Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 08:43 AM   #1  
Divine Gal

Default Tgif

Good Morning ladies.I thought I would start this morning.
I hope yall have a great day and weekend.
BBL
*hugs*
lynnie
Old 11-14-2003, 09:04 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Yeah Lynnie, I'm glad I'm not here by myself this morning, its scary lol.

How yah feeling today ?

Nothing much going on SOSDD. MIL told me last night that they found a lump on her breast so please say a little prayer for her. She's gone thru so much, poor thing. I just wish she'd get a new doctor, get this... her doctor told her she could get a biopsy now or wait 3 months ??????????????????????? I SAID WHAT !!!!!!!!!! wait 3 months for what, what kind of advice is that to give to someone w/a lump on her breast? OY, I could have jumped thru the phone. I told her "Mom, I hope your not going to wait" she said "no she wasn't"...pheeeew! Her doctor has done alot of supid things but for some reason elderly people think doctors are God... and I hate that. Sigh...

Okay well at least its friday and we are all here and smiling

Whats your plans for the weekend.

If its not to windy here, we'll be outside playing
Old 11-14-2003, 09:38 AM   #3  

Leens I saw the news this morning and it was showing how windy it was up there. Wow, I don't ever see winds like that unless there is a hurricane sitting on my house. It was weird though, the poeple that were walking dogs were having a hard time walking but the dogs didn't seem to have a problem. I wonder why.

I don't have any plans, I am by myself again. I am sure Cathy will be too. I really do hate hunting season. Joe seems to think that I should start hunting so I can go with him. I told him there is no way I am going to shoot a bird. I might learn how to blow the duck call but that is it.

I am going to try to eat really clean and move around alot. I am tired of y jeans not fitting. I am thankful that is it chilly right now so that I can wear my sweatshirts. I can't even button my pants right now. That is such a terrible feeling.

I went outside yesterday to run some errands and I made sure that I was in the sun for a few minutes. I am truly amazed at how much better I felt yesterday after getting that light. It makes me wonder if the light box would really help.
Old 11-14-2003, 10:45 AM   #4  

Talking Just a quickie!

Just a short note before I run out and do a few errands.....I have to be back by 10 as the rug man is coming....everything looks so clean and fresh! Just wait until the rugs are done.....yesterday I dusted and vaccumed and put away until about 830 pm..then I had 2 beers and a bag of micro popcorn as my reward......I earned it!

I have to return two DVD's hubby rented....who has time to watch movies....a pick up a few things dd 5 needs for sparks camp tonight....I don't know how I am going to sleep on the floor..I am so stiff and sore......I can't believe I let her talk me into it!

I went to a "Women who have experienced Loss" workshop with my Mom on Wed eve......it was a nice relaxed eve.......the sort of thing I should do more often....anyhow it was nice to revist my grief in that type of forum. We have all experienced loss in one way or another....friend, pet, a dream, child, spouse, parent etc. The focus of this evening was about letting go and acceptance otherwise it is a constant spiral of anger, guilt, and depression.
There is no secret to the letting go either.....you just have to "Do it". She made it very clear that we make a choice not to let it go and move ahead......I hate when people do that!

Anyhow thought I would throw that in.

Our satelite is down and so I have not seen any TV for days...have I missed anything on Dr. Phil? I like to tape him and watch as I run around.

DD 11 was up until almost 11 pm doing math homework last night.....will she ever learn? Her Dad stayed up with her.....I collapsed in bed with dd 5 by 930 pm Felt so good!

You guys and your weather! There is snow on the ground here and has been for weeks....dont' rub it in or I will throw a snowball at you!

Gotta run ladies! Bye for now

Liz

P.S My sister in law found out that she has a lump in her breast. Send up prayers

Last edited by liz321; 11-14-2003 at 11:56 AM.
Old 11-14-2003, 12:49 PM   #5  

Good morning

Just dropping in to say hi....Leenie......I am feeling good today....this is my 4th day of feeling good. That is terrible about your MIL waiting for 3 months about her lump in her breast....I hope she has that biopsy right away.

I am going to go have my breakfast now. I have lost 11.4 lbs. since August!!!!....8.2 lbs. since Sept. 28!!!!

April
Old 11-14-2003, 03:48 PM   #6  
Walking by faith

Angry Hello Ladies

I haven't even turned on the computer for a few days. I feel like I'm in a pit, and I'm trying to drag myself out. I weighed in at TOPS on Tues.-gained 1 lb, but I'm still in TWOterville . A lot is going on; Liz, I could use that loss support group!

Lynnie: Good to see you. Have you heard anything about housing? And are you going to be able to take your trip home? Keep us posted!

Leenie: I can't believe that DR!! Your MIL needs that biopsy!

Don't get me started on some of these doctors! Your weather sounds nasty. Bundle up and don't blow away

Kempy: I bet you're looking forward to duck season being over . Why not try that light box-it just might do the trick. I'm thinking about it myself.

Liz: Have fun w/your Sparkies tonite! I can't believe you already have snow. I used to live in Maine, and that's one thing I don't miss (well, maybe sometimes ). Hope your SIL is o.k. Dr. Phil hasn't had any weight loss challenge shows on this week. I think maybe next Tuesday.

April: WTG on your weight loss!

Cathy, CIN, Tippy, and everyone out there
Enjoy your weekend!

P.S. New smilies-Cool !
Closed Thread