Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 08:34 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Wednesday October 29th

Good Morning,

Getting my coffee & breakfast !

BBl...
Old 10-29-2003, 09:17 AM   #2  

Mornin'.

Not much really going on yet around here. I am really starting to wonder when something is going to happen. I am kind of worried about this place being so slow. I am having flash backs to when I worked at a gym in FL. I wasn't really certain about that place either.

How was everyones night? Mine was pretty uneventful.
Old 10-29-2003, 09:59 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Kem, I would think this time of year people would be really busy with school, and the holidays coming up. Isn't it usually a slow time of year ? then when everyone makes their new years resolutions business picks up until summer ? You know its kinda the same in these forums, people just get so busy and put things off until after the holidays then the boards get swamped w/newbies.
Old 10-29-2003, 11:13 AM   #4  

Last night, when Roger and I came home from our church meeting, I noticed that our dog, Goldie, wasn't acting right. I figured he was just tired. This morning, he just wasn't himself...looked uncomfortable and sad-eyed. We took him to the vet and he determined that Goldie must have found an old bone or something and he can't "pass" it. He suggested we give him an enema. I replied "John, don't even go there!" So, Goldie is spending the day there and they will give him THAT, plus mineral oil and an antibiotic. The joys of owning a big doggy and living out in the country!

My leg is improving daily. Gotta keep it wrapped, but that's no big deal.

Going to find some breakfast..............
Old 10-29-2003, 12:35 PM   #5  

Angry HI Everyone

HI everyone!

Well I am finally sitting down and catching my breath....when will things slow down!

I worked an 8 hour eve on Monday eve from 730 pm to 330 in the morning.....up with the kids in the morning got them off to school had a quick nap and then off to a meeting in the afternoon...last night we had to go back to the school as a family and did pumpkin carving....dd 11 went to basketball practise with Dad.....the assistant coach and I took dd 5 to rythmic gymnastics from 7-745 pm.....what a good cardio workout....I could not keep up!

Today the housekeeper is here...I did my phoning for the Novemeber Kindergarten Roster, laundry, November schedualing and am off to pick up dd5, drop her off at Gramma's and off to a SARS meeting from 1-4pm in ER.

Tonight is sparks! Homework and a family evening together. Tomorrow is not to bad and then it is the chaos that Halloween always brings! I work two nights over the weekend so that is not bad. Saturday eve is a birthday party for my Dad at my brothers house. We are all chipping in for a piano he has picked out. I want to fine tune the album I put together for him so he probably won't get that until Xmas. No rush.......he waited this long.

Hubby has started working out with a personal trainer so he is feeling good about that......I am reading a book called The Schwarzbein Principle.....it is very interesting and if it is true I totally understand why I have the problems I have losing weight and keeping it off.

I have to study over the next couple weeks for a TNN-ER trauma course I am taking. I am also having about 20 people here on Nov 16th for a Grey Cup Football party. I am making that potluck as it is just too much work otherwise. We have a group of friends from highschool/university/slowpitch baseball and out of this group about 8 babies have been born this fall including two sets of twins....so I figure this is the only way I am going to get my hands on these babies! The guys can watch the game and the ladies will visit and play with the babies and the food will be simple buffet style.

Before that weekend I want to get my carpets cleaned and dry wall the basement with plumbing and electricity wired in.

So.........as you can see my mind is going 100 miles an hour. I have to keep going while the going is good....I will probably be cursing myself for taking all this stuff on because I never know how I am going to feel......but I never cancel out so in a way it forces me to do things.

Hope everyone is having a great day......sorry I went on and on.....I'll check back in awhile!

Liz
Old 10-29-2003, 12:52 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Tippy your Goldie is so lucky the bone didn't splinter, OMG dogs can die in seconds and it is horrible. I'm so glad you caught it, poor thing. Are you going out trick or treating

Liz, please tell me how you like the The Schwarzbein Principle book, Ive heard ALOT about it and am very curious.. it is low carb right ? How in the world do you find time to read..... I KNOW !! you don't sleep you go girl.

Well I won't be in tomorrow to start the daily thread so please if you all wouldn't mind, someone please - Thanks !! (auntie's funeral )

TTYL, Leenie
Old 10-29-2003, 01:12 PM   #7  

Leens I will get back to you on the book.....I read while I am watching swimming lessons, gymnastics and on my breaks at work!

Bye for now.....hang in there tomorrow Leens!

Liz
Old 10-29-2003, 02:24 PM   #8  

Hello all. Its been a while since I have posted, but I am glad to see all is well around here.

I bought the Dr. Phil book The Ultimate Weight Solution yesterday, so I hope to start reading that soon. Has anyone here read that? I know they are reading it on the book club forum, and it looks like they are having some good discussions.

My week has been pretty boring...as usual. Nothing great going on here, just bored at work. DD is excited about Friday, and we are going to attempt to carve her pumpkin tonight. It has been years since I have carved a pumpkin, but I found a carving kit with all the tools and stencils, so this should be fun. We normally just paint pumpkins, but DD wanted to do something different this year!

Deondra
Old 10-29-2003, 03:54 PM   #9  
Walking by faith

Angry Hello Everyone

It's a beautiful day here today I ended up not going to my TOPS meeting last night. I know I need the accountibility of a group, but meetings have been kind of awkward-it's a long story. I used the time instead to do some reading in Dr. Phil's book. I've just finished the beginning, but it sounds promising.

Leens: I'll be thinking of you tomorrow

Liz: Slow down! I'm going to be at Sparks tonite too-mine is a children's ministry for K-2nd grade. I'm sure they'll be bouncing off the walls!

Tippy: I hope your dog will be better soon. Keep taking good care of your leg

Kempy: Sounds like you're discouraged about work. I'm sure business will pick up soon

Dee: How are you liking Dr. Phil's book so far? Have fun carving pumpkins

Cath, Lynnie, and everyone else

Have a blessed day!
Old 10-29-2003, 04:17 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good afternoon chickadees!

Really busy at work today – just wanted to say a quick hello.

Hope all is well

hugs,
cathy
Closed Thread