/ G'ma was a good one. I've never tried albran w/yogurt. You know what I do love is wheat germ w/yogurt, they even make crunchy wheat germ (but its more calories than the plain) but boy is that ever so good. I've been trying to increase my fiber too. So all weekend I ate ALOT of cabbage and veggies. Tonight I had over 2 cups of fresh brocolli. YUM. Also some coleslaw. I'm also trying to fill the belly with things other than cheese and pepperoni lol.

Nothing new here, sosdd. The weather was not so bad (well except the 3" of snow we had yesterday) I think its 23 degrees out which isn't as bad as 0. LOL. Hurry Spring !!!

Talk to you all tomorrow.

Hugs, Leenie
Closed Thread