Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 08:14 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekend Chat - January 10 & 11

Good Morning and Happy Saturday Everyone,

How's everyone doing after the holidays ? some times people slump into a depression after the holidays, is everyone okay ?

So far I'm doing okay, I haven't had any long bouts with it. Hope your all okay.

Nothing planned for the weekend, its to darn cold out, arctic air eeeek!

My kitchen needs cleaning and the living room needs to be straightened out but thats about it.

Is everyone back OP ? I'm doing okay, I"m op but to high on the calories So its time to crack down on that too.

TTYL, Love Leenie
Old 01-10-2004, 10:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Well Good Morning Leenie! you're in here bright and early this morning. I am fixing to start cleaning house, but I made myself do my 3 mile walk aerobics tape with handweights first. It takes 45 minutes, and then I did situps. Now I have at least 4 hours of cleaning to do in this house, but wanted to pop in here first.

I think I'm ok after the holidays Leen. Thanks for asking! But dh is very moody and we have all been walking on eggshells around here. I tried talking to him about it but that didn't go over real well. So we're just giving him some space and trying to not make waves. ;-) I'm sure it will pass. Sometimes tho it seems like we've always got to deal with somebody's moodiness. If it isn't the teenagers then it's mom or dad! *sigh*

I'm glad to hear you are doing ok with it! Sometimes I think we are just too busy to figure out what kind of mood we are in anyway huh.

Lynnie - I am so glad to hear that you are gonna go to WW this week. Girlie you are gonna love the meetings! I use to love going and being around people that were doing the same things I was doing. Have you ever gone to the meetings before? Keep us posted.

I wonder when Cin when have time to pop in and let us know what all she has been doing? I know she got to be busy with WW and getting moved in. Can't wait to hear some details.

Tippy - is it cold up there girlie? wow! stay warm! hey? what's in the crockpot today?

Joanne - hope things are better this weekend!

Liz - what ya up to? working or off?

Kemp - do you have to study on the weekends?

Anna - how ya doing?

LindaT and Sweetpea - what ya'll up to?

You know how my memory is girls - I know I'm forgetting a bunch and I certainly don't mean to. I hope everybody can pop in for a minute and keep us posted.

Hope everybody has a blessed day!

hugs,
Cathy
Old 01-10-2004, 11:52 AM   #3  

Angry Morning~!

I was awakened by my dd5 at 7 am but went back to sleep until 9 am........so that was nice....not working this weekend.....which is nice....I put hubby and both dd's to work after supper last night and we got the whole rest of the house done in about 3 hrs....I had done most of the lower level all through the week and managed the laundry....I let my housekeeper go for the new year and so told the family they were going to have to pitch in......and it mostly went well.....and everything is ok. I do need to fine tune the laundry room, 3 closets and the office,,,,,and the play area in the basement......but those will be conquered one at a time while I am home alone.......

My girlfriend is arriving from outof town just for the night and so I am looking forward to seeing her.

I am still tring to get feeling good......I have been ill since Dec 5......I am all stuffed up in the morning, ear ache and plugged ear, harsh cough etc.....threw out my toothbrush and am doing lots of handwashing so we shall see....gotta ride it out I guess.......but have been run down.

MY hubby was moody for 6 months plus...I even tried to get his friends to get it out of him in early novemeber......he has a close girlfriend and she coulnd't even get him to spill....he was really bad the night I got home from my scrapping weekend the end of Nov and that is when I finally got him to tell me what was going on....... we will get through it.

I am not depressed really as far as post holiday stuff goes.....I kind of feel better than most years........I am feeling the need to reach out to my girlfriends and reconnect with them. I really have gotten bogged down with work over the past several years and then any energy and time I had left I saved for home....but I do need my friends and I have some good ones!

I started a thread of new years goals etc but it didn't exactly take off.....I think it is important not so much to have resolutions but to regroup and have goals......daily, weekly, monthly, etc.

Lynnie congrats on the ww thing....I got one of those 1/2 price things in the mail as well...I had great results on ww.....the whole being accountable on weigh in day works well for me.......I just didn't keep up all the things I learned and so have put some of the weight back on....let us know how it goes.

Cathy hang in there with a grouchy hubby and 4 hours of housework.....doesn't sound like much fun......but that's life I suppose.

Leens it sounds like you have a quiet weekend planned. How is that baby girl?

So is everything back to normal around here.....what happened anyway....should go snoop around the rest of the site.....I always come straight here.

Have a great day everyone.

I have to go return a few things and then it is just R & R for me!

Liz

p.s. I don't get e-mails when others post antmore

Last edited by liz321; 01-10-2004 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-10-2004, 12:18 PM   #4  

Good morning everyone

It has been some days since I have been here. Have been feeling really sad since Dec. 26....on & off. I was using the light box every day in the morning.....then would use it in the afternoon.....but would forget to use it in the afternoon sometimes......being busy & doing things....then I would have a day of being sad.....now I have used it in the afternoon for 4 days & the last 3 days have been good.

Over the holidays....went off my eating program for about 6 days....gained 1 lb.....back OP now & lost 15.5 lbs. now!!!

April
Old 01-10-2004, 12:21 PM   #5  
Divine Gal

Default Saturday Morning

I am so tired this morning but its mainly because TOM is here. So I am basically feeling bloated and tired.YUCK!Other then that not much to do.I was going to go to the meeting this morning but my BIL decided he didn't know whether he wanted to use the truck or not. So when I was looking there are two meetings tomorrow but if he decides he is going to be like this again; I will have to wait till Monday or Tuesday.It stinks not having our own vehicle.

BBL Hope yall have a great day...

*hugs*
lynnie
Old 01-10-2004, 03:02 PM   #6  

Hey Gang! it's good to see some posts from our good buddies!

Liz - I'm glad you don't have to work this weekend! Was letting your housekeeper go one of the changes you were talking about making after the first of the year? That sounds like a huge change to me! I was thinking today, when I had been cleaning for almost 4 hours, that I sure do need a maid. If I could find some money for one I would grab me one in a new york second. I get so tired of spending my day off cleaning, but there is something inside of me that will not let it go. Maybe someday I won't worry about keeping this place neat and clean???

April - I knew I had been missing you! With the site down so much this week I couldn't remember who had posted and who hadn't. Congrats on only a 1 lb gain during the holidays - I think that is GREAT! and GREAT BIG CONGRATS ON A TOTAL LOSS OF 15.5 LBS NOW - THAT'S AWESOME!

Lynnie - tell your BIL that I said to let you use the truck tomorrow bec it is very important! :-) Wouldn't it be great to make a friend at WW that lived by you that could give you a ride to the meetings - then you wouldn't have to depend on BIL's truck!

Well I have got to get a shower and get cleaned up. I really should color my hair but I think I will save that for another day. I'm gonna take the rest of the day off. :-)

hugs,
cathy
Old 01-10-2004, 05:00 PM   #7  
Divine Gal

Yeah it would Cathy but its looks like its going to be either Monday or Tuesday that I can go.
Old 01-11-2004, 09:49 AM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Ladies,

Well I've already gone food shopping, I was there at 7:15 am just to beat the old fart, mom's w/a billion kids running around croud pheeeeew! I stocked up on LOTS of veggies, frozen and can, the sales were pretty good. Its a shame that fresh is so expensive, I did get fresh cauliflower for 1.50 a head last week they were at 3.99 a head? guess they are trying to get rid of them b/4 they go bad. I'm going to increase my carbs by veggies and decrease my calories to about 1400 (well I'm going to try), the prob is I'm so hungry esp at night and I'm filling up on cheeses and meats, yes they are atkins friendly but the calories were hitting 2000+ and I won't lose weight that way, so I figured, if I increased my carbs and filled up on veggies, but at the same time decrease calories by filling up on veggies, how bad can that be ???

I gained 3 lbs during chrismas so I need to get that off quickly and get to my weight b/4 I started eating cookies lol.

Okay off my soapbox lololol.

I didn't do anything yesterday, I thought I would clean HAAAAAA what joke, I stayed in my jamies and relaxed so today I must get my cleaning and laundry done.

Its very cold here, some towns hit below 0 yesterday burrrr!!

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone
Old 01-11-2004, 03:22 PM   #9  

Good Afternoon Leenie! boy you were up and out early this morning. So like how cold was it at 7:15 this morning? Sounds like a good plan to add more veggies. Do you like to eat salads? I usually eat a big salad at night, especially if I'm feeling hungry. It takes a long time to eat it and not many calories. Glad you got to relax yesterday. Hope you get everything done today.

I got up early and drank my coffee and then did a 2 mile walk aerobics tape with handweights and then situps and then got ready for sunday school and church. It was about 30 here this morning which is cold for us, but I'm sure that is warm compared to you. Looks like its gonna be about 50 this afternoon.

What's everybody up to today?

hugs,
cathy
Old 01-11-2004, 06:06 PM   #10  

Oh, today I did exciting stuff like doing laundry, changing the two cat litter boxes, clipping cat nails and such stiff. We went to church this morning and had our first Bible class since our Pastor left. Our interum Pastor taught me more today about the Bible than I ever learned in the months and months I went before. This man is truly fascinating.

Yesterday, I did a senior thing! We had planned on going to the city in the morning but dumbie me took my meds. Since I take two diuretics there was no way I was going to try to make it to the city! With or without Depends! We went later in the day after I quit running to the bathroom.

Nothing else new here...exept the litter.
Closed Thread