Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 08:10 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Tuesday, October 7

Good Morning Everyone,

Got a lot of catching up to do here so I'll check in later

Hugs !
Old 10-07-2003, 09:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

I'm grabbing my first cup of coffee.

Did anybody see Dr. Phil yesterday? any thoughts? There was one thing he said that hit me right between the eyes. He was talking to the black man that was a marine, and talking about him being everybody's cheerleader and how he was always into everybody else, and Dr. Phil said that he has noticed that when you're focused on everybody else, then they AREN'T FOCUSED ON YOU!

True confessions here girls....that is me! Especially since my oldest son developed a chemical imbalance. It's something that he doesn't really want us talking about with others bec he feels they don't understand and will label him so whenever we go anywhere, family, church, work, anywhere really, I am busy busy busy focusing on everybody else and what is going on with them, so that they won't ask me what is going on with me. Don't really know what I'm suppose to do with that tidbit of truth, but it did get my attention.

Anybody else watch the show?

I'll be back later.

Cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 10-07-2003 at 11:21 AM.
Old 10-07-2003, 10:12 AM   #3  

I don' t get a chance to watch him b/ ci ma at work and I have no idea how to set my VCR. The time still flashes on it.

Cathy I got my AC fixed. It was a stupid switch in the attic. I am just glad the my neighbor is in the AC business b/c we would have had to pay for that visit. SOmetimes I love living in a small town. It really helps when you need things done.

Leens is the boss there? Did you get the grandma e-mail?

I hope all of you guys are great today and I look forward to chatting.
Old 10-07-2003, 11:12 AM   #4  

Hi everyone!

Have a friend and her new baby and toddler coming for coffee so I did a quick one hour tidy....missed my post weekend clean which I usually do every monday cause I worked days yesterday.

Can't stay.....just wanted to say hi.

I missed DR. Phil...I was working and hubby was out and about and didn't tape for me...I forgot to tell him.

Will check in later!

Eliz

Another beautiful fall day
Old 10-07-2003, 11:25 AM   #5  

Good morning

I saw the last half of Dr. Phil yesterday.....I now realize what I have been doing....all or nothing thinking....like Saturday night we went for Chinese food....I was going to quit Ediets because I had blown it with Chinese food....I didn't quit....but I have been doing that....like when I am doing some diet....will quit when I do something I shouldn't.....like eat something I shouldn't....that would be it.....I would quit....or in the day....when I would eat something like junk food....then that would be it for the day....I would eat everything in sight.....so now I know this....will try to change this.

I just dropped in to say hi....see you later.

April
Old 10-07-2003, 01:04 PM   #6  
Divine Gal

Default Good Afternoon Ladies

Hello gang! I have been busy this morning playing with my Paint Shop!! There isn't much going on except boredom.*snickers*
I think I may pick a book up in a bit.WOW!!!Get caught up in some romance because it looks as though the DH is to tired lately for that.

well I hope yall have a great day.

*hugs*
lynnie
Old 10-07-2003, 01:33 PM   #7  

Do men ever get too tired for that? I think not....get creative Lynnie!

Hope everyone is having a great morning!

Eliz
Old 10-07-2003, 02:05 PM   #8  
Walking by faith

Angry Hi everyone!

I didn't see Dr. Phil last night 'cuz I was watching my Red Sox beat the A's! Our local station has him on twice a day, so I can watch yesterday's episode next Monday. I have the same problem with being a cheerleader for everyone else. I never thought of this as being a way of diverting attention from myself. How am I doing? Eating wise-only fair. Tonight is my weigh in at TOPS, and I'm pretty sure I've gained. We'll see.

I bought Dr. Phil's book yesterday. I've only read the intro so far, but just the chapters sound interesting.

Not much else going on here. Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 10-07-2003, 02:44 PM   #9  
CIN

Default Another Child Of The KING!

Hi Everyone,
It is a beautiful mild sunny day here in Ky! I love Fall weather!

I came home for lunch break and ate with my hubby and MIL.She was flying to Dallas to visit her other son.

Not much new here.Looking forward to bandage off finger....and pain to subside more. I think writing has not helped it but I must do it. It is bound to get better.

I forgot to turn on Dr phil yesterday.............I am not used to watching any daytime TV even when I am home............so therefore I missed it. I often find I have enough prayer targets and concerns with others and myself without watching it on TV!That is why I quit watching daytime for the most part a long time ago. I am sure he is attempting to help people and does.

Later.........have a good day!
Cin

PS All women have a tendancy to put ourselves last and take care of everyone else. With age we often learn to take better care of us so we can better care for them.It takes a while not to feel you are selfish by caring for you!
Old 10-07-2003, 03:44 PM   #10  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

off to take the kids to the fair and meet friends. It has been a tough week for food with the jewish holidays but I am still plugging at the gym.
-L
DR Phil was good yesterday, the all or nothing is what gets many in trouble, I have tried to switch that off but I do falter. But I have not given up the gym so i hope that will help.
Old 10-07-2003, 06:54 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 318/ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone,

I'm posting late again.

I was feeling pretty good the first half of the day. I did my half hour on the dreadmill and at on program breakfast and lunch.

My dh made some delicious smelling chili and when I looked in the book (haven't eaten chili in months) I saw that one cup of chili is 8 points!

It set me into a tailspin and pissed me off.

I tried to figure out why and I guess it's because I enjoyed chili and now I don't eat it much because it's not much food for the amount of points you give up.

I had the chili this evening and don't have any points left for anything but celery.

Grrrrrr...
Old 10-07-2003, 07:42 PM   #12  
Divine Gal

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishcoda
Hi everyone,

I'm posting late again.

I was feeling pretty good the first half of the day. I did my half hour on the dreadmill and at on program breakfast and lunch.

My dh made some delicious smelling chili and when I looked in the book (haven't eaten chili in months) I saw that one cup of chili is 8 points!

It set me into a tailspin and pissed me off.

I tried to figure out why and I guess it's because I enjoyed chili and now I don't eat it much because it's not much food for the amount of points you give up.

I had the chili this evening and don't have any points left for anything but celery.

Grrrrrr...
You know what I did.One night I only ate 1/2 cup of chili with 10 crackers. 1/2 cup chili= 4 points 10 saltines= 2 points

the crackers help fill u up.Are you doing the flexpoints? if you are u can use them.... too
Old 10-07-2003, 09:58 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

I'm not doing ww, but I just can't understand how a cup of homemade chili could possibly be 8 points??? cin can you enlighten us please? that just sounds like an awful lot of points for a cup of tomato sauce, chili powder, ground meat and a few beans??? just asking
Old 10-07-2003, 10:11 PM   #14  
Walking by faith

Angry Good evening ladies!

I went to my TOPS weigh in, and I lost another pound. So what did I do? I came home and had for dinner My hardest times with eating are when I'm tired or hurting. That's when I run to the fridge/pantry. I'm done with eating for today, and tomorrow is a fresh start.

Irishcoda: Would the points be different if the chili was meatless? Chili is a great meal for the colder weather, and very healthy if you don't throw a ton of meat in.

Wishing you all a lovely evening

P.S. GO SOX!
I live in GA now, but I grew up in MA.
Old 10-08-2003, 12:25 AM   #15  
Divine Gal

Cathy u wouldn't believ how many points ground beef is
Closed Thread