Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2003, 08:13 AM   #1  

Thumbs up Lexapro

My doctor prescribed Lexapro when I told him I had PMS. I am also on Armour Thyroid so he thought this would enhance this medications effects.
Anyway, my problem (and my Mom is having the same one) is that it makes me really tired. I tried Paxil and it made me feel the same way (probably worse). I was on Prozac for so long that I was up to 3 pills a day and decided to stop because I wasn't feeling any better.

Is anyone on Lexapro and having success?

Thanks,
Randi
Old 10-05-2003, 11:10 AM   #2  
Divine Gal

hiya Randi
Welcome
is lexapro working for ya?

lynnie
Old 10-05-2003, 05:57 PM   #3  

Lynnie-

I got off it after a week because i didn't like the way it made me feel. I was wondering if anyone else had success.

Anyone?

Randi
Old 10-05-2003, 09:18 PM   #4  
Divine Gal

Quote:
Originally posted by Randi Girl
Lynnie-

I got off it after a week because i didn't like the way it made me feel. I was wondering if anyone else had success.

Anyone?

Randi
i have never been on it.How did the paxil work for you?

I am on paxil and wellbutrin.The combination of them both seems to work well together....You might want to look into that.
Old 10-11-2003, 02:44 PM   #5  

My daughter take Lexapro and it took about a month to get use to but now she is doing great! She had such bad Pms and life around here has been a lot better since she has been on it. You just have to give it a little time to take full effect.
Hope this helps,
Sami
Old 10-12-2003, 10:06 AM   #6  

Sami-

Thanks for your post. Was she tired all the time, too?

Randi
Old 10-12-2003, 10:47 AM   #7  

She was tired at first but after about 1 month to 6 weeks that passed. I do notice that around that time of the month she is more tired anyway so I encourage her to get more rest.
Hope this helps It has made such a diffrence she had pms so bad no one could stand her durning that time.
Sami
Old 10-15-2003, 12:28 PM   #8  

I have been taking Lexapro since July and noticed that I was very tired the first six weeks, but I my body has since adjusted to it. I quit drinking soda four weeks ago and for the most part avoid caffeine and am not sleepy. I have a follow up tomorrow, I still notice some anxiety, but my pms'ing is a lot better, and my family is very happy

Hang in there!!
Old 10-16-2003, 01:47 PM   #9  

Wow, I started Lexapro over a month ago and have been so tired. I was beginning to think it was just me, guess not. I do notice that I am less tired now than right after I started, so maybe it is almost over. I do truly believe that no matter how tired I am it is so worth the positives changes in me. I feel so much better in general than before I started taking it. It has made a HUGE difference in my life, and I hope you will give it a shot!
Old 10-20-2003, 09:14 AM   #10  

Oh my gosh, I was so excited when I saw this thread about Lexapro. I've just started taking it and I wasn't really sure what to expect. My doctor, who is absolutely wonderful, and I have tried several drugs before this one and we're hoping this one will be much more beneficial for me.

He told me that some people see results in the first two weeks and within at least 4 to 6 weeks I should see a difference. It's been two weeks now and already I can see subtle changes. I smile much more and am not grumpy or grouchy. But, what I'm enjoying is the fact that I'm laughing again.

Yes, I'm a bit tired and don't seem to have much energy but like you all have noted...my doctor said to please give it a period of time so that my body gets used to it. What I don't feel is the terrible headaches and upset stomach that I felt with the other types of medications I tried.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will be the one. I'll keep my fingers crossed for all of you, too.

Thank you for this thread...I'm so happy I found this site because my weight has become troublesome with the many medications I've tried. I need to do this for me and my family...I want to be healthy for all of us.

Have a most beautiful day, Everyone.

Old 10-20-2003, 10:39 AM   #11  

wishingandhoping-

Thanks for your reply. Please let me know how it goes after 4 - 6 weeks. I stopped taking my meds because I was way too tired and hated the way it made me feel.

Thanks.

Randi
Closed Thread